LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 11:18 AM   #2836
edps
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2019
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: 0
perl-pango (removing make test option)


With recent perl-5.32.0 upgrade on -Current, some SBo scripts that i maintain braeks! obmenu-generator needs to be updated for 0.88 version and obbrowser to 0.13 also... i have to change perl-pango script removing the make test option:

Code:
Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/PangoContext.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFont.t      (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFontMap.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFontset.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoLayout.t    (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoRenderer.t  (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=14, Tests=303,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.03 usr  0.01 sys +  0.63 cusr  0.09 csys =  0.76 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 6/14 test programs. 0/303 subtests failed.
make: *** [Makefile:1383: test_dynamic] Error 255
Cleaning up...

perl-pango:
Would you like to continue processing the rest of the
queue or would you like to abort?  If this failed
package is a dependency of another package in the queue
then it may not make sense to continue.

(Y)es to continue, (N)o to abort, (R)etry the build?:
Cheers,

Ed.
 
Old 06-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #2837
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by edps View Post
With recent perl-5.32.0 upgrade on -Current, some SBo scripts that i maintain braeks! obmenu-generator needs to be updated for 0.88 version and obbrowser to 0.13 also... i have to change perl-pango script removing the make test option:

Code:
Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/PangoContext.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFont.t      (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFontMap.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoFontset.t   (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoLayout.t    (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
t/PangoRenderer.t  (Wstat: 256 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 1
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
Files=14, Tests=303,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.03 usr  0.01 sys +  0.63 cusr  0.09 csys =  0.76 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 6/14 test programs. 0/303 subtests failed.
make: *** [Makefile:1383: test_dynamic] Error 255
Cleaning up...

perl-pango:
Would you like to continue processing the rest of the
queue or would you like to abort?  If this failed
package is a dependency of another package in the queue
then it may not make sense to continue.

(Y)es to continue, (N)o to abort, (R)etry the build?:
Cheers,

Ed.
I've just tried to build all the scripts you list and everything built fine: try again starting from a clean and full installation of current.
 
Old 06-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #2838
aikempshall
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Bristol, Britain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 699

Rep: Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
thanks for this: the patch doesn't seem to apply as is but I rewrote it so that it applies cleanly to gst-plugins-bad-1.16.2 and pushed!
How do I get hold of this patch?
 
Old 06-27-2020, 02:55 AM   #2839
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikempshall View Post
How do I get hold of this patch?
http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/tre...st-plugins-bad
 
Old 06-28-2020, 04:06 AM   #2840
aikempshall
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Bristol, Britain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 699

Rep: Reputation: 83
Thanks. The patch and SlackBuild worked for me.

Will have to go back to study the documentation in relation to git.

I routinely do

Code:
 git clone https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds.git ponce.org
but that didn't pick up the patch. Presumably because it hasn't been pushed here yet.

Thanks. Again,
 
Old 06-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #2841
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikempshall View Post
Thanks. The patch and SlackBuild worked for me.

Will have to go back to study the documentation in relation to git.

I routinely do

Code:
 git clone https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds.git ponce.org
but that didn't pick up the patch. Presumably because it hasn't been pushed here yet.

Thanks. Again,
all the patches get merged once a week, after the update to SBo for 14.2 has been pushed: in the meantime they "sit" in their own branches.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #2842
ennepath
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2020
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Trying to install aria2
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/c++/9.3.0/memory:80,
                 from AbstractCommand.h:42,
                 from AbstractCommand.cc:35:
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/tuple: In instantiation of ‘class std::tuple<aria2::URISelector*, std::default_delete<aria2::URISelector> >’:
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:167:27:   required from ‘class std::__uniq_ptr_impl<aria2::URISelector, std::default_delete<aria2::URISelector> >’
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:178:33:   required from ‘class std::unique_ptr<aria2::URISelector>’
RequestGroup.h:114:32:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/tuple:1055:28: internal compiler error: in tree_code_size, at tree.c:903
 1055 |         explicit constexpr tuple(pair<_U1, _U2>&& __in)
      |                            ^~~~~
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [Makefile:2638: AbstractCommand.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0/src'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2679: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:556: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0'
make: *** [Makefile:467: all] Error 2
c-ares is installed. Not sure is it my problem or something wrong with compilation.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #2843
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepath View Post
Trying to install aria2
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/c++/9.3.0/memory:80,
                 from AbstractCommand.h:42,
                 from AbstractCommand.cc:35:
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/tuple: In instantiation of ‘class std::tuple<aria2::URISelector*, std::default_delete<aria2::URISelector> >’:
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:167:27:   required from ‘class std::__uniq_ptr_impl<aria2::URISelector, std::default_delete<aria2::URISelector> >’
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/bits/unique_ptr.h:178:33:   required from ‘class std::unique_ptr<aria2::URISelector>’
RequestGroup.h:114:32:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/9.3.0/tuple:1055:28: internal compiler error: in tree_code_size, at tree.c:903
 1055 |         explicit constexpr tuple(pair<_U1, _U2>&& __in)
      |                            ^~~~~
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [Makefile:2638: AbstractCommand.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0/src'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2679: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:556: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/aria2-1.35.0'
make: *** [Makefile:467: all] Error 2
c-ares is installed. Not sure is it my problem or something wrong with compilation.
"internal compiler error" is not good...
BTW here it seems to build fine on a clean and full installation of slackware64-current.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 01:58 PM   #2844
ennepath
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2020
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
It's a today installed current from alienbob's iso. Not full. I've got everything except kernel sources, TeX and DE packages.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #2845
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepath View Post
It's a today installed current from alienbob's iso. Not full. I've got everything except kernel sources, TeX and DE packages.
so maybe you should open another topic: please read the first post of this topic carefully.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #2846
ennepath
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2020
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I've just tried to build aria2 on full 14.2 upgraded to current. Same result. I'm no expert, but I don't think TeX or kernel sources absence can cause such problem. Still the upgraded 14.2 has everything installed AFAIR.

Last edited by ennepath; 06-28-2020 at 02:49 PM.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #2847
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I think you are still missing the point of this topic: its purpose is to fix whatever possible (do not expect *everything*) from SBo that doesn't build on a full and clean installation (as that is the general supported platform) of current so that everybody can benefit from the fixes.
this is not a topic for general help for whoever build anything on current with his own custom installations: if there isn't anything to fix for everybody (as I say I tested it myself and works fine) this is not the proper place to report the issue.
I hope that I have been clear, please open another topic for this specific issue that you are encountering.

Last edited by ponce; 06-28-2020 at 04:07 PM.
 
Old 06-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #2848
ennepath
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jun 2020
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I got it. Just want you to know, that is seems like not an issue specific for only -current custom installation. Thanks.

UPD. Found out that make flags was the problem. The error only appears if I build with
Code:
MAKEFLAGS='-j12' sbopkg -i aria2
Without make flags it took longer and finished without a problem.

Last edited by ennepath; 06-29-2020 at 02:07 AM.
 
Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 PM   #2849
zsd
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 84

Rep: Reputation: 41
rubygem-glib2 not building

Hi, I didn't find this by searching on LQ, I hope it hasn't been reported 100 times already.

Trying to build rubygem-glib2 on slackware64 current, I get hundreds or thousands of lines of warnings, and then
rbgobj_type.c: In function ‘init_typemap’:
rbgobj_type.c:403:42: error: ‘rb_cFixnum’ undeclared (first use in this function)
403 | _register_fundamental_klass_to_gtype(rb_cFixnum, G_TYPE_LONG);
| ^~~~~~~~~~
rbgobj_type.c:388:27: note: in definition of macro ‘_register_fundamental_klass_to_gtype’
388 | rbgobj_register_class(klass, gtype, TRUE, FALSE)
| ^~~~~
rbgobj_type.c:403:42: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
403 | _register_fundamental_klass_to_gtype(rb_cFixnum, G_TYPE_LONG);
| ^~~~~~~~~~
rbgobj_type.c:388:27: note: in definition of macro ‘_register_fundamental_klass_to_gtype’
388 | rbgobj_register_class(klass, gtype, TRUE, FALSE)
| ^~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:245: rbgobj_type.o] Error 1

make failed, exit code 2

Gem files will remain installed in /tmp/SBo/package-rubygem-glib2/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/glib2-2.2.5 for inspection.
Results logged to /tmp/SBo/package-rubygem-glib2/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/2.7.0/extensions/x86_64-linux/2.7.0/glib2-2.2.5/gem_make.out


Has anyone had success building this?

Thanks.
 
Old 07-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #2850
ponce
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 5,481

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
unfortunately I don't think that rubygem-glib2 can be updated without updating also its dependencies and the things that depends on it...
maybe it's better if the maintainer will take a look at it and proposes a serie of updates: please try to get in touch with him.

Last edited by ponce; 07-01-2020 at 10:07 AM.
 
  


Reply

Tags
current, sbo, sbopkg, slackrepo


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Error building gst1-plugins-good 1.4.1 from SBO l0rddarkf0rce Slackware 4 10-06-2014 05:58 PM
[SOLVED] Failure building nvidia-kernel Slackbuild from SBo sysfce2 Slackware 7 07-02-2011 01:10 AM
problems building fontforge from SBo gtludwig Slackware 7 05-12-2010 01:52 PM
Pls help me take my 1st step! verysoon Fedora - Installation 2 12-12-2005 07:49 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration