LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM
User Name
Password
Slackware - ARM This forum is for the discussion of Slackware ARM.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #46
interndan
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: near Marion, Ill
Distribution: Slackware 14.2 64bit on Desktop Slackwarearm on Raspberry PI v1b
Posts: 358

Rep: Reputation: 31

I'm obviously missing something. I have tried installing to my orangepi (Orange Pi PC V1.3), but it isn't working as expected. I first downloaded one of the orangepi images and burnt it to my sd card. It booted up just fine, but apparently just a miniroot fs. I have been trying with no success to get the rest installed to make a complete installation of slarm64. I tried making an install disk on usb connected sd by downloading all the files from the mirror site. Setup fails to run after booting into the minifs. It just drops back to the command prompt. I have tried using slackpkg by pointing it first to my downloaded files, then to the mirror site (using https, http, and ftp) I keep getting different errors.

What do I need to get Slarm64 installed on my Orangepi?
 
Old 09-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #47
drmozes
Slackware Contributor
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Surrey, England
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 823

Rep: Reputation: 615Reputation: 615Reputation: 615Reputation: 615Reputation: 615Reputation: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by interndan View Post
I'm obviously missing something. I have tried installing to my orangepi (Orange Pi PC V1.3), but it isn't working as expected. I first downloaded one of the orangepi images and burnt it to my sd card. It booted up just fine, but apparently just a miniroot fs. I have been trying with no success to get the rest installed to make a complete installation of slarm64. I tried making an install disk on usb connected sd by downloading all the files from the mirror site. Setup fails to run after booting into the minifs. It just drops back to the command prompt. I have tried using slackpkg by pointing it first to my downloaded files, then to the mirror site (using https, http, and ftp) I keep getting different errors.

What do I need to get Slarm64 installed on my Orangepi?
Orange Pi PC is not 64bit. The Orange PI PC is supported by Slackware ARM in -current. You'll find the instructions linked from the web site.
 
Old 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #48
interndan
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: near Marion, Ill
Distribution: Slackware 14.2 64bit on Desktop Slackwarearm on Raspberry PI v1b
Posts: 358

Rep: Reputation: 31
That explains it. Thanks Dr. Mozes. I mis-read the specs, I was looking at H5 specs not H3. Guess I will go to current install.
 
Old 09-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #49
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
updated miniroot aarch64 29 Sep 18

glibc 2.28

slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_29Sep18.tar.xz
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_29Sep18_details.txt

Last edited by sndwvs; 09-29-2018 at 03:37 PM.
 
Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #50
Linux.tar.gz
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2003
Location: Paris
Distribution: Slackware forever.
Posts: 2,420

Rep: Reputation: 95
Thanks.
 
Old 10-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #51
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
support for aarch64 (slarm64) added to slackpkg
Respectively added code to generate .asc files
 
Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #52
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
information about changes in the package database README_DIFFERENCE_IN_PACKAGES.TXT

Last edited by sndwvs; 12-28-2018 at 04:07 AM.
 
Old 12-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #53
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
updated miniroot aarch64 28 Dec 18
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_28Dec18.tar.xz
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_28Dec18_details.txt
 
Old 01-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #54
lamerix
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2018
Location: Bulgaria
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 21

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Hey sndwvs,
wget in the miniroot complains about missing libs:
Code:
wget: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre2-8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
wget: error while loading shared libraries: libpsl.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Installing:
Code:
 libpsl-0.20.2-aarch64-1.txz
 pcre2-10.32-aarch64-1.txz
fixes the issue.
 
Old 01-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #55
lamerix
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2018
Location: Bulgaria
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 21

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Currently testing slarm64 on Olinuxino A64 (with Allwinner A64 CPU).
At first look most things seem to work with mainline u-boot & mainline kernel (4.20). (0 patches)
I'll try to provide feedback about slarm64 while using it. And try to get it running on the Teres-I laptop too (A64 cpu again).

dmesg
.config

Last edited by lamerix; 01-04-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Adding dmesg & kernel config
 
Old 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #56
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerix View Post
Hey sndwvs,
wget in the miniroot complains about missing libs:
Code:
wget: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre2-8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
wget: error while loading shared libraries: libpsl.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hi, lamerix

Thanks for the error message, added these packages to the general package database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerix View Post
Currently testing slarm64 on Olinuxino A64 (with Allwinner A64 CPU).
At first look most things seem to work with mainline u-boot & mainline kernel (4.20). (0 patches)
I'll try to provide feedback about slarm64 while using it. And try to get it running on the Teres-I laptop too (A64 cpu again).
also nice to hear everything works as intended.

updated miniroot aarch64 04 Jan 19
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_04Jan19.tar.xz
slack-current-aarch64-miniroot_04Jan19_details.txt
 
Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #57
Nekit_Manzin
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jan 2019
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Sorry for probably stupid question, but how to install it on Orange Pi Win Plus?
I download rootfs, but doesn't find any instructions..
 
Old 01-07-2019, 07:13 AM   #58
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekit_Manzin View Post
Sorry for probably stupid question, but how to install it on Orange Pi Win Plus?
I download rootfs, but doesn't find any instructions..
This system is not tied to any board, and rootfs without a kernel and a bootloader.

To install on Orange Pi Win Plus, you need a kernel that supports this board (the kernel of the same armbian), and install the bootloader.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #59
stratact
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2019
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Hi sndwvs,

I would like to install your slack-current-aarch64 rootfs on my NanoPC T4, but I need some more specific instructions. I have the rootfs downloaded and I have armbian flashed on the board, but what do I specifically do with the rootfs? Do I need remove files from the armbian installation before extracting the rootfs or can I extract freely into the system install?
 
Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 AM   #60
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 241

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratact View Post
Hi sndwvs,

I would like to install your slack-current-aarch64 rootfs on my NanoPC T4, but I need some more specific instructions. I have the rootfs downloaded and I have armbian flashed on the board, but what do I specifically do with the rootfs? Do I need remove files from the armbian installation before extracting the rootfs or can I extract freely into the system install?
hi stratact,

you need to leave the /boot directory
and leave the directory /lib/modules, /lib/firmware
after extract all from rootfs
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AArch64 kernel and modules to install Slackware ARM current on the RPi3 Exaga Slackware - ARM 27 02-07-2017 10:45 AM
LXer: ARM64/AArch64 Support Going Into Linux 3.7 Kernel LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 10-02-2012 06:20 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration