[SOLVED] Have a Problem with KDE on Slackware 13.37
SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I am running Slack 13.37 an this is not my first rodeo by a long shot. Did a fresh install about 4 days ago on my new machine. Everything was fine it ran great and still does actually. The only problem I am having is the KDE windows are all opening maximized. I have tried unticking the options in in Windows behavior. No effect what so ever. I even set a specific rule for one program and it did nothing. Even FF downloads is coming out maximized!! I am at a loss here and could use a little guidance.
I fixed it. I had to use a template to make all the windows and applications that size. I do not know why it started doing this. From the looks of google I am not the only one with this problem either.