Originally Posted by CaceK
There is a patch that will allow you to run current catalyst drivers with 3.7 and 3.8 kernel. You can grab the patch from here: catalyst.apocalypsus.net/files/
I don't know if this is the best way to do it but I did it just like so:
1. Leave the X session and run the Catalyst installer. It will result in an error but it's ok.
2. Nowcopy the patch to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/
3. Apply the patch: patch -p0 < *.patch
4. Compile the module: ./make.sh
5. cd ..
6. Now just install the module by typing ./make_install.sh
That worked thank you, I now have the kenel module installed, how ever when I try and run aticonfig --initial
it gives me a command nor found error, I also noticed it didn't install the Catalyst Control Center, am I doing something wrong here?