LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 55

Rep: Reputation: 6
Speakers Logitech Z333 not detected by pulseaudio.


I installed Slackware -current and multilib, but my speakers Logitech Z333 are not detected.

Pulseaudio detect my headphones and hdmi output.

Any solution?

Thanks.
 
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
abga
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2017
Location: EU
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 979

Rep: Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508
How many analog outputs does your sound card have?
What's the output of:
Code:
/usr/bin/pulseaudio -D
/usr/bin/pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index:'
You might need to manually set the analogue output as default, see the last posts from this thread:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...0/#post5877046

Last edited by abga; 09-04-2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old 09-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
rokytnji
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Mar 2008
Location: Waaaaay out West Texas
Distribution: AntiX 17
Posts: 5,744
Blog Entries: 20

Rep: Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801Reputation: 2801
I know this is a Slackware problem but I will mention just in case

Solaar
and how to check for supported devices.

I had to jump through hoops myself once for external speakers

Logitech looks like it won't support us.

Quote:


Thank you for your feedback's and suggestions, all of these have been noted and added to the feedback cases that I submitted to our developers.





Regards,

Logi_Frank
Show More
Show More

April 24, 2018 at 8:37 PM

amorisseau

Same request here.

I switched from a 10 years old MX Revolution to a MX Master 2s for my work.

I heavily use linux OS for my softwares development and would love to bind all the keys available on this mouse to improve my work

i'm currently using Ubuntu 16.04 but i will switch soon to 18.04.

I hope Logitech Options will soon be available on linux since the main reason of my purchase is the thumb button that is ingenious !

For now i'm using Solaar and xbindkeys to rebind the thumb wheel but that's all i can do.

(i would like to rebind the button behind the mouse wheel, i would like to do some combo with the thumb button, etc)
Show More
Show More

July 18, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Luzemario

+1 on this issue. Linux support would be greatly appreciated for all Logitech products. Linux does a good job, but manufacturer support is always better.



July 19, 2018 at 8:09 PM

caecilia97

Are there any more updates to this? I'd really like to be able to use Flow on my Ubuntu box with my Macbook and my Windows machine.

August 28, 2018 at 7:33 PM

Logi_Frank

Hi @caecilia97​ ,



As of the moment none there were no news or updates about this.





Regards,

Logi_Frank

August 29, 2018 at 8:11 PM


Last edited by rokytnji; 09-04-2018 at 06:06 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
Drakeo
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jan 2008
Location: Urbana IL
Distribution: Slackware, Slacko,
Posts: 3,673
Blog Entries: 3

Rep: Reputation: 478Reputation: 478Reputation: 478Reputation: 478Reputation: 478
https://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/pro...-speakers-z333
runs off a 3.5mm plugin on your sound card or built in sound card. plug it in the right hole.
then use built in

Last edited by Drakeo; 09-04-2018 at 06:14 PM.
 
Old 09-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #5
abga
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2017
Location: EU
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 979

Rep: Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508
I knew it had a 3.5mm jack, checked before I posted the hints. I'm not sure what the OP means by:
Quote:
Pulseaudio detect my headphones and hdmi output.
It might have multiple outputs, the headphones one (being amplified) auto-switched and the line out not.
 
Old 09-05-2018, 03:31 AM   #6
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 55

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abga View Post
How many analog outputs does your sound card have?
What's the output of:
Code:
/usr/bin/pulseaudio -D
/usr/bin/pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index:'
You might need to manually set the analogue output as default, see the last posts from this thread:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...0/#post5877046
/usr/bin/pulseaudio -D
/usr/bin/pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index:'

index: 0
name: <alsa_output.pci-0000_01_00.1.hdmi-stereo-extra1>
* index: 1
name: <alsa_output.usb-Mad_Catz_TRITTON_720__Gaming_Headset_00000000-00.analog-stereo>


Usb headphones and hdmi are detected, but not jack 3.5mm of logitech Z333
 
Old 09-05-2018, 05:52 AM   #7
abga
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2017
Location: EU
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 979

Rep: Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508
It doesn't look you have a sound card, or at least it's not enabled. That Mad_Catz_TRITTON_720 is actually an external USB sound card and it doesn't show to have an analogue output where you could connect your Logitech loudspeakers, but only an optical one (together with some analogue inputs), at least according to this short unboxing video (couldn't find an user guide / technical doc):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0ONZ5_7qw

Do you have an on-board sound card? Where exactly do you want to connect your Logitech loudspeakers?
To investigate if you have another sound card (on-board or usb, maybe disabled/no drivers loaded), you can run these commands:
Code:
#onboard sound card
/sbin/lspci
#usb external sound card
/usr/bin/lsusb
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd
cat /proc/asound/cards
 
Old 09-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #8
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 55

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abga View Post
It doesn't look you have a sound card, or at least it's not enabled. That Mad_Catz_TRITTON_720 is actually an external USB sound card and it doesn't show to have an analogue output where you could connect your Logitech loudspeakers, but only an optical one (together with some analogue inputs), at least according to this short unboxing video (couldn't find an user guide / technical doc):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0ONZ5_7qw

Do you have an on-board sound card? Where exactly do you want to connect your Logitech loudspeakers?
To investigate if you have another sound card (on-board or usb, maybe disabled/no drivers loaded), you can run these commands:
Code:
#onboard sound card
/sbin/lspci
#usb external sound card
/usr/bin/lsusb
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd
cat /proc/asound/cards

/sbin/lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family ME Interface #1
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #2
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev d0)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev d0)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev d0)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #1
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family Z97 LPC Controller
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] (rev a1)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
04:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 41)


/usr/bin/lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1532:005c Razer USA, Ltd
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 17f6:0822 Unicomp, Inc
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0738:7206 Mad Catz, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub


/sbin/lsmod | grep snd
snd_usb_audio 204800 2
snd_usbmidi_lib 32768 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_rawmidi 36864 1 snd_usbmidi_lib
snd_seq_device 16384 1 snd_rawmidi
snd_hda_codec_hdmi 57344 1
snd_hda_intel 40960 1
snd_hda_codec 147456 2 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_core 90112 3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_hwdep 16384 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm 110592 5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
snd_timer 36864 1 snd_pcm
snd 94208 16 snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_hda_code c,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi
soundcore 16384 1 snd


cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xf7080000 irq 17
1 [Headset ]: USB-Audio - TRITTON 720+ Gaming Headset
Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ Gaming Headset at usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.2, full speed
 
Old 09-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #9
abga
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2017
Location: EU
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 979

Rep: Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508
From those outputs I cannot find an onboard audio card, other than the Nvidia HDMI digital audio output. Is your motherboard fitted with an audio card/chip? Do you have jack connectors mounted on it? Is your onboard audio card (if available) disabled in the BIOS?
You didn't answer the questions - where have you tried to connect your Logitech loudspeakers ?

If there is no audio card on your motherboard, then you need to buy an external one (USB) in order to provide analogue output to your Logitech loudspeakers, that's because the Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ has no analogue outputs AFAIK - double-check that in the technical docs, if you have any.

Alternatively, you can send your actual analogue Logitech loudspeakers back from where you bough them and opt/exchange them for some (more expensive) loudspeakers that have a digital input and connect them to your Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ optical output, which looks to be toslink.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK
Or, opt for a cheap digital to analogue box like these (the output is on RCA, but with 1 EUR you can get an RCA-jack-3.5mm cable):
https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Digital...dp/B01AWBA8U8/
https://www.amazon.com/ELEGIANT-Digi...dp/B06XJLTWVW/
There could be some issues with this approach. The digital output of your your Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ needs to provide standard PCM output and it should be always on. The DAC used in these cheap Digital-Analog converters can be of very low quality and you'll be only able to tune the volume from the Logitech loudspeakers knob.

There are also HDMI digital-analog audio "extractors" that you could use for your Nvidia card. These are a bit more expensive and again you might get some low quality DAC used to manufacture them:
https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Extract...dp/B06XDNJ6RM/
https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Aer...dp/B074P36HVM/
 
Old 09-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #10
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 55

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by abga View Post
From those outputs I cannot find an onboard audio card, other than the Nvidia HDMI digital audio output. Is your motherboard fitted with an audio card/chip? Do you have jack connectors mounted on it? Is your onboard audio card (if available) disabled in the BIOS?
You didn't answer the questions - where have you tried to connect your Logitech loudspeakers ?

If there is no audio card on your motherboard, then you need to buy an external one (USB) in order to provide analogue output to your Logitech loudspeakers, that's because the Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ has no analogue outputs AFAIK - double-check that in the technical docs, if you have any.

Alternatively, you can send your actual analogue Logitech loudspeakers back from where you bough them and opt/exchange them for some (more expensive) loudspeakers that have a digital input and connect them to your Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ optical output, which looks to be toslink.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK
Or, opt for a cheap digital to analogue box like these (the output is on RCA, but with 1 EUR you can get an RCA-jack-3.5mm cable):
https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Digital...dp/B01AWBA8U8/
https://www.amazon.com/ELEGIANT-Digi...dp/B06XJLTWVW/
There could be some issues with this approach. The digital output of your your Mad Catz TRITTON 720+ needs to provide standard PCM output and it should be always on. The DAC used in these cheap Digital-Analog converters can be of very low quality and you'll be only able to tune the volume from the Logitech loudspeakers knob.

There are also HDMI digital-analog audio "extractors" that you could use for your Nvidia card. These are a bit more expensive and again you might get some low quality DAC used to manufacture them:
https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Extract...dp/B06XDNJ6RM/
https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Aer...dp/B074P36HVM/


It was Bios Audio Controller deactivated...

Pd: My motherboard requires disabling some functions to run linux, But the audio driver does not influence the start.

Pd1: Thanks you very much.
 
Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #11
abga
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2017
Location: EU
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 979

Rep: Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508Reputation: 508
Pd2: If you're happy now and your on-board sound card is working well under Slackware, please put the thread on resolved
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get my speakers to work with PulseAudio Ciphertext Linux - Software 7 04-28-2016 09:23 AM
[SOLVED] Logitech USB Speakers mshmordok Linux - Hardware 2 04-02-2012 01:01 AM
USB Speakers (Logitech v20) Ipozya Linux - Newbie 5 02-09-2011 09:22 PM
Logitech speakers and laptop Pekausis Linux - Laptop and Netbook 1 08-14-2009 09:44 PM
Logitech x-230 speakers on Ubuntu xabierurra Linux - Hardware 1 04-01-2007 05:16 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration