LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2019, 06:59 AM   #16
Lockywolf
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 216

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 59

Meanwhile, while compiling opencolorio, I am meeting roughly the following error:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=915112

Maybe we need a new 'glew' in '-current'?

Code:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12066:105: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                         ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18734:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12068:103: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                                                       ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18736:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLint* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12070:96: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18730:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12072:94: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                                              ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18732:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLint* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12079:104: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                        ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18743:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLfloat* data);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12080:102: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
                                                                                                      ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18744:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLint* data);
 
Old 04-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #17
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,810

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockywolf View Post
Meanwhile, while compiling opencolorio, I am meeting roughly the following error:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=915112

Maybe we need a new 'glew' in '-current'?

Code:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12066:105: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                         ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18734:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12068:103: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                                                       ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18736:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, GLint* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12070:96: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18730:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLfloat* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12072:94: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, const GLint *params);
                                                                                              ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18732:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTMODELIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum pname, GLint* params);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12079:104: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                        ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18743:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLfloat* data);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12080:102: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, GLint*)’
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
                                                                                                      ^
In file included from /tmp/SBo/OpenColorIO-1.1.1/src/apps/ociodisplay/main.cpp:57:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:18744:28: note: previous declaration as ‘typedef void (* PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLint*)’
 typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLint* data);
FYI I just tried to build it on current and it went fine, may be still something specific to your setup...
 
Old 04-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #18
Lockywolf
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 216

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponce View Post
FYI I just tried to build it on current and it went fine, may be still something specific to your setup...
What do the following commands say on your machine?

Code:
root@delllaptop:/var/lib/sbopkg/SBo-git/graphics/opencolorio# grep PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC /usr/include/GL/glew.h /usr/include/GL/glext.h 
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:typedef void (GLAPIENTRY * PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, const GLint* data);
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:GLEW_FUN_EXPORT PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC __glewGetFragmentMaterialivSGIX;
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLGETFRAGMENTMATERIALIVSGIXPROC) (GLenum face, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
root@delllaptop:/var/lib/sbopkg/SBo-git/graphics/opencolorio# ls -la /usr/include/GL/glew.h /usr/include/GL/glext.h 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1186601 Apr 14  2018 /usr/include/GL/glew.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  832367 Apr 12 02:28 /usr/include/GL/glext.h
root@delllaptop:/var/lib/sbopkg/SBo-git/graphics/opencolorio#
 
Old 04-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #19
ponce
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Pisa, Italy
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 4,810

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
they say the same things as on your system, but this doesn't mean anything, IMHO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.willing View Post
I had no problem building opencolorio. The optional openimageio dependency is not specified as required in the default opencolorio.info file and I never build it with that dependency myself. If you're having openimageio related problems when building opencolorio, I suggest you remove the openimageio dependency
have you tried what RadicalDreamer and Chris suggested above (removing openimageio before building opencolorio)?

Last edited by ponce; 04-23-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: I was forgetting RadicalDreamer...
 
Old 04-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #20
Lockywolf
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 216

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 59
Quote:
have you tried what Chris suggested above (removing openimageio before building opencolorio)?
I didn't understand his suggestion.

openimageio depends on opencolorio, not the other way round.
 
Old 04-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #21
chris.willing
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Distribution: Slackware,LFS
Posts: 567

Rep: Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockywolf View Post
I didn't understand his suggestion.

openimageio depends on opencolorio, not the other way round.
opencolorio can apparently do some optimisations if openimageio is present at build time i.e. a circular dependency. To avoid this, we make only the one dependency explicit in the info files i.e. openimageio depends on opencolorio (as you say). However some people are prepared to do the double compiling by hand in order to obtain whatever benefit they think is available. Maybe there is a benefit or maybe it causes problems. It could also happen accidentally - it may be that a system already has openimageio available when opencolorio is being compiled (perhaps due to an update). Again, there may be some benefit or it may cause a problem. To avoid any chance of problems like this, I always build opencolorio in a clean VM with only opencolorio's dependencies installed.

chris
 
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #22
Lockywolf
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2007
Posts: 216

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 59
Now I understand this. I remember having this kind of issue when compiling Blender for the first time.

But I didn't realise that it could influence glew somehow.

Thank you.
 
Old 04-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #23
chris.willing
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2014
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Distribution: Slackware,LFS
Posts: 567

Rep: Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
I use the Slackbuild for the Binary version of Blender and Blender 2.79b from blender.org. I got tired of dealing with the dependencies and the binary supplied by Blender has CUDA support so I don't have to deal with NVIDIA's CUDA shenanigans.
Can't avoid dealing with the dependencies but CUDA support is now included in the Blender "build from source" slackbuild at SBo - available in the next round of updates (probably at the weekend). It needs the cudatoolkit package to be installed at build time (though not run time). However since this feature is specific to nvidia GPUs I haven't included cudatoolkit in the REQUIRES field of the .info file - it'll be an optional dependency that builders will have to install separately.

chris
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cannot lock locale archive "/usr/lib64/locale/locale-archive": Permission denied when building Multilib Cross Linux from Scratch Gunnersky2002 Linux - Software 2 06-13-2018 09:28 AM
[SOLVED] Blender 2.63 only runs if I type /opt/blender/blender in cmdline Jeebizz Slackware 6 07-23-2013 05:00 PM
LXer: The Essential Blender: Guide to 3D Creation with the Open Source Suite Blender LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 11-23-2007 11:00 AM
Blender problem: can't run Blender, anyone know how? Chuong Linux - Software 11 09-01-2006 08:54 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration