LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM
User Name
Password
Slackware - ARM This forum is for the discussion of Slackware ARM.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
enine
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Distribution: Slackʍɐɹǝ
Posts: 1,303
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 193Reputation: 193
Error building LibreOffice with AlienBob's libreoffice64.SlackBuild


I'm building on arm so I can't use his pre-built packages. I am running -current and slackpkg shows I'm up to date. I get the following error:

Code:
checking for ant... no
checking for ant.sh... no
checking for ant.bat... no
checking for ant.cmd... no
configure: error: Ant not found - Make sure it's in the path or use --with-ant-home
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 302.
sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
./libreoffice64.SlackBuild FAILED at line 1405
Its odd because his script usually downloads everything needed. is ant something that should be part of the -current or is this https://slackbuilds.org/repository/1...s/ant-contrib/ from Slackbuilds?

Thanks
 
Old 04-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
mralk3
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2015
Distribution: Slackware, OpenBSD
Posts: 1,547

Rep: Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869
So this is tricky to build. Alien's script won't work on arm/aarch64. I was successful on aarch64 using the SlackBuild from SBo, by Chris willing. I didn't build directly from SBo, but using ponce's git repository. I also used slackrepo to build it so I could minimally modify the build using what slackrepo calls a hint file. Basically I updated to a newer version, disabled java, postgresql and firebird support. I attached the hint file, I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes and I will help you out if needed.

LibreOffice.hint file:
Code:
OPTIONS="LOLANGS=en-US JAVA=no HAVE_SRCS_TARBALL=1 postgresql='--disable-postgresql-sdbc'"
VERSION="7.1.2.2"
DOWNLOAD="http://192.168.40.204/slackbuilds/source/libreoffice-7.1.2.2.tar.xz \
          http://192.168.40.204/slackbuilds/source/libreoffice-7.1.2.2-srcs.tar.xz"
MD5SUM="60af85a8960ef2bc0f70880e589dc12c \
        039a48e55a9b08cd6d6a37f7cab7ec8d"

Remove jdk11 from the .info file if you build using slackrepo or sbopkg.

Here is where I got the SlackBuild: http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/tre...ce/LibreOffice

I also added --disable-firebird-sdbc to the ./autogen.sh configuration. If you just want to run the Slackbuild, also add --without-java and --disable-postgresql-sdbc.


I found the LFS guide useful for this build too, http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs...breoffice.html

Hopefully this makes sense, I can clarify.

Last edited by mralk3; 04-04-2021 at 05:06 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #3
alekow
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 213

Rep: Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by enine View Post
I'm building on arm so I can't use his pre-built packages. I am running -current and slackpkg shows I'm up to date. I get the following error:

Code:
checking for ant... no
checking for ant.sh... no
checking for ant.bat... no
checking for ant.cmd... no
configure: error: Ant not found - Make sure it's in the path or use --with-ant-home
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 302.
sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
./libreoffice64.SlackBuild FAILED at line 1405
Its odd because his script usually downloads everything needed. is ant something that should be part of the -current or is this https://slackbuilds.org/repository/1...s/ant-contrib/ from Slackbuilds?

Thanks
Hi,

Did you want the old libreoffice-6.4.6? If you want the newest use libreoffice.SlackBuild rather than libreoffice64.SlackBuild

I did make it build on Slackware ARM, but it wasn't straightforward. I made quite a few modifications to the script and I am not sure which ones were necessary in the end. I might have a look at the SBo slackbuild next time.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
enine
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Distribution: Slackʍɐɹǝ
Posts: 1,303

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 193Reputation: 193
Yes, this is complicated. I am, building 6.4.2. I'm trying to keep the same versions on my (86)laptop and (arm)Pi. & of LO I had some problems with on my laptop, it would run fine for a bit then start scrolling slow so I went back to 6.4 for now.

I suppose I should really switch the laptop to -current

Last edited by enine; 04-04-2021 at 07:06 PM.
 
Old 04-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #5
mralk3
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2015
Distribution: Slackware, OpenBSD
Posts: 1,547

Rep: Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869Reputation: 869
As a reference to how much memory and processing power I needed: I had 18 combined processor cores, 10GB of RAM, and 12GB of Swap, between my distcc hosts. It took 5 hours or so to build LibreOffice from source and several more testing the script before that to get it to build.

If your system is very sluggish while building LO, you need to add more swap space and memory to your build machine(s). It most likely means that you have your swap space stored on your SD Card. Get an external hard drive, plug it into your ARM device, and add a swap file to the external disk. Make sure the swap is using a higher priority than your existing swap. Rule of thumb is: mount /tmp in memory, dont swap on SD, don't swap on the same disk where the LO source code is being built at, and if you have one, use a solid state drive.
 
Old 04-06-2021, 04:52 AM   #6
Alien Bob
Slackware Contributor
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 8,435

Rep: Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628Reputation: 7628
Quote:
Originally Posted by enine View Post
I'm building on arm so I can't use his pre-built packages. I am running -current and slackpkg shows I'm up to date. I get the following error:

Code:
checking for ant... no
checking for ant.sh... no
checking for ant.bat... no
checking for ant.cmd... no
configure: error: Ant not found - Make sure it's in the path or use --with-ant-home
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 302.
sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
./libreoffice64.SlackBuild FAILED at line 1405
Its odd because his script usually downloads everything needed. is ant something that should be part of the -current or is this https://slackbuilds.org/repository/1...s/ant-contrib/ from Slackbuilds?

Thanks
Using my scripts you should always read the header. The stuff that gets downloaded is the sources for the package that should be built. But there are also build-time requirements, i.e. stuff you should already have installed before starting the build script.
In the header section of https://slackware.nl/people/alien/sl...e64.SlackBuild you can find:
Code:
# Needs:      
# Build-time: apache-ant,jdk8,perl-archive-zip
#             Reinstall gpgme because its headers may have been overwritten
#             by kdepimlibs4...
#             (for Slackware 14.2 you need to upgrade gcc to the 9.2.0 version
#              in 'unsupported' and you can revert back to 5.5.0 after
#              compilation is completed. You also need to compile/upgrade to
#              the version of gperf as found in Slackware 15.0)
#             (for Slackware 13.37, you need to install mozilla-nss and
#              also upgrade to the seamonkey and seamonkey-solibs in /patches !)
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:38 AM   #7
enine
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Distribution: Slackʍɐɹǝ
Posts: 1,303

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 193Reputation: 193
Thanks guys, I did go back to the Slackbuild at http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/tre...ce/LibreOffice and was able to build 7.1 fine after a loooong compile
 
Old 04-06-2021, 06:43 AM   #8
enine
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Distribution: Slackʍɐɹǝ
Posts: 1,303

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 193Reputation: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Bob View Post
Using my scripts you should always read the header. The stuff that gets downloaded is the sources for the package that should be built. But there are also build-time requirements, i.e. stuff you should already have installed before starting the build script.
In the header section of https://slackware.nl/people/alien/sl...e64.SlackBuild you can find:
Code:
# Needs:      
# Build-time: apache-ant,jdk8,perl-archive-zip
#             Reinstall gpgme because its headers may have been overwritten
#             by kdepimlibs4...
#             (for Slackware 14.2 you need to upgrade gcc to the 9.2.0 version
#              in 'unsupported' and you can revert back to 5.5.0 after
#              compilation is completed. You also need to compile/upgrade to
#              the version of gperf as found in Slackware 15.0)
#             (for Slackware 13.37, you need to install mozilla-nss and
#              also upgrade to the seamonkey and seamonkey-solibs in /patches !)

Ok, I'm apparently really bad at reading lately, I guess I really need sleep
 
Old 04-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #9
Exaga
SARPi Maintainer
 
Registered: Nov 2012
Distribution: Slackware [ARM]
Posts: 639

Rep: Reputation: 375Reputation: 375Reputation: 375Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by enine View Post
Ok, I'm apparently really bad at reading lately, I guess I really need sleep
Simone Giustetti published a How-to Build Libre Office for Slackware Linux guide recently. Perhaps that might be of some help to you.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compiling libreoffice from source using AlienBob's SlackBuild aikempshall Slackware 12 09-23-2019 02:40 AM
Any info on installing Mate SlackBuild aside AlienBob's Plasma 5? sombragris Slackware 1 08-23-2016 06:56 PM
alienBOB's vlc.Slackbuild script fails on libavcodec.pc on Slackware64 14.0 multilib. indubitableness Slackware 19 08-20-2013 07:37 AM
[BUG?] alienbob openjdk.SlackBuild zerouno Slackware 7 08-02-2012 05:39 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - ARM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration