LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM
User Name
Password
Slackware - ARM This forum is for the discussion of Slackware ARM.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #46
aaditya
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2013
Location: India
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 268
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaggerHU View Post
Yes, I absolutely agree. However, at the moment I don't have a serial cable that I could use.
I have already ordered one, but it will take a few weeks to arrive. I will keep you updated with any news as things happen.
Hi wowbaggerHU,

I think the kernel might lack support for the display. Armbian folks also seem to be having issue with mainline currently:
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12332-pinebook-pro/

Can try the kernel from Manjaro ARM, there is a kernel dev working on it: :-)
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8207
 
Old 02-28-2020, 09:36 PM   #47
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
thanks aaditya,
i will try to collect the image on the working manjaro linux
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #49
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
kernel and u-boot used from manjaro project, please check
Okay, I will have the possibility to check it on next Tuesday.

In the meantime I took the old slackware_arm_build_kit, and tried choosing the legacy kernel option for pinebook-pro, but the build failed at:

Code:
|info| start        build slarm64 ARCH x86_64
|info| compiling    u-boot-tools next-dev::
|info| patching     succeeded enable-logging.patch
|info| compiling    arm-trusted-firmware master::
|err | details      /home/user/slackbuild/new/b/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
The last part of the build log was:
Code:
  HOSTLD  tools/resource_tool
  HOSTLD  tools/gen_ethaddr_crc
  HOSTLD  tools/mkenvimage
  HOSTLD  tools/boot_merger
  HOSTLD  tools/trust_merger
  HOSTLD  tools/loaderimage
  HOSTLD  tools/dumpimage
  HOSTLD  tools/mkimage
  HOSTLD  tools/fdtgrep
/home/user/slackbuild/new/b/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/arm-trusted-firmware /home/user/slackbuild/new/b/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-tools
  REALCLEAN
  CC      drivers/arm/gic/common/gic_common.c
  CC      drivers/arm/gic/v3/arm_gicv3_common.c
  CC      drivers/arm/gic/v3/gic500.c
  CC      drivers/arm/gic/v3/gicv3_main.c
  CC      drivers/arm/gic/v3/gicv3_helpers.c
  CC      plat/common/plat_gicv3.c
  CC      plat/rockchip/common/rockchip_gicv3.c
  CC      drivers/arm/cci/cci.c
  CC      drivers/delay_timer/delay_timer.c
  CC      drivers/delay_timer/generic_delay_timer.c
  CC      drivers/gpio/gpio.c
  CC      plat/rockchip/common/bl31_plat_setup.c
plat/rockchip/common/bl31_plat_setup.c: In function 'bl31_early_platform_setup2':
plat/rockchip/common/bl31_plat_setup.c:68:29: error: 'console_t {aka struct console}' has no member named 'console'
   console_set_scope(&console.console,
                             ^
make: *** [Makefile:966: build/rk3399/release/bl31/bl31_plat_setup.o] Error 1
 
Old 02-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #50
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
use the pinebook-pro branch

Last edited by sndwvs; 02-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.
 
Old 03-01-2020, 04:52 AM   #51
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
use the pinebook-pro branch
Okay, I just tried that, but it failed the same way as the master (or arm) branch: right at the download phase.
The logs are the following:

Code:
 92000K ..........                                            100% 25.8M=36s

2020-03-01 10:47:48 (2.51 MB/s) - '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/gcc-linaro-5.5.0-2017.10-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz' saved [94218924/94218924]

|----------- delimiter ----------- "extract" "gcc-linaro-5.5.0-2017.10-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu" -----------|
|----------- delimiter ----------- "download" "u-boot-pinebook_pro" -----------|
Cloning into '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-pinebook_pro'...
/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-pinebook_pro /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit
/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit
|----------- delimiter ----------- "download" "u-boot-tools" -----------|
fatal: destination path '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-tools' already exists and is not an empty directory.
The build environment was clean before I started build.sh.
 
Old 03-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #52
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaggerHU View Post
Okay, I just tried that, but it failed the same way as the master (or arm) branch: right at the download phase.
The logs are the following:

Code:
 92000K ..........                                            100% 25.8M=36s

2020-03-01 10:47:48 (2.51 MB/s) - '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/gcc-linaro-5.5.0-2017.10-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz' saved [94218924/94218924]

|----------- delimiter ----------- "extract" "gcc-linaro-5.5.0-2017.10-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu" -----------|
|----------- delimiter ----------- "download" "u-boot-pinebook_pro" -----------|
Cloning into '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-pinebook_pro'...
/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-pinebook_pro /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit
/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit
|----------- delimiter ----------- "download" "u-boot-tools" -----------|
fatal: destination path '/home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-tools' already exists and is not an empty directory.
The build environment was clean before I started build.sh.
thanks wowbaggerHU, fixed
 
Old 03-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #53
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
thanks wowbaggerHU, fixed
Okay, I pulled your latest commits. When starting build.sh, I choose
pinebook_pro
legacy
clean, download, compile, mini-image, tools
aarch64

And the download now fails with this:
Code:
|info| added        configuration file 00-environment.conf
|info| added        configuration file build-packages.conf
|info| added        configuration file pinebook_pro.conf
|info| added        configuration file rk3399.conf
|err | details      /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
user@slackbuild:~/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit$ cat /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
--2020-03-01 17:50:15--  https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.2-2017.11/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gcc-linaro-7.2.1-2017.11-aarch64_arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz.asc
Resolving releases.linaro.org (releases.linaro.org)... 52.215.200.125
Connecting to releases.linaro.org (releases.linaro.org)|52.215.200.125|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-03-01 17:50:15 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Edited to add:
The same thing happens if I choose "next" on the second screen.
I believe the arch detection, and download URL determination code may be broken again.
IMHO this URLs would be the proper ones:
Code:
https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.2-2017.11/aarch64-linux-gnu/gcc-linaro-7.2.1-2017.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz{,.asc}

Last edited by wowbaggerHU; 03-01-2020 at 12:03 PM.
 
Old 03-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #54
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaggerHU View Post
Okay, I pulled your latest commits. When starting build.sh, I choose
pinebook_pro
legacy
clean, download, compile, mini-image, tools
aarch64

And the download now fails with this:
Code:
|info| added        configuration file 00-environment.conf
|info| added        configuration file build-packages.conf
|info| added        configuration file pinebook_pro.conf
|info| added        configuration file rk3399.conf
|err | details      /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
user@slackbuild:~/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit$ cat /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
--2020-03-01 17:50:15--  https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.2-2017.11/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gcc-linaro-7.2.1-2017.11-aarch64_arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz.asc
Resolving releases.linaro.org (releases.linaro.org)... 52.215.200.125
Connecting to releases.linaro.org (releases.linaro.org)|52.215.200.125|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-03-01 17:50:15 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Edited to add:
The same thing happens if I choose "next" on the second screen.
I believe the arch detection, and download URL determination code may be broken again.
IMHO this URLs would be the proper ones:
Code:
https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.2-2017.11/aarch64-linux-gnu/gcc-linaro-7.2.1-2017.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz{,.asc}
thanks wowbaggerHU, fixed
 
Old 03-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #55
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
thanks wowbaggerHU, fixed
I pulled your latest changes, and retried building the firmware image.
Something still seems to be wrong around the CROSS_COMPILE setting, because I'm still getting the good old familar error message:

Code:
info| start        build slarm64 ARCH aarch64
|info| clear        boot tools
|info| compiling    u-boot-tools next-dev::
|err | details      /home/janos/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log

$ tail /home/user/slackbuild/new/c/slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/build.log
#
# configuration written to .config
#
scripts/kconfig/conf  --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/config.h
  UPD     include/config.h
  CFG     u-boot.cfg
  GEN     include/autoconf.mk.dep
  CFG     spl/u-boot.cfg
cc1: error: unknown register name: x18 [-Werror]
cc1: error: unknown register name: x18 [-Werror]
cc1: error: unknown register name: x18 [-Werror]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.autoconf:50: include/autoconf.mk.dep] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.autoconf:83: spl/u-boot.cfg] Error 1
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.autoconf:79: u-boot.cfg] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'include/config/uboot.release'.  Stop.
 
Old 03-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #56
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Do you have gcc compiler installed on your system?
Code:
cc --version
 
Old 03-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #57
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndwvs View Post
Do you have gcc compiler installed on your system?
Code:
cc --version
Yes, absolutely:
Code:
$ cc --version
cc (GCC) 9.2.0
Copyright (C) 2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Of course it's the x86_64 native version, but the cross compilation toolchain gets automatically downloaded by your script.
I believe the CROSS or CROSS_COMPILE variables may be off. Tomorrow I will have more time to troubleshoot this in more depth.
 
Old 03-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #58
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
strange, u-boot-tools do not need a cross-compiler and they must be compiled by the host compiler, since ATF manipulation in the bootloader is given from the host
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #59
sndwvs
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2014
Posts: 942

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
so it’s clear that this is not connected with compilers and the environment, but with architecture.
Let's check
go to slackware_arm_build_kit/build/source/u-boot-tools
Code:
make clean
make qemu-x86_64_defconfig
make -j6
ls tools/ | grep merge
if everything goes smoothly show the output of the: ls tools/ | grep merge
 
Old 03-03-2020, 02:26 AM   #60
wowbaggerHU
Member
 
Registered: Feb 2017
Location: Hungary
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 179

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I tested this image, and the result was the same as before. Nothing on the display, and no visible activity happening anywhere.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: Destination Linux 131 - Endeavour OS, Deepin, OnlyOffice, Silverblue, Pinebook Pro, Ubuntu Mate, GPD LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 07-25-2019 06:41 AM
LXer: Linux 5.2, Debian 10, Pinebook Pro, Mageia, Whonix, GRUB, Valve, Zorin, Mint | This Week in Linux 73 LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 07-10-2019 06:43 AM
Video : New PINE64 Products. PineBook Pro, PinePhone, PineCam, PineH64 NicoD SBC Linux - Embedded & Single-board computer 2 02-06-2019 04:37 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration