Basic Problem: I have been trying to install 13.1 (64-bit) and have not been able to get lilo to install.
1) partitioned drive /dev/sdc 1GB (Linux RAID) and 499GB (Linux Raid)
2) copied partitioning scheme to /dev/sdd
3) set up RAID-1 arrays md0 (sdc1-sdd1) and md1 (sdc2-sdd2)
4) write random data to partitions
5) set up LUKS on md1 (swluks)
6) set up LVM on swluks (80GB /, 375GB /home, 20GB swap)
7) ran setup, chose partitions, installed software
8) setup lilo (mbr, selected /)
9) TRIED to install lilo
Now the problem. The installation screen for lilo just sits there, no response. When one eventually ctrl-c's out of it lilo.conf has been written.
10) run mkinitrd and edit /etc/lilo.conf (md0 unencrypted is /boot)
11) run lilo
Apparently no /etc/fstab is being written and if you then try an boot all you get is LI 01 99 99 99 ...
All procedures were followed per the appropriate readme files (RAID/CRYPT/LVM/initrd). The same occurs trying to do a 32-bit install.
It's probably me missing something but for the life of me I don't know what.
Any thoughts or suggestions (polite ones
) are appreciated.