LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 32

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Possible conflict gcc multilib and slackpkg gcc update


I installed slackware 14.2 repeatedly because of multilib gcc-glibc cause conflict with anything and crashed the system.

My last try is this->

I install multilib:

# SLACKVER=14.2
# mkdir multilib
# cd multilib
# lftp -c "open http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/ ; mirror -c -e ${SLACKVER}"
# cd ${SLACKVER}

# upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new *.t?z
# upgradepkg --install-new slackware64-compat32/*-compat32/*.t?z

sudo nano /etc/slackpkg/blacklist

I add:
[0-9]+alien
[0-9]+compat32


I uncomment:
Defaults secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" in /etc/sudoers (I uncomment this in the last tries before of install multilib)

*In the last tries I updated the system before of install multilib*

I uncomment current mirror, I apply:
sudo slackpkg update gpg
sudo slackpkg update
sudo slackpkg install-new
(Appear gcc-brig-7.2.0-x86_64-1.txz Possible conflict with multilib if I install it?)

If any step more is necessary, I will appreciate the information.
 
Old 11-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
bamunds
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Mounds View MN
Distribution: Slackware64-14.2 Multilib
Posts: 368

Rep: Reputation: 82
First, when do you see the conflict? It helps this forum if you indicate not only what you did, but also what fault you are seeing with some detail.
At this point I don't know if your setup isn't booting, isn't compiling a program or what specific fault you are seeing. That will help.

Next, did you read the whole article "Adding Multilib Capability to Slackware on x86_64 Architecture"? which AlienBob provides for making your system multilib? If the fault is compiling then did you read the end of the article about parameters for compiling 32 bit programs?

Otherwise can you let us know if you are using slackpkg or slackpkg+?
Why are you un-commenting the secure_path?

Cheers
 
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 32

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamunds View Post
First, when do you see the conflict? It helps this forum if you indicate not only what you did, but also what fault you are seeing with some detail.
At this point I don't know if your setup isn't booting, isn't compiling a program or what specific fault you are seeing. That will help.

Next, did you read the whole article "Adding Multilib Capability to Slackware on x86_64 Architecture"? which AlienBob provides for making your system multilib? If the fault is compiling then did you read the end of the article about parameters for compiling 32 bit programs?

Otherwise can you let us know if you are using slackpkg or slackpkg+?
Why are you un-commenting the secure_path?

Cheers
The error was anything similar to:

installing /usr/bin/... multilib-files no such files or directory

( I did not perform a copy of faults, my fail)

I looked it over the article. (I must check it again)

I am using slackpkg.

I uncomment it to can use slackpkg commands with sudo (It is correct do this?)
 
Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
RadicalDreamer
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Distribution: Slackware64-Current
Posts: 516

Rep: Reputation: 230Reputation: 230Reputation: 230
Only the multilib gcc should be installed. You need slackpkg+ if you want to use other repositories like multilib. Slackpkg upgrades multilib and prevents the official slackware gcc packages from installing during upgrades.
Code:
bash-4.4# slackpkg search gcc

Looking for gcc in package list. Please wait... DONE

The list below shows all packages with name matching "gcc".

[ Status           ] [ Repository               ] [ Package                                  ]
   installed               multilib                     gcc-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien          
   installed               multilib                     gcc-brig-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               multilib                     gcc-g++-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien      
   installed               multilib                     gcc-gfortran-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien  
   installed               multilib                     gcc-gnat-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               multilib                     gcc-go-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien       
   installed               multilib                     gcc-objc-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               slackware64                  gccmakedep-1.0.3-noarch-1                 
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-7.2.0-x86_64-1                        
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-brig-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-g++-7.2.0-x86_64-1                    
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-gfortran-7.2.0-x86_64-1               
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-gnat-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-go-7.2.0-x86_64-1                     
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-objc-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   

You can search specific files using "slackpkg file-search file".
If you decide to use slackpkg+ comment out or remove these two lines in blacklist:
Code:
[0-9]+alien
[0-9]+compat32

Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 11-10-2017 at 12:21 PM.
 
Old 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #5
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 32

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
Only the multilib gcc should be installed. You need slackpkg+ if you want to use other repositories like multilib. Slackpkg upgrades multilib and prevents the official slackware gcc packages from installing during upgrades.
Code:
bash-4.4# slackpkg search gcc

Looking for gcc in package list. Please wait... DONE

The list below shows all packages with name matching "gcc".

[ Status           ] [ Repository               ] [ Package                                  ]
   installed               multilib                     gcc-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien          
   installed               multilib                     gcc-brig-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               multilib                     gcc-g++-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien      
   installed               multilib                     gcc-gfortran-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien  
   installed               multilib                     gcc-gnat-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               multilib                     gcc-go-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien       
   installed               multilib                     gcc-objc-7.2.0_multilib-x86_64-1alien     
   installed               slackware64                  gccmakedep-1.0.3-noarch-1                 
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-7.2.0-x86_64-1                        
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-brig-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-g++-7.2.0-x86_64-1                    
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-gfortran-7.2.0-x86_64-1               
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-gnat-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-go-7.2.0-x86_64-1                     
  uninstalled(masked)      slackware64                  gcc-objc-7.2.0-x86_64-1                   

You can search specific files using "slackpkg file-search file".
If you decide to use slackpkg+ comment out or remove these two lines in blacklist:
Code:
[0-9]+alien
[0-9]+compat32
I did all my past steps, then i did slackware install-new, then i reboot and when i did startx mouse and keyboard do not work. Antes solución?
 
Old 11-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
bassmadrigal
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Newport News, VA
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,571

Rep: Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503Reputation: 2503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugur View Post
I did all my past steps, then i did slackware install-new, then i reboot and when i did startx mouse and keyboard do not work. Antes solución?
Is your slackpkg mirror set to 14.2 or -current? -current is a development branch of Slackware and is not recommended for most users (it will eventually become the next Slackware stable version). Breakages can occur in -current and frequently happen with 3rd-party packages (and occasionally with stock packages). You should ensure your mirror is set to 14.2 and that will get you the latest patches for 14.2.
 
Old 11-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
RadicalDreamer
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Distribution: Slackware64-Current
Posts: 516

Rep: Reputation: 230Reputation: 230Reputation: 230
Do you want Slackware 14.2 or Current? Which mirror are you using? Are you using slackpkg+ or slackpkg?

What does
Code:
slackpkg help
say?

Mine says
Code:
bash-4.4# slackpkg help

slackpkg - version 2.82.2 / slackpkg+ 1.7.0
because I have slackpkg+ installed.

Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 11-10-2017 at 04:34 PM.
 
Old 11-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
Gugur
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Spain
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 32

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Solved. I did :

Install slackpkg+...

nano /etc/slackpkg/mirrors
Uncomment current mirror

nano /etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf

PKGS_PRIORITY=( multilib ) Uncomment
MIRRORPLUS['multilib']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/current/ Uncomment

# slackpkg update gpg
# slackpkg update
# slackpkg upgrade multilib
# slackpkg install multilib
# slackpkg install-new
# slackpkg upgrade-all

Last edited by Gugur; 11-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading Multilib GCC/GLIBC breaks GCC. DruidPeter Slackware 5 06-27-2016 07:00 PM
gcc, multilib and Slackware64 dr.s Slackware 2 05-01-2013 08:26 AM
[SOLVED] GCC-4.5.2 - Pass 2 / unsetting the multilib spec for GCC golarbol Linux From Scratch 2 07-11-2011 08:30 AM
[SOLVED] multilib glibc gcc upgrade bmxcess Slackware 3 05-27-2010 10:48 AM
Blacklisting gcc/glibc with slackpkg in multilib-current damgar Slackware 1 01-05-2010 12:15 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration