LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 AM   #1
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
error after building package with sbopkg


I build a package with sbopkg and install all dependencies.

Code:
sbopkg -i "SlowAES dnspython ecdsa python-jsonrpclib python-pbkdf2
python-tlslite six python-qrcode PySocks  pyasn1  python-dateutil
google-apputils python-gflags pytz protobuf pyasn1-modules protobuf
python-requests pyaes  Electrum"
But when I try to launch Electrum I receive this message:

Code:
$ electrum 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/electrum", line 379, in <module>
    d.init_gui(config, plugins)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/daemon.py", line 281, in init_gui
    gui = __import__('electrum_gui.' + gui_name, fromlist=['electrum_gui'])
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum_gui/qt/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtGui import *
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsLatin1String
I don't know what is wrong.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 05:04 AM   #2
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,829

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag33k View Post
I build a package with sbopkg and install all dependencies.

Code:
sbopkg -i "SlowAES dnspython ecdsa python-jsonrpclib python-pbkdf2
python-tlslite six python-qrcode PySocks  pyasn1  python-dateutil
google-apputils python-gflags pytz protobuf pyasn1-modules protobuf
python-requests pyaes  Electrum"
But when I try to launch Electrum I receive this message:

Code:
$ electrum 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/electrum", line 379, in <module>
    d.init_gui(config, plugins)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/daemon.py", line 281, in init_gui
    gui = __import__('electrum_gui.' + gui_name, fromlist=['electrum_gui'])
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum_gui/qt/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtGui import *
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsLatin1String
I don't know what is wrong.
I guess the sip package that you have installed in your system is built for Slackware 14.2, but you built your other python packages using a python at least built for Slackware current: it seems you are mixing packages made for two different versions of Slackware.

Last edited by ponce; 05-20-2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: added post quote
 
Old 05-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
I guess the sip package that you have installed in your system is built for Slackware 14.2, but you built your other python packages using a python at least built for Slackware current: it seems you are mixing packages made for two different versions of Slackware.
I installed the same packages in VM that I have and it worked.
But I don't have mixed current and stable.
That problem happens in two different machines. The VM isn't multilib but the others two are.

Meanwhile I have to find a way to set this right.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,829

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Code:
$ electrum 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/electrum", line 379, in <module>
    d.init_gui(config, plugins)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/daemon.py", line 281, in init_gui
    gui = __import__('electrum_gui.' + gui_name, fromlist=['electrum_gui'])
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum_gui/qt/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtGui import *
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsLatin1String
that error means that electrum has been built on a system with a python interpreter that, in turn, has being built using the configure option "--enable-unicode=ucs4", and only the python package in current has been built with that option enabled, while the sip python module installed in the system hasn't been built that way because it doesn't recognize UCS4 unicode.
so the sip package you had installed in your system had to be built against a python interpreter different from the one in current, hence my guess that the sip package you had installed came from a repository meant to be used with 14.2 and not current...

this error could also manifest if you had built these packages (electrum included) on a host running slackware current and you are trying to install them on another running 14.2, but you haven't said anything in your original post about building packages on an host and trying to have them running on another, so I haven't even considered that possibility in my first answer...

Last edited by ponce; 05-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I read your posts about different builds of python packages.

This is what I did
Like I said this was happening in two different machines.
I tested on one.
I hope that I didn't break anything from point of no recovery.


slackpkg remove python

rm -r /usr/lib64/python2.7/

slackpkg install python

I installed electrum and all the dependencies with sbopkg and I found that
PyQt was missing.

Then I made

slackpkg search PyQt

And found out that I had installed a PyQt and sip package from ktwon with
slackpkg+.

1)
In one of slackware mirrors I downloaded the slackware64 packages

PyQt-4.11.4-x86_64-1.txz
sip-4.18-x86_64-1.txz

and install both of them.

Edited
/etc/slackpkg/blacklist

and added this lines

sip.*1alien
PyQt.*1alien

And then I did

slackpkg update
slackpkg upgrade-all


electrum worked after that.


In the test machine there is some broken packages because I deleted /usr/lib64/python2.7/ I'm trying to solve the problem with the broken ones.
But in the other it's working fine until now.

I hope I made things right and don't broke anything on the test machine.
On the second one I only did

slackpkg remove PyQt sip

and from 1) forward.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,829

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag33k View Post
I read your posts about different builds of python packages.
You still haven't said which version of Slackware you are using on your machines (phisical and virtual): I suggest you to have a look in /etc/slackpkg/mirrors to see whatever you have uncommented.

Quote:
This is what I did
Like I said this was happening in two different machines.
I tested on one.
I hope that I didn't break anything from point of no recovery.


slackpkg remove python

rm -r /usr/lib64/python2.7/
what were you trying to accomplish with that?

Quote:
slackpkg install python

I installed electrum and all the dependencies with sbopkg and I found that
PyQt was missing.

Then I made

slackpkg search PyQt

And found out that I had installed a PyQt and sip package from ktwon with
slackpkg+.
are those ktown packages for the same version of slackware that you are running?

Quote:
1)
In one of slackware mirrors I downloaded the slackware64 packages

PyQt-4.11.4-x86_64-1.txz
sip-4.18-x86_64-1.txz

and install both of them.

Edited
/etc/slackpkg/blacklist

and added this lines

sip.*1alien
PyQt.*1alien

And then I did

slackpkg update
slackpkg upgrade-all


electrum worked after that.


In the test machine there is some broken packages because I deleted /usr/lib64/python2.7/ I'm trying to solve the problem with the broken ones.
try doing this
Code:
cd /var/log/packages
grep ^usr\/lib64\/python2\.7 * | cut -d: -f1 | uniq
should give you an idea of whatever you have to reinstall
 
Old 05-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
You still haven't said which version of Slackware you are using on your machines (phisical and virtual): I suggest you to have a look in /etc/slackpkg/mirrors to see whatever you have uncommented.
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/ft...ckware64-14.2/


My /etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf is


Code:
# Configuration for slackpkg+. See /usr/doc/slackpkg+-*/README for more details
# Please read manpage: "man slackpkgplus.conf" and documentation /usr/doc/slackpkg+-*/README

# Enable (on) / Disable (off) slackpkg+
SLACKPKGPLUS=on

# set to '0' to never show the download progress bar
# set to '1' to show the bar only in download packages (default)
# set to '2' to always show the download bar
# set to '3' for a debug mode
VERBOSE=1

# By default slackpkg+ deny to install 32bit packages.
#
# Set this flag to 'on' allow slackpkg+ to install 32bit packages on a 64bit slackware 
# installation (possibly unsafe). Please, do not install both 32 and 64bit of the same 
# package to avoid problems, and NEVER upgrade existant 64bit packages with relative 32bit package.
# Do not forget to install the multilibs.
ALLOW32BIT=off

# Enable (1) / Disable (0) the official slackpkg blacklist. May be useful to temporarily skip
# the slackware blacklist. You can also override it from command line:
# 'USEBL=0 slackpkg upgrade-all'
USEBL=1

# Add custom option to 'wget'.
# You can solve the repository indisponibility issue by set a timeout here
WGETOPTS="--timeout=20 --tries=2"

# If you want replace wget with another downloader search DOWNLOADCMD in documentation
# at /usr/doc/slackpkg+-*/README
#DOWNLOADCMD="wget -O"

# Defines if the changelog of any 3rd party repository must be searched in parent URL when not found in base URL.
# Can be set to "on" or "off" (default)
SEARCH_CLOG_INPARENT=on

# Use the cache for metadata files (CHECKSUMS.md5,...). Enable it (on) to speedup the slackpkg update
# process by downloading just new files (see README). Disabled by default (off)
CACHEUPDATE=off

# You can download-only by setting DOWNLOADONLY to 'on'. You may (you should) also use it in commandline
# for example: "DOWNLOADONLY=on slackpkg upgrade-all". Useful for large upgrades.
#DOWNLOADONLY=off

# Enable (on) / Disable (off) notification events (see notifymsg.conf)
#ENABLENOTIFY=off

# Enable (on) / Disable (off) the greylist feature. See /etc/slackpkg/greylist
GREYLIST=on

# Defines if commands 'search' and 'file-search' are case-sensitive (on) or not (off). Default to "on"
SENSITIVE_SEARCH=on

# Defines if command 'file-search' does search Wole Word (on) of accept partial words (off). Note that
# you may obtains many many results searching a short partial word
WW_FILE_SEARCH=on

# Select the show order in dialogbox. Available "package" "repository" "tag" "path" "arch"
SHOWORDER=package

# Allow to show more details of the package in slackpkg info <package>. Accept "none", "basic", "filelist"
DETAILED_INFO=none

# Enable (on) / Disable (off) a Strict GPG Check. A repository should contains packages signed
# with the only original GPG-KEY. In some custom repository may be wanted to mix heterogeneous
# packages; to use that repository set Strict GPG Check to off. P.S: a repository can
# contain just ONE gpg-key; you may manually import the other.
STRICTGPG=on

# If two or more repositories contains some same packages, you can specify
# from which repository you prefer to search it.
# The syntax is "<repository_name>:<package_name>"
# Accepts regular expressions. To give priority to an entire repository use "<repository_name>"

# Examples:
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( restricted:vlc )
# OR
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( myrepo )
# 
# if you have two reporitories to give priority you must set both in the same line
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( myrepo restricted:vlc )
#
# if you want to install 'ktown' repository you must set it here
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( ktown )
# and DO NOT MISS to read special instruction on /usr/doc/slackpkg+-*/repositories.txt
#
# If you want a multilib system, uncomment the multilib repository and set:
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( multilib )
#
# (Use /usr/doc/slackpkg+-*/setupmultilib.sh to setup a multilib configuration)
#
# For both multilib and ktown set
#PKGS_PRIORITY=( multilib ktown )
PKGS_PRIORITY=( multilib restricted alienbob ktown )

# Otherwise you can try to upgrade a package from a repository that contains a package with the
# same tag of the already installed package. Tipically that means to upgrade a package from the
# same author of the already installed package.
# Note that this method may not works properly where two repositories contains a package with the
# same tag.
# Set TAG_PRIORITY to 'on' to enable this function
TAG_PRIORITY=off

# List repositories you want to use (defined below)
# remember to launch 'slackpkg update' if you modify that row.
#REPOPLUS=( slackpkgplus restricted alienbob slacky )
REPOPLUS=( slackpkgplus multilib restricted alienbob ktown )


# Define mirrors (uncomment one or more mirror; remember to add it to REPOPLUS)
# GPG Note: after adding/renaming a repository, you must to run 'slackpkg update gpg'
#           some repositories as salixos, have a partial GPG support;
#           for that repositories you may need to run slackpkg with 'slackpkg -checkgpg=off ...'

# Slackware 14.2 - x86_64
MIRRORPLUS['multilib']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/14.2/
MIRRORPLUS['alienbob']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/sbrepos/14.2/x86_64/
MIRRORPLUS['restricted']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/restricted_sbrepos/14.2/x86_64/
#MIRRORPLUS['slacky']=http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware64-14.2/

# use this to keep the slackpkg+ package updated to the latest stable release
MIRRORPLUS['slackpkgplus']=http://slakfinder.org/slackpkg+/

# use the development branch to use the mainline version and help develop by reporting bugs.
#MIRRORPLUS['slackpkgplus']=http://slakfinder.org/slackpkg+dev/


# Slackware current - x86_64
#MIRRORPLUS['multilib']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/current/

# Local repository:
#MIRRORPLUS['alienbob']=file://repositories/alien/sbrepos/14.2/x86/
#
# Local packages (you do not need metadata nor 'slackpkg update' command):
#MIRRORPLUS['myrepo']=dir://repositories/mypackages/

# ktown repository
MIRRORPLUS['ktown']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/current/latest/x86_64/

#
# Supported Repositories (see /usr/doc/slackpkg+-* for details and notes):
#

#slackpkgplus:  http://slakfinder.org/slackpkg+{,dev,1.6,1.7}/
#multilib:      http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/{14.0,14.1,14.2,current}/
#alienbob:      http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/sbrepos/{14.0,14.1,14.2,current}/{x86,x86_64}/
#ktown:         http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/{14.1,14.2,current}/{latest,testing}/{x86,x86_64}/
#restricted:    http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/restricted_sbrepos/{14.0,14.1,14.2,current}/{x86,x86_64}/
#slacky:        http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware{,64}-{14.0,14.1,14.2}/
#mleddesktop:   http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/desktop-{14.1,14.2}-{32,64}bit/
#mledextras:    http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/extras-{14.1,14.2}-{32,64}bit/
#mles:          http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/server-{14.0,14.1,14.2}-{32,64}bit/
#msb:           http://slackware.uk/msb/{14.0,14.1,14.2,current}/{1.6,1.8,1.10,1.12,1.14,1.15,1.15-gtk3,latest}/{x86,x86_64}/
#csb:           http://slackware.uk/csb/{14.1,14.2}/{x86,x86_64}/
#slackers:      http://slack.conraid.net/repository/slackware64-current/
#slacke18:      http://ngc891.blogdns.net/pub/slacke18/slackware{,64}-{14.1,14.2}/
#studioware:    http://studioware.org/files/packages/slackware{,64}-{14.0,14.1,14.2}/
#slackonly:     http://panos.slackonly.com/pub/packages/{14.1,14.2,current}-{x86,x86_64}/
#rlworkman:     http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/{14.0,14.1,14.2,current}/
#slackel:       http://www.slackel.gr/repo/{i486,x86_64}/current/
#connochaetos:  http://connochaetos.org/slack-n-free/slack-n-free{,64}-{14.1,14.2}/
#slint:         http://slint.fr/packages/{14.0,14.1,14.2}-{i486,x86_64}/
#salixos:       http://download.salixos.org/{i486,x86_64}/{14.0,14.1,14.2}/

Quote:
what were you trying to accomplish with that?
that was me being stupid.

Quote:

are those ktown packages for the same version of slackware that you are running?
thanks for that
my problem is in /etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf
this is what is causing mixed packages

Code:
# ktown repository
MIRRORPLUS['ktown']=http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/current/latest/x86_64/
I changed to

Code:
http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/14.2/latest/x86_64/
Quote:
try doing this
Code:
cd /var/log/packages
grep ^usr\/lib64\/python2\.7 * | cut -d: -f1 | uniq
should give you an idea of whatever you have to reinstall
that give me this

Code:
Cython-0.23.4-x86_64-1
Electrum-2.8.2-x86_64-1_SBo
M2Crypto-0.23.0-x86_64-1
PyQt-4.11.4-x86_64-1
PySocks-1.5.7-x86_64-1_SBo
QScintilla-2.9.1-x86_64-1
SlowAES-0.1a1-x86_64-1_SBo
blueman-2.0.4-x86_64-1
dbus-python-1.2.4-x86_64-1
distcc-3.1-x86_64-1
dnspython-1.10.0-x86_64-1alien
docopt-0.6.2-x86_64-2_SBo
ecdsa-0.13-x86_64-1_SBo
fetchmail-6.3.26-x86_64-2
gamin-0.1.10-x86_64-5
gcc-java-5.3.0_multilib-x86_64-3alien
getmail-4.54.0-x86_64-1_slack14.2
google-apputils-0.4.2-x86_64-1_SBo
gpgme-1.9.0-x86_64-1alien
gst0-python-0.10.22-x86_64-1_SBo
hplip-3.16.5-x86_64-3
kmod-22-x86_64-1
libcaca-0.99.beta18-x86_64-2
libcap-ng-0.7.7-x86_64-1
libieee1284-0.2.11-x86_64-3
libproxy-0.4.12-x86_64-1
libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.11-x86_64-1alien
libwebp-0.5.1-x86_64-1_SBo
libxml2-2.9.4-x86_64-2
libxslt-1.1.29-x86_64-1
linuxdoc-tools-0.9.69-x86_64-5
llvm-3.8.0-x86_64-2
lxml-3.6.4-x86_64-1_SBo
mercurial-3.8.2-x86_64-1
mlt-6.4.1-x86_64-1alien
net-snmp-5.7.3-x86_64-3
newt-0.52.19-x86_64-1
nmap-7.12-x86_64-1
notify-python-0.1.1-x86_64-5
obexftp-0.24-x86_64-1
openshot-1.4.3-x86_64-1_SBo
pilot-link-0.12.5-x86_64-10
pip-9.0.1-x86_64-1_SBo
protobuf-2.5.0-x86_64-1alien
pssh-2.3.1-x86_64-1
psutil-5.0.0-x86_64-1_SBo
pyaes-1.6.0-x86_64-1_SBo
pyasn1-0.1.9-x86_64-1_SBo
pyasn1-modules-0.0.8-x86_64-1_SBo
pycairo-1.10.0-x86_64-1
pycups-1.9.73-x86_64-1
pycurl-7.43.0-x86_64-1
pygobject-2.28.6-x86_64-2
pygobject3-3.18.2-x86_64-1
pygoocanvas-0.14.1-x86_64-2_SBo
pygtk-2.24.0-x86_64-2
pyrex-0.9.9-x86_64-2
python-2.7.13-x86_64-2_slack14.2
python-dateutil-1.5-x86_64-1alien
python-gflags-3.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo
python-jsonrpclib-0.1.7-x86_64-1_SBo
python-pbkdf2-1.3-x86_64-1_SBo
python-pillow-3.0.0-x86_64-1
python-qrcode-5.3-x86_64-1_SBo
python-requests-2.13.0-x86_64-1_SBo
python-setuptools-22.0.5-x86_64-1
python-tlslite-0.4.9-x86_64-1_SBo
pytz-2016.10-x86_64-1_SBo
pyxdg-0.25-x86_64-2_SBo
radiotray-0.7.3-x86_64-2_SBo
rpm-4.12.0.1-x86_64-1
samba-4.4.13-x86_64-1_slack14.2
scons-2.4.1-x86_64-1
sip-4.18-x86_64-1
six-1.10.0-x86_64-1_SBo
subversion-1.9.4-x86_64-1
system-config-printer-1.3.13-x86_64-2
urwid-1.0.3-x86_64-1
util-linux-2.27.1-x86_64-1
vte-0.28.2-x86_64-4
xcb-proto-1.11-x86_64-2
xpyb-1.3.1-x86_64-3

some packages are from slackware 14.2, others from slackbuilds and others installed using slackpkgplus.
should i reinstall every package and build the ones from slackbuilds?
 
Old 05-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,829

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag33k View Post
that give me this

Code:
Cython-0.23.4-x86_64-1
Electrum-2.8.2-x86_64-1_SBo
M2Crypto-0.23.0-x86_64-1
PyQt-4.11.4-x86_64-1
PySocks-1.5.7-x86_64-1_SBo
QScintilla-2.9.1-x86_64-1
SlowAES-0.1a1-x86_64-1_SBo
blueman-2.0.4-x86_64-1
dbus-python-1.2.4-x86_64-1
distcc-3.1-x86_64-1
dnspython-1.10.0-x86_64-1alien
docopt-0.6.2-x86_64-2_SBo
ecdsa-0.13-x86_64-1_SBo
fetchmail-6.3.26-x86_64-2
gamin-0.1.10-x86_64-5
gcc-java-5.3.0_multilib-x86_64-3alien
getmail-4.54.0-x86_64-1_slack14.2
google-apputils-0.4.2-x86_64-1_SBo
gpgme-1.9.0-x86_64-1alien
gst0-python-0.10.22-x86_64-1_SBo
hplip-3.16.5-x86_64-3
kmod-22-x86_64-1
libcaca-0.99.beta18-x86_64-2
libcap-ng-0.7.7-x86_64-1
libieee1284-0.2.11-x86_64-3
libproxy-0.4.12-x86_64-1
libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.11-x86_64-1alien
libwebp-0.5.1-x86_64-1_SBo
libxml2-2.9.4-x86_64-2
libxslt-1.1.29-x86_64-1
linuxdoc-tools-0.9.69-x86_64-5
llvm-3.8.0-x86_64-2
lxml-3.6.4-x86_64-1_SBo
mercurial-3.8.2-x86_64-1
mlt-6.4.1-x86_64-1alien
net-snmp-5.7.3-x86_64-3
newt-0.52.19-x86_64-1
nmap-7.12-x86_64-1
notify-python-0.1.1-x86_64-5
obexftp-0.24-x86_64-1
openshot-1.4.3-x86_64-1_SBo
pilot-link-0.12.5-x86_64-10
pip-9.0.1-x86_64-1_SBo
protobuf-2.5.0-x86_64-1alien
pssh-2.3.1-x86_64-1
psutil-5.0.0-x86_64-1_SBo
pyaes-1.6.0-x86_64-1_SBo
pyasn1-0.1.9-x86_64-1_SBo
pyasn1-modules-0.0.8-x86_64-1_SBo
pycairo-1.10.0-x86_64-1
pycups-1.9.73-x86_64-1
pycurl-7.43.0-x86_64-1
pygobject-2.28.6-x86_64-2
pygobject3-3.18.2-x86_64-1
pygoocanvas-0.14.1-x86_64-2_SBo
pygtk-2.24.0-x86_64-2
pyrex-0.9.9-x86_64-2
python-2.7.13-x86_64-2_slack14.2
python-dateutil-1.5-x86_64-1alien
python-gflags-3.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo
python-jsonrpclib-0.1.7-x86_64-1_SBo
python-pbkdf2-1.3-x86_64-1_SBo
python-pillow-3.0.0-x86_64-1
python-qrcode-5.3-x86_64-1_SBo
python-requests-2.13.0-x86_64-1_SBo
python-setuptools-22.0.5-x86_64-1
python-tlslite-0.4.9-x86_64-1_SBo
pytz-2016.10-x86_64-1_SBo
pyxdg-0.25-x86_64-2_SBo
radiotray-0.7.3-x86_64-2_SBo
rpm-4.12.0.1-x86_64-1
samba-4.4.13-x86_64-1_slack14.2
scons-2.4.1-x86_64-1
sip-4.18-x86_64-1
six-1.10.0-x86_64-1_SBo
subversion-1.9.4-x86_64-1
system-config-printer-1.3.13-x86_64-2
urwid-1.0.3-x86_64-1
util-linux-2.27.1-x86_64-1
vte-0.28.2-x86_64-4
xcb-proto-1.11-x86_64-2
xpyb-1.3.1-x86_64-3

some packages are from slackware 14.2, others from slackbuilds and others installed using slackpkgplus.
should i reinstall every package and build the ones from slackbuilds?
yes, all of them.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
the machine where I did


Code:
rm -r /usr/lib64/python2.7/
still has a few broken packages.

the other one is fine.

deleting /usr/lib64/python2.7/ was a mistake.
 
Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
willysr
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Jogja, Indonesia
Distribution: Slackware-Current
Posts: 3,980

Rep: Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233Reputation: 1233
you can simply use slackpkg reinstall python
 
Old 05-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #11
ag33k
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 95

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysr View Post
you can simply use slackpkg reinstall python
after removing the python folder I did slackpkg install python
 
Old 05-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #12
Didier Spaier
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Paris, France
Distribution: Slint64-14.2.1.2 on Lenovo Thinkpad W520
Posts: 8,873

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag33k View Post
after removing the python folder I did slackpkg install python
It's always better to do a "slackpkg reinstall" if you installed an unwanted or wrong version of a package as it will remove all files from the previous packages then install all the files from the new pacakage. More generally you can use upgradepkg that actually does that.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error building a DEB library package towheedm Programming 1 10-12-2012 11:59 AM
[SOLVED] Compile error when building SBOPKG for libsoup vdemuth Slackware 2 01-02-2011 01:35 PM
Error while building a package libmokoui. prasanthp Linux - Software 0 12-07-2009 12:35 AM
Error while building a package. prasanthp Linux - Newbie 5 11-10-2009 11:42 PM
Error in building glibc2.3.2---using lfs-package-5.0 oldmanpushcar Linux From Scratch 0 04-19-2005 08:55 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration