Originally Posted by hua
Just use this in lilo.
image = /boot/vmlinuz-generic-smp-3.2.13-smp
initrd = /boot/initrd.gz
image = /boot/vmlinuz is good too, but the link must point to the correct image - this sometimes can mess up. (And point to different image as we expected)
(Best help for us to help you is to post your lilo.conf - /etc/lilo.conf)
THAT solved the problem! I used /boot/vmlinuz because I'm confident about the link.
The cryptic error did not show itself. Lilo updated successfully. Now I have to work on getting it to mount my SDD card on boot -- my next project.
For the record, this is an Asus Eeepc 2G Surf. Xandros was messed up when I got it, so for the first couple of weeks I ran an extremely cut down 13.37 on the 2G internal SDD 'HD' (no KDE, no CD stuff, no printing, no server, the barest bit of X), mostly just to prove it could be done.
I kept finding features I missed and it didn't leave me much free space (I was constantly trimming logs to free up space).
My solution was a *full* install, with a 16G SDD card mounted as /usr. This works really well, and leaves me lots of space for books and tunes and videos.
I couldn't find a driver for my new plug-in extension wi-fi antenna, so I upgraded to current and now everything works just fine.
I now take this little thing with me *everywhere* (it fits in my jacket pocket!) and use it for everything.