LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   compiz and Slack 12? (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/compiz-and-slack-12-a-566969/)

kholdstayr 07-05-2007 07:24 PM

compiz and Slack 12?
 
I am wondering about the compiz package that comes with Slackware 12. I didn't notice that it had come with it but I was reading some stuff about it and did a 'whereis compiz' and voila, it actually does come with Slack 12!

How does one actually activate compiz for Slack 12? It doesn't show up in xwmconfig and running 'compiz' after starting x in the xinitrc file doesn't work.

WulfNStein 07-05-2007 08:20 PM

to save you all the hassel that i went through trying to get compiz running all you have to do is open up a console and enter this...

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom
kde-window-decorator &

and viola, you have a working compiz


[edit] you need to have your vid card installed and your xorg.conf file edited properly too. you can find all that info at http://www.compiz.org/Documentation/Documentation

kholdstayr 07-05-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WulfNStein
to save you all the hassel that i went through trying to get compiz running all you have to do is open up a console and enter this...

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &

and viola, you have a working compiz


[edit] that's supposed to be 1 line btw
[edit2] you need to have your vid card installed and your xorg.conf file edited properly too. you can find all that info at http://www.compiz.org/Documentation/Documentation


Thanks for the information. That is a pretty scary command line. I actually didn't get it to work yet because whenever I try to start compiz I get an error message:

compiz: no composite extension

which seems to be a common error message if you search for it on Google. I haven't found a good solution for it yet.

thloh85 07-05-2007 08:56 PM

Add a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "enable"
EndSection

WulfNStein 07-05-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdev85
Add a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "enable"
EndSection

^^ what he said

there's also some other things you may need to add to xorg.conf depending on your video card. check out the documentation link. there's also a lot of info on their forums. good luck.

rworkman 07-05-2007 11:53 PM

On the subject of compiz, if you're wanting to use it in xfce or even gnome perhaps, you might be interested in this:
http://slackware.com/~rworkman/compiz/
That compiz package includes the gtk-window-decorator, which is not included with the stock Slackware package due to a dependency on libwnck. You'll need to install both of them, obviously.
Note: I have not personally tested those packages, as I made them at someone's request; however, several individuals have reported success with them. I said that to say this: don't ask me how to get compiz to work with *any* environment - I don't know, as I have no desire for the "fancy" stuff it provides :-)

dive 07-06-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WulfNStein
compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &

When I do that I lose my title bar and buttons:

compiz: glXCreateContext failed
compiz: Failed to manage screen: 1
compiz: Failed to load slide: freedesktop
compiz: Couldn't load plugin 'kde-window-decorator'

Any ideas?

WulfNStein 07-06-2007 06:54 AM

is compiz running?

to test, hold down alt and click anywhere on a window and drag it around. if it starts wobbeling compiz is up

the kde-window-decorator plugin is only for people running kde. if you're running something else the 'kde' part will be different. (ie. gnome-window-decorator)

dive 07-06-2007 07:59 AM

Yes it's running and I'm using kde. No title bars though.

msantinho 07-06-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

No title bars though.
Same here. Isn't Beryl or Emerald - or something else - missing?

dive 07-06-2007 09:36 AM

Beryl is a different wm. Emerald is part of Beryl which is (was) a fork of the Compiz project. Now Compiz and Beryl have reunited to form Compiz Fusion.

randomsel 07-06-2007 01:01 PM

Same problem, no titlebars

Quote:

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator
compiz: Failed to load slide: freedesktop
compiz: Couldn't load plugin 'kde-window-decorator'
The second error is kinda easy to understand, but don't know what the first one means...

anyone running an nvidia series 7 card got compiz to work with KDE?

raska 07-06-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WulfNStein
to save you all the hassel that i went through trying to get compiz running all you have to do is open up a console and enter this...

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &

and viola, you have a working compiz


[edit] that's supposed to be 1 line btw

It should be 2 lines, because kde-window-decorator & should be an external command, not a compiz plugin.

dive 07-06-2007 06:02 PM

That works :)

randomsel 07-06-2007 07:34 PM

Thanks a bunch raska

hrm, so make a .sh script in ~/.kde/Autostart with those commands? or is there a more Slack way of doing this?

Edit: Alt-Tab not working with compiz :(

Edit: Nevermind, it's working now (don't know what's different).

Edit: Seems multiple restart of compiz and kde-window-decorator will fix the alt-tab issue... What's happening here?

here's a list of effects and how to activate it (don't know if it's complete)

Anyone know how to set up skydome and top image on the cube for Slackware?

kholdstayr 07-06-2007 10:11 PM

I added that xorg.conf line and tried to test compiz really quickly while remaining in X (which the forums say you can do).

To test I typed:
compiz --replace &

This obviously won't set up any of the "cool" effects but should enable it just to see if it works.

Anyway, as expected, my window decorations disappeared.

I can't get them to reappear though because as soon as I type the compiz command my console window refuses to accept keyboard input and I can't switch to other windows. So, I can't type the other kde line to get my window decorations back.
I am basically stuck doing a three fingered X salute to get out of X.

I'll try messing around with the xinitrc file method of starting it up later.

raska 07-06-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kholdstayr
........
Anyway, as expected, my window decorations disappeared.

I can't get them to reappear though because as soon as I type the compiz command my console window refuses to accept keyboard input and I can't switch to other windows. So, I can't type the other kde line to get my window decorations back.
I am basically stuck doing a three fingered X salute to get out of X.

I'll try messing around with the xinitrc file method of starting it up later.

That's why you need the kde-window-decorator after the compiz --replace <bunch of plugins as your heart's content> command.

Looks like every now and then the kde-window-decorator crashes without notice and leaves the desktop unusable like you just described it. I have managed to work around this by typing [Alt]+[F2] to bring up the Execute command dialog and I fire again the kde-window-decorator from there, fixing up the windows.

Though, if anyone knows a better method, i.e. to somehow autorespawn the kde-window-decorator, please share the info ;)

kholdstayr 07-07-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raska
That's why you need the kde-window-decorator after the compiz --replace <bunch of plugins as your heart's content> command.

Looks like every now and then the kde-window-decorator crashes without notice and leaves the desktop unusable like you just described it. I have managed to work around this by typing [Alt]+[F2] to bring up the Execute command dialog and I fire again the kde-window-decorator from there, fixing up the windows.

Though, if anyone knows a better method, i.e. to somehow autorespawn the kde-window-decorator, please share the info ;)

The kde-window-decorator doesn't want to work for me at all. I was just doing some tests and it will not start up and give me my window decorations back. If I try your Alt-2 trick the command box pops up but it won't accept keyboard input.

I found out though that if I type into it it will still receive the keyboard commands, it just won't show them. Still, the kde-window-decorator won't bring back the decorations.

janhe 07-07-2007 05:22 PM

I used a script to start compiz.
Guess where I found it?
a thread on the LinuxQuestions Slackware forum

This works fine for me

Caifan_Morriz 07-08-2007 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomsel
Anyone know how to set up skydome and top image on the cube for Slackware?

I'm also trying to set the top and bottom images to the cube... anyone knows how?

Carpo 07-08-2007 07:15 AM

i have tried everything in this thread and still i cant get it to work - might have something to do with the 32meg onbaord ati card in my laptop ;)

kholdstayr 07-09-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpo
i have tried everything in this thread and still i cant get it to work - might have something to do with the 32meg onbaord ati card in my laptop ;)

Yeah, I am using a laptop too with a low end Intel card that uses standard system RAM for its video memory.

ErV 07-09-2007 11:20 AM

Well, thanks a lot for the instructions. I've stumbled upon this thread accidentally, tried compiz, and i must say this thing is amazing (don't think I could run something like that on my machine). :) However, there are some problems:
1) Compiz ignores shortcuts for switching to another desktop. I'm using this funcionality a lot, so it's a pity :(
2) Switching to a text console and then back to a graphical desktop hung my system badly - i had only black screen and mouse cursor (It looks like windows were actually present on the screen but were not visible). I've tried to kill X-server, but that also disabled keyboard so I had to reset computer (because I couldn't do anything) :) No data was lost, though.

Anyway, this thing is great :).

atkfossiili 07-19-2007 07:50 AM

I have Slackware 12, Nvidia GeForce 6200 display card and a working Nvidia proprietary driver installed. I hope I could have Beryl/Compiz effects in Slackware to demonstrate Linux goodies to my friends.

I started applying advice from http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/I...l_on_Slackware
but that did not work for me, although I started a discussion in
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...Beryl%2FCompiz
but I got advice to look here.

I have read carefully what is written in this thread. Until recently I have added to /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Quote:

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "enable"
EndSection
Then I gave the following command in the terminal:
Code:

bash-3.1$ su
Password:
bash-3.1# compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom
No protocol specified
compiz: Couldn't open display :0

I know those fine Compiz/Beryl effects are a "mowing target" i.e. under development. So to find working advice how to install them could be very difficult. Do I have any hope:confused:

SCerovec 07-19-2007 10:42 AM

For Nvidia proprietary driver users:
Quote:

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true" makes window borders work.
Option "TripleBuffer" "true" gives more fluid graphics
just for the record ;-)

SCerovec 07-20-2007 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atkfossiili
Code:

bash-3.1$ su
Password:
bash-3.1# compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom
No protocol specified
compiz: Couldn't open display :0


Regarding my experience one can't expect to 'su' and to connect to the running X of any user.
to connect to X one has either be the 'X running user' or to disable all security checks of X (which is unwise...)
So either drop that 'su' switching and start compiz as normal user, or just wait for compiz to become mainstream...
:-)

atkfossiili 07-20-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCerovec
drop that 'su' switching and start compiz as normal user,

Thank you:)
Now
Code:

bash-3.1$ kde-window-decorator &
[1] 4038
bash-3.1$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom
compiz: No GLXFBConfig for depth 32
compiz: No GLXFBConfig for depth 32
compiz: No GLXFBConfig for depth 32
compiz: Failed to load slide: freedesktop

And now I have the floting windows and desktop qube:D

Still the KDE-desktop is a bit strange. For ex. the pager squares on the panel and it is not possible to change the size of the windows. But let's see!

atkfossiili 07-20-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCerovec
For Nvidia proprietary driver users:

In which Section of /etc/xorg.conf should I add:
Quote:

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true" - makes window borders work.
Option "TripleBuffer" "true" -gives more fluid graphics

SCerovec 07-21-2007 02:54 AM

the clue ;-)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by atkfossiili
In which Section of /etc/xorg.conf should I add:

In the Device section of the nvidia card: right below the line with "nvidia" driver option

atkfossiili 07-21-2007 08:35 AM

Now I have added to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Quote:

Section "Device"
#VideoRam 256
# Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
Identifier "NVIDIA GeForce 6200"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "enable"
EndSection

BCarey 07-21-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErV
1) Compiz ignores shortcuts for switching to another desktop. I'm using this funcionality a lot, so it's a pity :(

Ctl-Alt-Left/Right will switch between Desktops/Workspaces.

Brian

Nikosis 07-21-2007 02:58 PM

I've got a problem with compiz it shows me same messages
Code:

compiz: Couldn't open display
Code:

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &
[1] 8529
root@hcl:/etc/X11# compiz: Couldn't open display

[1]+  Exit 1                  compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator

Thx

randomsel 07-21-2007 03:05 PM

Run compiz as a normal user instead of root. If you don't have a regular user account, you should create one, because it's really, really, really, and I mean really good practice to use root only for system administration purposes.

Nikosis 07-21-2007 03:12 PM

It works Thanks, wow that was easy, can you tell me why it does't work on root
Thx

randomsel 07-21-2007 03:34 PM

Well, on my machine, when I try to run something from terminal as root (su, then gvim /etc/rc.d/rc.local), it can't open the display because my normal user is using it. It'd work if I did sudo gvim /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

But then again, might not be your case.

Nikosis 07-21-2007 03:41 PM

Thanks, got one more question, I just started to use compiz so I don't know much about it
Can you tell why it shows me only one wallpaper on my all six desktops, and where are top navigation buttons ?
Thx

Ps. Another thing - my supercarramba disappears
PS2. is there configuration file for it, and how can I get back to my previous configuration (witout compiz)?

randomsel 07-21-2007 04:57 PM

compiz is not really mature yet, and the version that comes with slackware has a few very anoying things they need to fix still (video going black after Ctrl-Alt-F6, needing X reboot; bad/no unicode support for the titlebars; lack of documentation for the configuration plugin, etc), but I still use it because it's just so nice.

Check out this thread for more information on how to configure it.

thekid 08-31-2007 07:32 PM

Wow, thanks to everyone and the information here I was able to get compiz running on my machine with very little effort, and does it ever look pretty. I do need to upgrade to a faster CPU (1.4Ghz just doesn't cut it anymore) but it runs fairly well. I love this place!!

Tux-Slack 09-01-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikosis (Post 2831991)
I've got a problem with compiz it shows me same messages
Code:

compiz: Couldn't open display
Code:

compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &
[1] 8529
root@hcl:/etc/X11# compiz: Couldn't open display

[1]+  Exit 1                  compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator

Thx

I tried this as an user but I get these errors:
Code:

compiz: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz: No manageable screens found on display :0.0


thekid 09-01-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tux-Slack (Post 2877708)
I tried this as an user but I get these errors:
Code:

compiz: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz: No manageable screens found on display :0.0


What are you using, KDE, Gnome, XFCE, etc?

BCarey 09-01-2007 01:08 PM

I've been using compiz with gnome, and I just turned it on in KDE. Everything seems to work fine except the Desktop Pager applet. For some reason the 4 panels are displayed extremely wide so that it runs far off the edge of my screen. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Oh, and if I delete it and reload it, it shows as if there were 15+ desktops even though there aren't.

Thanks,
Brian

thekid 09-01-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCarey (Post 2877953)
I've been using compiz with gnome, and I just turned it on in KDE. Everything seems to work fine except the Desktop Pager applet. For some reason the 4 panels are displayed extremely wide so that it runs far off the edge of my screen. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Oh, and if I delete it and reload it, it shows as if there were 15+ desktops even though there aren't.

Thanks,
Brian

Yeah, desktop pager does that too, but it doesn't run off the screen. Probably due to the widescreen monitor.

Tux-Slack 09-01-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid (Post 2877744)
What are you using, KDE, Gnome, XFCE, etc?

KDE, but I've learned that my graphics card isn't supported.

T3slider 09-02-2007 09:33 PM

Tux-Slack, instead of using
Code:

$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &
you should use the following (two DIFFERENT commands):
Code:

$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom &
$ kde-window-decorator &

That should work (after some playing). For some reason compiz doesn't always work the first time for me using the exact same commands, but once you get it running properly it automatically starts upon each KDE session.

BCarey, the pager problem is a KDE bug. There's an attempt at fixing this problem from http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=46021 but it is too buggy for me. I personally just start compiz using the "--ignore-desktop-hints" switch (use that switch before the "--replace xxx yyy ..." stuff) and it solves the problem well enough for me (although you can no longer 'Send to desktop x' using that switch -- however, you can drag windows along the cube to another desktop).

Slacker_Rex 09-02-2007 10:11 PM

Some Of The Same Problems
 
After reading the threads and getting over a few issues, I finally got Compiz loaded (once). The trick for me was to preface the command with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true. When I did that Compiz came up, although I still received a Window Decoration Error" and running (and switching the windows looked really cool) but the problem was there was no longer a way to minimize any of the windows. I finally did just send them to another desktop, and that was alright, but other than closing them I couldn't do anything with them. Also, some programs (terminals) would not accept any text input.

The scary part was that I ended up having to kill X with Ctrl-Alt-Bksp and when I restarted it the same problems (no text input, no window controls (resize, minimize, maximize) were available (I did NOT restart Compiz). I would like to get Compiz up and running, should do it as a 'dumb' (testing) user account first? I ended up getting my X back to normal by re-running the script to set up KDE as my window manager again. This laptop has all of my School work on it, and I can't afford to mess it up too bad (software wise).

My first question is how do you turn compiz off once you get it started (if it only starts halfway as it did)?

I also get an error in my X logs that states

(EE) intel(0): I830 Vblank Pipe Setup Failed 0

I saw this when I had to kill the server, so that leads me to believe that the although the error occurred it did not prevent Compiz from running but I suspect that error played into some of it's limited functionality.

Thanks for all the help guys, this place is great, and so is this thread.

T3slider 09-02-2007 11:48 PM

To stop compiz once it's started, type
Code:

$ kwin --replace &
to return KDE to normal.

If you can't enter text in a console (this has happened to me -- if compiz screws up the window decorations upon starting it, sometimes Konsole or other terminals can't get focus) switch to another terminal (if you're using runlevel 3 -- I'm unfamiliar with the terminal setup in runlevel 4), login and enter
Code:

$ DISPLAY=:0.0 kwin --replace &
and that should do the trick (note that if you're doing something odd with X your display may not be 0.0 -- change this accordingly).

To solve this problem you must type
Code:

$ kde-window-decorator &
after starting compiz to get the titlebar etc. back (although this doesn't work 100% of the time for me for some reason -- you may have to play around and start compiz and attempt to use "kde-window-decorator &" to replace the titlebars a few times, use "kwin --replace &" to return to normal and try again. You may also have to restart X if something really screws up).

Overall I've found compiz to be a real pain to set up, but once it's running it does it's job (although if I switch to another terminal and switch back X is rendered unusable and I have to issue "kwin --replace" from another terminal to restore the X session).

Hope that helps -- if not, sorry.

Tux-Slack 09-03-2007 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3slider (Post 2879224)
Tux-Slack, instead of using
Code:

$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom kde-window-decorator &
you should use the following (two DIFFERENT commands):
Code:

$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom &
$ kde-window-decorator &

That should work (after some playing). For some reason compiz doesn't always work the first time for me using the exact same commands, but once you get it running properly it automatically starts upon each KDE session.

BCarey, the pager problem is a KDE bug. There's an attempt at fixing this problem from http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=46021 but it is too buggy for me. I personally just start compiz using the "--ignore-desktop-hints" switch (use that switch before the "--replace xxx yyy ..." stuff) and it solves the problem well enough for me (although you can no longer 'Send to desktop x' using that switch -- however, you can drag windows along the cube to another desktop).

Nope, not working:
Code:

compiz: No GLXFBConfig for default depth, this isn't going to work.
compiz: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz: No manageable screens found on display :0.0


T3slider 09-03-2007 12:49 PM

What is the output of
Code:

glxinfo | grep direct
It looks like you may not have direct rendering properly enabled (although I may be wrong). What video card do you have? If it's ATI you may have to do some fiddling to get dri working. If it's an nVidia card, you'll have to download and install the nVidia drivers.

Dri is enabled in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, so you may have to manually adjust that. There are several other threads on getting dri to work if that is the problem (it may not be).

T3slider 09-04-2007 10:36 PM

I've just (finally) solved all of my compiz problems by installing CCSM, the CompizConfig Settings Manager. I didn't want to install gconf so it took a little while to get things done. The documentation is incredibly crappy and that's why it's taken me so long to actually figure anything out. I upgraded my compiz to the new compiz fusion using packages from here: http://releases.compiz-fusion.org/0.5.2/

I made SlackBuilds for all of it (but I think slacky.eu has slackbuilds for everything also). Install in the following order:

compiz/compiz-0.5.2
libcompizconfig-0.5.2
compiz-bcop-0.5.2
compiz-fusion-plugins-main-0.5.2
compiz-fusion-plugins-extra-0.5.2
compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported-0.5.2
compizconfig-python-0.5.2
ccsm-0.5.2

I was missing ccsm when I tried before and the ini backend made it very difficult to configure since the plugins had to be in a very specific (and undocumented) order.

Note that for ccsm you need pygobject, pycairo, pygtk and Pyrex (you should install them in that order). There are SlackBuilds for all of those except Pyrex at slackbuilds.org. I made a slackbuild for Pyrex but there is one at slacky.eu.

Then, to start compiz, use the following:
Code:

compiz --ignore-desktop-hints --replace ccp &
The --ignore-desktop-hints is there to avoid the mess that is KDE's pager when working with compiz (you lose some functionality here though -- you can no longer send to a specific desktop [you must drag it instead or use one of the compiz plugins] and applications from ALL desktops [or viewports I guess] are shown on the taskbar). If you lose your title bars and such, type the following:
Code:

kde-window-decorator &
Then open ccsm (it was automatically placed in "K>Settings>CompizConfig Settings Manager" for me, but you can open it from a console by typing "ccsm &").

Play around with all the pretty plugins. The only thing missing from this setup is the 3D plugin which allows the windows to pop off the desktop when rotating. That plugin is apparently being rewritten and is therefore absent from this release. I hope your experiences with compiz are better than mine. :)

1337ln 09-06-2007 10:13 PM

ugh, I have the latest Nvidia driver for my card (Nvidia GeForce2 MX400) and nothing I try here helps, I end up losing window borders and having no effects from Compiz. I am running Slackware 12 and haven't added anything to the means of Compiz just yet, but will if I have to (I hate tainting Slackware =/)

anyway glxgears | grep direct tells me I have direct rendering enabled and my device section of xorg.conf looks like...

Code:

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Nvidia GeForce2 MX400"
    Driver        "nvidia"
    Option        "AddARGBGLXVisuals"  "true"
    Option        "TripleBuffer"      "true"
EndSection

and the command I'm running looks like
Code:

$ compiz --replace decoration wobbly fade minimize cube move place resize rotate scale switcher water zoom &
$ kde-window-decorator &

and the crap its giving me looks like
Code:

compiz: Another window manager is already running on screen: 0
compiz: No manageable screens found on display :0

i just reset the DISPLAY variable to get borders back like so
Code:

DISPLAY=:0.0 kwin --replace
anyway, any help is great help at this point
thanks a bunchh


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.