[SOLVED] Slackware - MySQL Workbench (5.2.43) - gtkmm and libcairomm-1.0.so fail
SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
@xaar I believe I have most of the dependencies you listed.
@brianL thanks for sbopkg. I'll be using it a lot more in the future.
I tried installing mysql-workbench-gpl with sbopkg (% sbopkg -i mysql-workbench-gpl.sqf -k) and it ended up the same way as with trying to install via SlackBuild. It can't find the latest version of gtkmm.
I used sbopkg with gtkmm.sqf and I got errors on glibmm, pangomm and atkmm. It would seem, I could go about this for a long time and get the same results.
I've no idea what's going wrong there. I haven't installed mysql-workbench-gpl, but I've got glibmm, pangomm, atkmm, and gtkmm, as dependencies for something else built and installed with no problem. Hit the Report button and ask for this thread to be moved to the Slackware forum, where someone with more knowhow than me might notice it.
I suspect you are using prebuilt packages and mixing 32bit (i486) and 64bit (x86_64) versions: check in /var/log/packages.
It's pretty much a semplification, but to list all the 32bit packages installed
cd /var/log/packages ; ls -1 *-i*86-* | less
to list the 64bit ones
cd /var/log/packages ; ls -1 *-x86_64-* | less
to check which version of Slackware you have installed