SlackwareThis Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Distribution: slack 7.1 till latest and -current, LFS
To Sum things up:
01: libxml2 libxml2-2.9.1.tar.gz is available
02: libxslt llibxslt-1.1.28.tar.gz is available
03: librsvg librsvg-2.37.0.tar.xz is available
04: gnutls gnutls-3.2.0 version is available
05: qca gca-2.03 version is available since longtime.
06: poppler poppler-0.22.4 version is available
07: gphoto2 libgphoto2-2.5.2 version is available
08: cups Cups-1.6.2 version is available 09: libpng libpng-1.6.2 version is available (breaks alot - removing) 10: samba4 samba-4.0.6 version is available Added on 2013-05-29
Last edited by bartgymnast; 05-29-2013 at 01:19 PM.
libpng-1.6 requires probably rebuild a big number of packages.
If that was all it took, we'd have it. For reasons unknown to anyone but themselves, the PNG developers like to make libpng a complete moving target, requiring everything to be ported to the new version. Whatever the great new features are, I don't think they are worth it. Have a look around online for how that one breaks virtually all existing code and I think you'll get the same idea.
---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 17:51 ----------
- vlc - matter of choice, I believe that MPlayer plays everything I need, but I like vlc better;
- minidlna - there is no media server in our current tree, so I rely on SBo, but it would be nice to have one in current tree;
- audacity - sound record, I don't believe we have a GUI alternative in current tree;
- transmission - ktorrent is fine but what if we don't use KDE?
- xarchive - the same, we have ark but what if we don't use KDE too?