LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #1966
chris.willing
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Distribution: Slackware,LFS
Posts: 585

Rep: Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362

Trying to build qt5 in -current x86_64 VM (fully updated this morning) fails during configuration with:

ERROR: Feature 'openssl-linked' was enabled, but the pre-condition '!features.securetransport && libs.openssl' failed.
ERROR: Feature 'openssl' was enabled, but the pre-condition '!features.securetransport && (features.openssl-linked || libs.openssl_headers)' failed.

Any ideas?
 
Old 08-24-2019, 01:16 AM   #1967
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
seems like a problem with the detection of openssl but I'm not sure what's happening there: is there anyhting in the config.log? mine has this bit
Code:
looking for library openssl
Trying source 0 (type openssl) of library openssl ...
$OPENSSL_LIBS is not set.
  => source produced no result.
Trying source 1 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && !features.shared'.
Trying source 2 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && features.shared'.
Trying source 3 (type inline) of library openssl ...
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" 'LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto' /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl -I. -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp
> g++ -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-O1 -o openssl openssl.o   -lssl -lcrypto
 => source accepted.
test config.network.libraries.openssl succeeded
executing config test openssl11
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/unix/openssl11 && /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/unix/openssl11 && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11 -I. -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11/openssl.cpp
> g++ -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-O1 -o openssl openssl.o
test config.network.tests.openssl11 succeeded
FYI, I just tried to build it here and everything went fine.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 02:09 AM   #1968
orbea
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Distribution: Slackware64-current
Posts: 1,744

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Seems the issue with boost and cmake is finally fixed in current now and -DBoost_NO_BOOST_CMAKE=ON can be removed from the many build scripts it has been added to.
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #1969
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbea View Post
Seems the issue with boost and cmake is finally fixed in current now and -DBoost_NO_BOOST_CMAKE=ON can be removed from the many build scripts it has been added to.
seems like this is true only for some of the build scripts: innoextract, for example, still needs it.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:43 AM   #1970
chris.willing
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Distribution: Slackware,LFS
Posts: 585

Rep: Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
seems like a problem with the detection of openssl but I'm not sure what's happening there: is there anyhting in the config.log? mine has this bit
Code:
looking for library openssl
Trying source 0 (type openssl) of library openssl ...
$OPENSSL_LIBS is not set.
  => source produced no result.
Trying source 1 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && !features.shared'.
Trying source 2 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && features.shared'.
Trying source 3 (type inline) of library openssl ...
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" 'LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto' /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl -I. -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp
> g++ -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-O1 -o openssl openssl.o   -lssl -lcrypto
 => source accepted.
test config.network.libraries.openssl succeeded
executing config test openssl11
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/unix/openssl11 && /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release app_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11
+ cd /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/unix/openssl11 && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11 -I. -I/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/unix/openssl11/openssl.cpp
> g++ -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-O1 -o openssl openssl.o
test config.network.tests.openssl11 succeeded
FYI, I just tried to build it here and everything went fine.
Thanks for looking at it. My config.log has
Code:
Trying source 0 (type openssl) of library openssl ...
$OPENSSL_LIBS is not set.
  => source produced no result.
Trying source 1 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && !features.shared'.
Trying source 2 (type inline) of library openssl ...
  => source failed condition 'config.win32 && features.shared'.
Trying source 3 (type inline) of library openssl ...
+ cd /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release ap
p_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" 'LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto' /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl
+ cd /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl -I. -I/var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mk
specs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp
> /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp:43:4: error: #error "OpenSSL >= 1.0.0, and < 1.1.0 is required"
>    43 | #  error "OpenSSL >= 1.0.0, and < 1.1.0 is required"
>       |    ^~~~~
> gmake: *** [Makefile:170: openssl.o] Error 1
 => source failed verification.
test config.network.libraries.openssl FAILED
looking for library openssl_headers
Trying source 0 (type inline) of library openssl_headers ...
+ cd /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/bin/qmake "CONFIG -= qt debug_and_release ap
p_bundle lib_bundle" "CONFIG += shared warn_off console single_arch" /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl
+ cd /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/config.tests/openssl && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake clean && MAKEFLAGS= /usr/bin/gmake
> rm -f openssl.o
> rm -f *~ core *.core
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w -fPIC  -I/var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl -I. -I/var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o openssl.o /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp
> /var/tmp/SBo/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.8/qtbase/config.tests/openssl/openssl.cpp:43:4: error: #error "OpenSSL >= 1.0.0, and < 1.1.0 is required"
>    43 | #  error "OpenSSL >= 1.0.0, and < 1.1.0 is required"
>       |    ^~~~~
> gmake: *** [Makefile:170: openssl.o] Error 1
 => source failed verification.
test config.network.libraries.openssl_headers FAILED
My installed openssl packages are:
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51519 Jun  5 13:05 /var/log/packages/openssl-1.1.1c-x86_64-1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1736 Jun  5 13:05 /var/log/packages/openssl-solibs-1.1.1c-x86_64-1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  5054 Jun 15  2018 /var/log/packages/openssl10-1.0.2o-x86_64-1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1392 Jun 15  2018 /var/log/packages/openssl10-solibs-1.0.2o-x86_64-1
so the openssl10 package should be what configure is looking for but not finding for some reason. Very strange ...

chris
 
Old 08-24-2019, 04:48 AM   #1971
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
could it be you are not using the SlackBuild version that is in the repository?
because Ole-André Rodlie contributed to it a patch to have openssl-1.1.x support in qt-5.9.8

http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/commit/?h=qt5
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #1972
chris.willing
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Distribution: Slackware,LFS
Posts: 585

Rep: Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
could it be you are not using the SlackBuild version that is in the repository?
because Ole-André Rodlie contributed to it a patch to have openssl-1.1.x support in qt-5.9.8

http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/commit/?h=qt5
Yes, that was the problem. I had a remote to your repo OK but had master checked out instead of current. I just fixed that and tried again and it has now proceeded well past configuration and is compiling away.

Thanks for figuring it out.

chris
 
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #1973
orbea
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2015
Distribution: Slackware64-current
Posts: 1,744

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
seems like this is true only for some of the build scripts: innoextract, for example, still needs it.
Good to know, it was not needed for all of them in the case of my own scripts (i.e lightspark).
 
Old 08-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #1974
Spike8605
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Posts: 20

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Exclamation m64py

Hi to all, cant build m64py (alongside other python-dependent slackbuilds) on my x86-64 -current, it fails with this output:
Code:
m64py-0.2.2/src/m64py/core/defs.py
m64py-0.2.2/src/m64py/core/vidext.py
running install
running build
running build_qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 322, in <module>
    ("share/applications", ["xdg/m64py.desktop"]),
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 151, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/command/install.py", line 563, in run
    self.run_command('build')
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/cmd.py", line 326, in run_command
    self.distribution.run_command(command)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "setup.py", line 287, in run
    self.run_command("build_qt")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/cmd.py", line 326, in run_command
    self.distribution.run_command(command)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "setup.py", line 62, in run
    self.compile_ui(join(dirpath, filename))
  File "setup.py", line 38, in compile_ui
    uic.compileUi(ui_file, fp, from_imports = True)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/__init__.py", line 173, in compileUi
    winfo = compiler.UICompiler().compileUi(uifile, pyfile, from_imports, resource_suffix)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/Compiler/compiler.py", line 55, in __init__
    CompilerCreatorPolicy())
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/uiparser.py", line 183, in __init__
    self.factory = QObjectCreator(creatorPolicy)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/objcreator.py", line 97, in __init__
    self._cwFilters.append(plugin_locals["getFilter"]())
  File "<string>", line 22, in getFilter
ValueError: PyCapsule_GetPointer called with incorrect name
If it helps:
Code:
# ls /var/log/packages/python*
/var/log/packages/python-2.7.16-x86_64-2             /var/log/packages/python-pip-19.2.3-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/python-appdirs-1.4.3-x86_64-3      /var/log/packages/python-ply-3.11-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/python-certifi-2019.6.16-x86_64-1  /var/log/packages/python-requests-2.22.0-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/python-chardet-3.0.4-x86_64-3      /var/log/packages/python-sane-2.8.3-x86_64-3
/var/log/packages/python-docutils-0.15.2-x86_64-1    /var/log/packages/python-setuptools-41.2.0-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/python-evdev-1.1.2-x86_64-1_SBo    /var/log/packages/python-six-1.12.0-x86_64-3
/var/log/packages/python-idna-2.8-x86_64-2           /var/log/packages/python-six-compat32-1.12.0-x86_64-3compat32
/var/log/packages/python-notify2-0.3.1-x86_64-3      /var/log/packages/python-urllib3-1.25.3-x86_64-1
/var/log/packages/python-packaging-19.1-x86_64-1     /var/log/packages/python-webencodings-0.5.1-x86_64-2_SBo
/var/log/packages/python-pillow-6.1.0-x86_64-1       /var/log/packages/python3-3.7.4-x86_64-1
Tell me if you need other infos.

BTW using ponce-git
 
Old 08-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #1975
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
you have to version-bump it to 0.2.4: note that the new version depends also on PyQt5 (and deps) and PySDL2 (and deps).

thanks for reporting it!

Last edited by ponce; 08-28-2019 at 02:31 PM.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #1976
spike86
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 56

Rep: Reputation: 12
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
you have to version-bump it to 0.2.4: note that the new version depends also on PyQt5 (and deps) and PySDL2 (and deps).

thanks for reporting it!
Thanks to you and the others for all the effort!

buuuut....

PyQt5 doesn't build either....

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtSvg'
cd QtTest/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -o Makefile /tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/QtTest.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python2.7 -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python2.7 -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTest.o sipQtTestQTest.cpp
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QTest_waitForEvents(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp:278:23: error: ‘waitForEvents’ is not a member of ‘QTest’
  278 | 
      |                       ^            
make[1]: *** [Makefile:749: sipQtTestQTest.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
make: *** [Makefile:602: sub-QtTest-make_first-ordered] Error 2
Failures:
  PyQt5: PyQt5.SlackBuild return non-zero
Then I tried with python-3-PyQt5, but it also fails with:
Code:
g++ -Wl,--version-script=QtSvg.exp -Wl,-O1 -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64 -shared -o libQtSvg.so sipQtSvgQGraphicsSvgItem.o sipQtSvgQSvgGenerator.o sipQtSvgQSvgRenderer.o sipQtSvgQSvgWidget.o sipQtSvgcmodule.o  /usr/lib64/libQt5Svg.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Widgets.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Gui.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so /usr/lib64/libGL.so -lpthread    
cp -f libQtSvg.so QtSvg.so
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtSvg'
cd QtTest/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -o Makefile /tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/QtTest.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTest.o sipQtTestQTest.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTestQTouchEventSequence.o sipQtTestQTestQTouchEventSequence.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestcmodule.o sipQtTestcmodule.cpp
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QTest_waitForEvents(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp:278:23: error: ‘waitForEvents’ is not a member of ‘QTest’
  278 | 
      |                       ^            
make[1]: *** [Makefile:749: sipQtTestQTest.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
make: *** [Makefile:602: sub-QtTest-make_first-ordered] Error 2
Failures:
  python3-PyQt5: python3-PyQt5.SlackBuild return non-zero
As a side note, python3-sip which is required by it (and, by my very limited "make" expirience seems to cause the fail) doesn't exist in the ponce-git sbo repo

Last edited by spike86; 08-28-2019 at 03:36 PM.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:51 PM   #1977
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike86 View Post
Thanks to you and the others for all the effort!

buuuut....

PyQt5 doesn't build either....

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtSvg'
cd QtTest/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -o Makefile /tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/QtTest.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python2.7 -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python2.7 -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTest.o sipQtTestQTest.cpp
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QTest_waitForEvents(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp:278:23: error: ‘waitForEvents’ is not a member of ‘QTest’
  278 | 
      |                       ^            
make[1]: *** [Makefile:749: sipQtTestQTest.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
make: *** [Makefile:602: sub-QtTest-make_first-ordered] Error 2
Failures:
  PyQt5: PyQt5.SlackBuild return non-zero
Then I tried with python-3-PyQt5, but it also fails with:
Code:
g++ -Wl,--version-script=QtSvg.exp -Wl,-O1 -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64 -shared -o libQtSvg.so sipQtSvgQGraphicsSvgItem.o sipQtSvgQSvgGenerator.o sipQtSvgQSvgRenderer.o sipQtSvgQSvgWidget.o sipQtSvgcmodule.o  /usr/lib64/libQt5Svg.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Widgets.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Gui.so /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so /usr/lib64/libGL.so -lpthread    
cp -f libQtSvg.so QtSvg.so
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtSvg'
cd QtTest/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -o Makefile /tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/QtTest.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.o sipQtTestQSignalSpy.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTest.o sipQtTestQTest.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestQTestQTouchEventSequence.o sipQtTestQTestQTouchEventSequence.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -O2 -fPIC -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC -Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest"' -I. -I. -isystem /usr/include/python3.7m -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtTest -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o sipQtTestcmodule.o sipQtTestcmodule.cpp
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* meth_QTest_waitForEvents(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp:278:23: error: ‘waitForEvents’ is not a member of ‘QTest’
  278 | 
      |                       ^            
make[1]: *** [Makefile:749: sipQtTestQTest.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/SBo/PyQt5_gpl-5.9.2/QtTest'
make: *** [Makefile:602: sub-QtTest-make_first-ordered] Error 2
Failures:
  python3-PyQt5: python3-PyQt5.SlackBuild return non-zero
As a side note, python3-sip which is required by it (and, by my very limited "make" expirience seems to cause the fail) doesn't exist in the ponce-git sbo repo
these errors, differently by the first thing you reported, are probably caused by your "frankestein" installation that you described also in the other topic you opened, as everything builds fine here.

I suggest you keep your discussion there as this topic is not the proper place to debug this: please read the first post of this topic, in particular this part
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
report issues here only if you have already tried the scripts from our repository and they won't build on a clean and full installation of Slackware current.
...that is clearly not the installation you got.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #1978
spike86
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 56

Rep: Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
these errors, differently by the first thing you reported, are probably caused by your "frankestein" installation that you described also in the other topic you opened, as everything builds fine here.

I suggest you keep your discussion there as this topic is not the proper place to debug this: please read the first post of this topic, in particular this part

...that is clearly not the installation you got.
? what do you mean by frankinstain-build?

it is just
slackware64-current +
kernel 5.2.10 + (after the original mistake of building it before multilib, I've rebuild it, fixing all kernel-build related problems)
multilib +
sbotools (removed sbopkg and rebuilt/reinstalled ALL Sbo packages)

I highly doubt that's far away to what most people have in this day and age, no?

Do you mean that on this thread only PURE slackware64 (without multilib) is considered?

Last edited by spike86; 08-28-2019 at 04:20 PM.
 
Old 08-29-2019, 01:52 AM   #1979
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,934

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
please, I invite you again to read the first post of the topic: this topic is dedicated to packages that doesn't build on current for everyone that use it in its standard installation, issues present on custom installations (including kernels and multilib) shouldn't be reported in this topic at all if they are not verified first on a clean and full installation of the latest Slackware current.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the first post
SBo supports building its own scripts on clean slackware full installation: we would go crazy trying to support any setup out there that we have not tested ourself for everyone of our 5000+ scripts.
this policy applies also on this humble, unofficial, attempt to let SBo things build on current.
following this it should be obvious that issues related to custom installs shouldn't belong in this thread: please open another one to discuss such things, also if you are not sure if the error you got is related but you are aware that your setup is a non-standard one.
describe your problem here only if you are absolutely sure that it has nothing to do with your custom setup.
FYI (but unrelated to this thread: please discuss this elsewhere, I won't reply about it again here, sorry), vhba-module and clamav build fine here on a slackware64-current multilib with kernel 5.2.x, so I suppose there's also something else different in your setup.

but yes, multilib isn't officially supported by SBo (see FAQ #18).

the suggestion I can give is to create a virtual machine/container/chroot (you can use any method you prefer, I use qemu here) with a pristine Slackware current installation, build your packages there (you can also do one for 64bit and another for 32bit, if you need to build 32bit packages too), and see if the errors you got are replicated there: if they are not just use the packages you build on your virtual machines also on your physical ones.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #1980
spike86
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 56

Rep: Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
please, I invite you again to read the first post of the topic: this topic is dedicated to packages that doesn't build on current for everyone that use it in its standard installation, issues present on custom installations (including kernels and multilib) shouldn't be reported in this topic at all if they are not verified first on a clean and full installation of the latest Slackware current.

FYI (but unrelated to this thread: please discuss this elsewhere, I won't reply about it again here, sorry), vhba-module and clamav build fine here on a slackware64-current multilib with kernel 5.2.x, so I suppose there's also something else different in your setup.
So, only stock slackware, with no modification at all, on this thread, I missed that, sorry.

FWIW the module-compiling problems have been solved, as I said, by recompiling the kernel with multilib-gcc, it was failing before because I compiled it in pure64 then installed multilib after, that was the problem, but it has been solved, vhba and steamos-xpad compiled fine afterwards

My only real problems are ncurses and python, both of which ships with the default slackware installation...

Quote:
but yes, multilib isn't officially supported by SBo (see FAQ #18).

the suggestion I can give is to create a virtual machine/container/chroot (you can use any method you prefer, I use qemu here) with a pristine Slackware current installation, build your packages there (you can also do one for 64bit and another for 32bit, if you need to build 32bit packages too), and see if the errors you got are replicated there: if they are not just use the packages you build on your virtual machines also on your physical ones.
I'll try and report the results, then as a double check, uninstall the package, install multilib and retry compiling it in the virtual enviroment.

In case it's a multilib related problem, however, to whom shall I report?

PS thanks again for all the effort you and the others here put on slackware
 
  


Reply

Tags
current, sbo, sbopkg, slackrepo


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Error building gst1-plugins-good 1.4.1 from SBO l0rddarkf0rce Slackware 4 10-06-2014 05:58 PM
[SOLVED] Failure building nvidia-kernel Slackbuild from SBo sysfce2 Slackware 7 07-02-2011 01:10 AM
problems building fontforge from SBo gtludwig Slackware 7 05-12-2010 01:52 PM
Pls help me take my 1st step! verysoon Fedora - Installation 2 12-12-2005 07:49 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration