LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #1216
volkerdi
Slackware Maintainer
 
Registered: Dec 2002
Location: Minnesota
Distribution: Slackware! :-)
Posts: 1,677

Rep: Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170Reputation: 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by USUARIONUEVO View Post
Hi , some weeks ffmpeg-4.0 is out.

Now finally archlinux put as the default version , this is cause all the nedded patches are out now.

Can upgrade now to ffmpeg-4.0 ?
Are there advantages to it?

Will k3b-2.0.3, kfilemetadata-4, and nepomuk-core-4 compile against it? If not, we're unlikely to see it while we've still got KDE4.

I'd also prefer to see the upstream software support it without distro-level patches required.
 
3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:09 AM   #1217
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
lsscsi-0.29:

(configure option --mandir=/usr/man, work here, in the SlackBuild)
http://sg.danny.cz/scsi/lsscsi-0.29.tgz
 
Old 05-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #1218
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
libgphoto2-2.5.18:

http://www.gphoto.com/news/
https://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/pr...2.5.18.tar.bz2
 
Old 05-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #1219
AndDT
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jan 2013
Location: Ukraine, Kyiv
Distribution: Slackware-current
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Sat May 12 00:28:18 UTC 2018

Quote:
Sat May 12 00:28:18 UTC 2018
Where possible, the driver packages for X11 have been recompiled. However,
there were some (xf86-video-geode, xf86-video-tseng, xf86-video-sis,
xf86-video-savage, xf86-video-s3virge, xf86-video-rendition, xf86-video-r128,
and xf86-video-mach64) that would not compile against xorg-server-1.20.0 and
for which no patches seem to be available. Is anyone still using those, or are
they finally obsolete? I'll hold off on removing them until I can find out one
way or the other.
I have an old laptop that has s3-savage video adapter and uses xf86-video-savage.
The laptop is in a bad shape, so I can't help you with testing it with xf86-video-vesa.
 
Old 05-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #1220
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
nano-2.9.7:

https://www.nano-editor.org/news.php
https://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v2.9/nano-2.9.7.tar.xz
 
Old 05-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #1221
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
xfce4-terminal-0.8.7.4:

https://git.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-terminal/
http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfc....8.7.4.tar.bz2
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:12 AM   #1222
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
e2fsprogs-1.42:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git/
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/...-1.44.2.tar.xz
 
Old 05-16-2018, 02:14 AM   #1223
gmgf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2012
Location: Bergerac, France
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,701

Rep: Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665Reputation: 665
usbutils-010:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux.../usbutils.git/
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/...ils-010.tar.xz

jemalloc-5.1.0:

https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/releases
https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc...-5.1.0.tar.bz2

Last edited by gmgf; 05-16-2018 at 02:30 AM.
 
Old 05-16-2018, 02:20 AM   #1224
USUARIONUEVO
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,110

Rep: Reputation: 331Reputation: 331Reputation: 331Reputation: 331
Opencl-2.2

This is a bug fixes reléase

Here is the changelog
https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Open...e37f6830bf7c80
 
Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 AM   #1225
pc2005
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Sat May 12 00:28:18 UTC 2018
Where possible, the driver packages for X11 have been recompiled. However,
there were some (xf86-video-geode, xf86-video-tseng, xf86-video-sis,
xf86-video-savage, xf86-video-s3virge, xf86-video-rendition, xf86-video-r128,
and xf86-video-mach64) that would not compile against xorg-server-1.20.0 and
for which no patches seem to be available. Is anyone still using those, or are
they finally obsolete? I'll hold off on removing them until I can find out one
way or the other.
Yeah I still have one machine with an integrated SiS, which I will be using in the future. Actually only linux I have ever run on it was slackware. How difficult would be to compile them with SBo (done only once for new amdgpu, but I've forgot)? Just xf86-video-* repo or recompilation of whole xorg-server?
 
Old 05-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #1226
pc2005
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
There is missing translation of xfce menu items in the current garcon-0.6.1-x86_64-2. Older version: garcon-0.6.1-x86_64-1 was fine. It seems only 4 menus are translated (as seen in /usr/share/desktop-directories), rest only contains english (i'm using czech localization).
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #1227
Darth Vader
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2008
Location: Romania
Distribution: DARKSTAR Linux 2008.1
Posts: 2,727

Rep: Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc2005 View Post
Yeah I still have one machine with an integrated SiS, which I will be using in the future. Actually only linux I have ever run on it was slackware. How difficult would be to compile them with SBo (done only once for new amdgpu, but I've forgot)? Just xf86-video-* repo or recompilation of whole xorg-server?
These integrated SiS video are present even in motherboards with Socket AMD AM2 or Intel 775, then they support even quad-cores processors.

So, I should understand that, in their mightiness, the X.org developers considered the systems with SiS chipset and Socket AM2(+) or 775 quad-cores processors as obsolete?

That's utterly ridiculous!

What the <beep> is wrong with a Phenom x4 9650 sporting FOUR cores at 2.3GHz?

Last edited by Darth Vader; 05-16-2018 at 08:13 AM.
 
Old 05-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #1228
pc2005
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
These integrated SiS video are present even in motherboards with Socket AMD AM2 or Intel 775, then they support even quad-cores processors.

So, I should understand that, in their mightiness, the X.org developers considered the systems with SiS chipset and Socket AM2(+) or 775 quad-cores processors as obsolete?
Are they same cores? My machine uses SiS 630 with pentium III.
 
Old 05-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #1229
Darth Vader
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2008
Location: Romania
Distribution: DARKSTAR Linux 2008.1
Posts: 2,727

Rep: Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc2005 View Post
Are they same cores? My machine uses SiS 630 with pentium III.
I do not understand your question well. Of course that they are single CPU motherboards, but using different architectures. AMD and Intel develops their own processors.

And yeah, the SiS chipsets and their on-board videos, was present there since Intel Pentium III and AMD K6-2 era.
 
Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #1230
pc2005
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Nov 2017
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
I do not understand your question well. Of course that they are single CPU motherboards, but using different architectures. AMD and Intel develops their own processors.

And yeah, the SiS chipsets and their on-board videos, was present there since Intel Pentium III and AMD K6-2 era.
Ah sorry I meant the same __GPU__ cores. Does that driver support GPUs in new AM2 sockets? I know for a fact it supports GPU in my P3 chipset, but maybe new GPUs are supported in another xorg driver?
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Requests for -current (20151216) rworkman Slackware 3441 12-28-2017 03:50 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration