LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 04:51 PM   #4441
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601

please open a dedicated thread for discussing kodi and the addons on current or this one may get too busy just for that and specific suggestions might also get lost in the long thread...

Last edited by ponce; 10-21-2021 at 03:17 AM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:24 AM   #4442
drgibbon
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Distribution: Slackware64 -current
Posts: 1,134

Rep: Reputation: 844Reputation: 844Reputation: 844Reputation: 844Reputation: 844Reputation: 844Reputation: 844
Some Python problem with Virtualbox 6.1.26:
Code:
Checking for Python support: 
  ** Python not found!
Check /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/configure.log for details
Failure encountered while building virtualbox:
  virtualbox.SlackBuild return non-zero
from /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/configure.log
Code:
using the following command line:
g++ -O -Wall -o /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_out /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_src.cc -I/usr/local/include/python3.9m /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9m.so
/tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_src.cc:2:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
    2 | #include <Python.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
** Python not found!
 
Old 10-21-2021, 04:06 AM   #4443
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgibbon View Post
Some Python problem with Virtualbox 6.1.26:
Code:
Checking for Python support: 
  ** Python not found!
Check /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/configure.log for details
Failure encountered while building virtualbox:
  virtualbox.SlackBuild return non-zero
from /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/configure.log
Code:
using the following command line:
g++ -O -Wall -o /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_out /tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_src.cc -I/usr/local/include/python3.9m /usr/local/lib/libpython3.9m.so
/tmp/SBo/VirtualBox-6.1.26/.tmp_src.cc:2:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
    2 | #include <Python.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
** Python not found!
this happens because virtualbox, as per its own configure, doesn't officially support python-3.10, not even in its latter version 6.1.28: you can try cheating and see how it goes at runtime with a line line this in the SlackBuild
Code:
sed -i 's|python3.9m|python3.9m python3.10|' ./configure
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:17 AM   #4444
brobr
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2003
Location: uk
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 817

Rep: Reputation: 207Reputation: 207Reputation: 207
Thanks ponce, that did the trick; building virtualbox with python3.10 worked with 6.1.28 after commenting out the last, configure-, patch and including that sed-line.

Last edited by brobr; 10-21-2021 at 06:07 AM.
 
Old 10-21-2021, 05:18 PM   #4445
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
luckily I found (in the gentoo repositories) tons of patches that fixed building with the newer kernels and I fixed building with gcc >= 10.x too (the error you pasted)

https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbui...it/?id=57a8ef8

thanks for the report!
sorry but still don't compile

Code:
  CCLD     libastribank.la
  CCLD     libhexfile.la
  CCLD     libecholoader.la
  CCLD     astribank_is_starting
  CCLD     astribank_tool
  CCLD     astribank_hexload
  CCLD     astribank_allow
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:746: astribank_tool] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:734: astribank_allow] Error 1
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:738: astribank_hexload] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools/xpp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1060: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools/xpp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1135: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools'
make: *** [Makefile:678: all] Error 2
I compile it sucesfully only after adding this patch

https://sources.debian.org/data/main...o-common.patch

Last edited by camerabambai; 10-21-2021 at 05:24 PM.
 
Old 10-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #4446
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
Some problem with asterisk and sha1sums of packages

Code:
Found asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 in /var/cache/sbopkg.
Checking MD5SUM:
  MD5SUM check for asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 ... OK
Found asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 in /var/cache/sbopkg.
Checking MD5SUM:
  MD5SUM check for asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 ... FAILED!
    Expected: e4a9ee348028fc0e47148f783e7f945b
    Found:    3c071029c1ab648367666d1e384394bb
 
Old 10-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #4447
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
another problem with dahdi, the package build(using the patch previous posted), but no .ko modules installed

Code:
modprobe wcb4xxp
modprobe: FATAL: Module wcb4xxp not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.14
adding a "make install" after the linux "make all" line in the slackbuild to build the modules(and install) give this error

Code:
 INSTALL_MOD_DIR=dahdi modules_install
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-5.14.14'
arch/x86/Makefile:148: CONFIG_X86_X32 enabled but no binutils support
cp: cannot stat 'modules.builtin': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1502: __modinst_pre] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-5.14.14'
make: *** [Makefile:139: install-modules] Error 2

I have resolved using a personal SlackBuild and using the git version of this package

Last edited by camerabambai; 10-21-2021 at 08:50 PM.
 
Old 10-22-2021, 01:15 AM   #4448
willysr
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Jogja, Indonesia
Distribution: Slackware-Current
Posts: 4,398

Rep: Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565Reputation: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerabambai View Post
Some problem with asterisk and sha1sums of packages

Code:
Found asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 in /var/cache/sbopkg.
Checking MD5SUM:
  MD5SUM check for asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 ... OK
Found asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 in /var/cache/sbopkg.
Checking MD5SUM:
  MD5SUM check for asterisk-core-sounds-en-alaw-1.6.1.tar.gz.sha1 ... FAILED!
    Expected: e4a9ee348028fc0e47148f783e7f945b
    Found:    3c071029c1ab648367666d1e384394bb
This is probably caused by a bad download
i downloaded manually and got 3c071029c1ab648367666d1e384394bb as expected
 
Old 10-22-2021, 02:29 AM   #4449
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601
actually is outputting as "expected" the md5sum of next tarball in the DOWNLOAD variable in the dahdi-complete.info file, but this looks something probably related to sbopkg, not to this repo.

Last edited by ponce; 10-22-2021 at 02:49 AM.
 
Old 10-22-2021, 02:33 AM   #4450
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerabambai View Post
sorry but still don't compile

Code:
  CCLD     libastribank.la
  CCLD     libhexfile.la
  CCLD     libecholoader.la
  CCLD     astribank_is_starting
  CCLD     astribank_tool
  CCLD     astribank_hexload
  CCLD     astribank_allow
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:746: astribank_tool] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:734: astribank_allow] Error 1
/usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libastribank.a(libxtalk_la-xtalk_sync.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `members'; ./.libs/libastribank.a(libastribank_la-mpptalk.o):(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [Makefile:738: astribank_hexload] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools/xpp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1060: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools/xpp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1135: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/dahdi-linux-complete-3.0.0+3.0.0/tools'
make: *** [Makefile:678: all] Error 2
I compile it sucesfully only after adding this patch

https://sources.debian.org/data/main...o-common.patch
you probably forgot to add "-w -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition" to the CFLAGS but the patch is a better solution: thanks for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerabambai View Post
another problem with dahdi, the package build(using the patch previous posted), but no .ko modules installed

Code:
modprobe wcb4xxp
modprobe: FATAL: Module wcb4xxp not found in directory /lib/modules/5.14.14
adding a "make install" after the linux "make all" line in the slackbuild to build the modules(and install) give this error

Code:
 INSTALL_MOD_DIR=dahdi modules_install
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-5.14.14'
arch/x86/Makefile:148: CONFIG_X86_X32 enabled but no binutils support
cp: cannot stat 'modules.builtin': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1502: __modinst_pre] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-5.14.14'
make: *** [Makefile:139: install-modules] Error 2

I have resolved using a personal SlackBuild and using the git version of this package
sorry, where have you got the git version?
 
Old 10-22-2021, 02:06 PM   #4451
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
you probably forgot to add "-w -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition" to the CFLAGS but the patch is a better solution: thanks for that!

sorry, where have you got the git version?
I put the entire slackbuild modified
Code:
#!/bin/bash

cd $(dirname $0) ; CWD=$(pwd)

PRGNAM=dahdi-linux-complete
VERSION=`date +%m%Ygit`
BUILD=${BUILD:-1}
TAG=${TAG:-mg}
PKGTYPE=${PKGTYPE:-txz}
JOBS=4

if [ -z "$ARCH" ]; then
  case "$( uname -m )" in
    i?86) ARCH=i586 ;;
    arm*) ARCH=arm ;;
       *) ARCH=$( uname -m ) ;;
  esac
fi

KERNEL=${KERNEL:-$(uname -r)}
PKGKERNEL=$(echo $KERNEL | tr - _)

# If the variable PRINT_PACKAGE_NAME is set, then this script will report what
# the name of the created package would be, and then exit. This information
# could be useful to other scripts.
if [ ! -z "${PRINT_PACKAGE_NAME}" ]; then
  echo "$PRGNAM-${VERSION}_$PKGKERNEL-$ARCH-$BUILD$TAG.$PKGTYPE"
  exit 0
fi

TMP=${TMP:-/tmp/SBo}
PKG=$TMP/package-$PRGNAM
OUTPUT=${OUTPUT:-/tmp}

ARCHIVE_NAME=dahdi-linux-complete

if [ "$ARCH" = "i586" ]; then
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
elif [ "$ARCH" = "i686" ]; then
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=i686"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"
else
  SLKCFLAGS="-O2"
  LIBDIRSUFFIX=""
fi

set -e

rm -rf $PKG
mkdir -p $TMP $PKG $OUTPUT
cd $TMP
rm -rf $ARCHIVE_NAME-$VERSION

# Get sources from git for Linux
if [ ! -d $PRGNAM-$VERSION ]
then
mkdir -p $PRGNAM-$VERSION
fi

cd $PRGNAM-$VERSION

if [ ! -d linux ]
then
git clone -b next git://git.asterisk.org/dahdi/linux linux
else
cd linux
git pull
cd ..
fi

# Get sources from git for tools
if [ ! -d tools ]
then
git clone -b next git://git.asterisk.org/dahdi/tools tools
else
cd tools
git pull
cd ..
fi

chown -R root:root .
find -L . \
 \( -perm 777 -o -perm 775 -o -perm 750 -o -perm 711 -o -perm 555 \
  -o -perm 511 \) -exec chmod 755 {} \; -o \
 \( -perm 666 -o -perm 664 -o -perm 640 -o -perm 600 -o -perm 444 \
  -o -perm 440 -o -perm 400 \) -exec chmod 644 {} \;

sed -i -e 's/ -Werror//' tools/acinclude.m4 tools/xpp/Makefile.am
sed -i -e 's/-Werror //' tools/Makefile.am

# Fix Perl install location (otherwise it installs to /usr/local/share/perl5)
sed -i -e 's/sitelib/vendorlib/' linux/build_tools/live_dahdi tools/xpp/Makefile.am

# Patch!
patch -p1 < $CWD/dahdi-tools-3.1.0-fno-common.patch

cd linux
make -j $JOBS all
make install DESTDIR=$PKG

cd ../tools
./bootstrap.sh
autoreconf -fi
CPPFLAGS="-I$(pwd)/../linux/include" \
CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
  --sysconfdir=/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --mandir=/usr/man \
  --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
  --with-dahdi=../linux \
  --build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

make -j $JOBS all
make install DESTDIR=$PKG

mkdir -p $PKG/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
mv $PKG/usr/local/share/perl5/* $PKG/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/
rm -fR $PKG/usr/local

# move config files to .new
cd $PKG/etc
for file in $(find . -type f); do
	mv $file "$file.new"
done

install -D -m 0644 $TMP/$ARCHIVE_NAME-$VERSION/tools/dahdi.init $PKG/etc/rc.d/rc.dahdi.new

find $PKG -print0 | xargs -0 file | grep -e "executable" -e "shared object" | grep ELF \
  | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs strip --strip-unneeded 2> /dev/null || true

find $PKG/usr/man -type f -exec gzip -9 {} \;
for i in $( find $PKG/usr/man -type l ) ; do ln -s $( readlink $i ).gz $i.gz ; rm $i ; done

# Clean up zero-length firmware files
find $PKG/lib/firmware -size 0 -delete || true
# Remove unused directory
rm -rf $PKG/usr/lib

mkdir -p $PKG/install
cat $CWD/slack-desc > $PKG/install/slack-desc
cat $CWD/doinst.sh > $PKG/install/doinst.sh

cd $PKG
/sbin/makepkg -l y -c n $OUTPUT/$PRGNAM-${VERSION}_$PKGKERNEL-$ARCH-$BUILD$TAG.$PKGTYPE
 
Old 10-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #4452
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerabambai View Post
git clone -b next git://git.asterisk.org/dahdi/linux linux
[...]
git clone -b next git://git.asterisk.org/dahdi/tools tools
so you are using the "next" branches for both the kernel modules and tools: do they behave correctly when using with hardware supporting it?
I'm asking because I have no such hardware...
 
Old 10-22-2021, 07:19 PM   #4453
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
libpri don't build

Code:
 -O2 -fPIC -Wall -Werror -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -fPIC  -O2  -MD -MT pri_facility.o -MF .pri_facility.o.d -MP -c -o pri_facility.o pri_facility.c
q921.c: In function ‘q921_receive’:
q921.c:1501:20: error: array subscript 0 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1501 |         if (h->data[0] != 0x0f) {
      |             ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1510:20: error: array subscript 3 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1510 |         if (h->data[3] != Q921_TEI_IDENTITY_CHECK_RESPONSE
      |             ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1511:29: error: array subscript 4 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1511 |                 && !(h->data[4] & 0x01)) {
      |                      ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1528:22: error: array subscript 1 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1528 |         ri = (h->data[1] << 8) | h->data[2];
      |               ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1528:41: error: array subscript 2 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1528 |         ri = (h->data[1] << 8) | h->data[2];
      |                                  ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1529:23: error: array subscript 4 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1529 |         tei = (h->data[4] >> 1);
      |                ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1531:24: error: array subscript 3 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1531 |         switch (h->data[3]) {
      |                 ~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
q921.c:1606:26: error: array subscript 4 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘u_int8_t[0]’ {aka ‘unsigned char[]’} [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 1606 |                 action = &h->data[4];
      |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:35,
                 from q921.c:38:
pri_q921.h:136:18: note: while referencing ‘data’
  136 |         u_int8_t data[0];               /* Any further data */
      |                  ^~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:190: q921.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
q931.c: In function ‘q931_receive’:
q931.c:7688:46: error: array subscript 17 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘unsigned char[0]’ [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 7688 |                         h->raw[h->crlen + 2] -= 0x8;
      |                                              ^~
In file included from pri_internal.h:36,
                 from q931.c:32:
pri_q931.h:40:23: note: while referencing ‘raw’
   40 |         unsigned char raw[0];
      |                       ^~~
q931.c:7688:46: error: array subscript 17 is outside the bounds of an interior zero-length array ‘unsigned char[0]’ [-Werror=zero-length-bounds]
 7688 |                         h->raw[h->crlen + 2] -= 0x8;
      |                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~
In file included from pri_internal.h:36,
                 from q931.c:32:
pri_q931.h:40:23: note: while referencing ‘raw’
   40 |         unsigned char raw[0];
      |                       ^~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:190: q931.o] Error 1
 
Old 10-22-2021, 07:20 PM   #4454
camerabambai
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 258

Rep: Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
so you are using the "next" branches for both the kernel modules and tools: do they behave correctly when using with hardware supporting it?
I'm asking because I have no such hardware...
actually i have some problems with b410p(works but give 4 red alarms), but probably is misconfigured.
I try also on Debian with stable drivers and doesn't work at all
 
Old 10-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #4455
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 6,426

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601Reputation: 3601
I'm asking because cloning the git repositories doesn't seem to get the firmware files, that are present instead in the released 3.1.0 tarball, so I'm not sure it can work for hardware needing its firmware files.

EDIT: looking better it seems to download the firmware files at build time and that's actually a no-no...

Last edited by ponce; 10-23-2021 at 06:00 AM.
 
  


Reply

Tags
current, sbo, sbopkg, slackrepo


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Error building gst1-plugins-good 1.4.1 from SBO l0rddarkf0rce Slackware 4 10-06-2014 06:58 PM
[SOLVED] Failure building nvidia-kernel Slackbuild from SBo sysfce2 Slackware 7 07-02-2011 02:10 AM
problems building fontforge from SBo gtludwig Slackware 7 05-12-2010 02:52 PM
Pls help me take my 1st step! verysoon Fedora - Installation 2 12-12-2005 08:49 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration