I found an issue in the 'acct' package in Slackware64 14 and it still exists in 14.1rc1. I sent this to Pat a few months ago, but I'm sure he stays plenty busy. Perhaps someone can help both of us out.
The problem is that output from the 'sa' process accounting utility only reports 'inf' and '-nan' in the output instead of the correct numbers/statistics.
Example (unpatched, top 4):
38998 -nanre -nancp -nanavio 3705k
root 28768 -nanre -nancp -nanavio 2418k
dovenull 2716 infre -nancp -nanavio 5536k
vmail 2695 infre -nancp -nanavio 7845k
Example (patched, top 4):
39607 59486.72re 72.41cp 0avio 3680k
root 29372 17591.60re 52.47cp 0avio 2411k
clamav 208 22994.61re 19.32cp 0avio 13524k
dovenull 2716 50.70re 0.36cp 0avio 5536k
1) Enable process accounting. (touch /var/log/pacct && chmod 640 /var/log/pacct && /sbin/accton /var/log/pacct)
2) Run a few commands to be logged.
3) Run a report. (/usr/bin/sa --user-summary)
The Debian folks fixed the issue and have released a patch for 6.5.4. I put it and the SlackBuild change into the linked patch file.
If anyone needs reference to the original Debian patch, you can find it here: http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/acct/6.5.4-2.1
(It's the '581421-sa-hz-division.patch' one.)
Here's the patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkgvnatrwe...rrent.patch.gz