LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Slackware (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/)
-   -   All Things KDE5/Plasma for Slackware Users. (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/all-things-kde5-plasma-for-slackware-users-4175670109/)

Svoboda 03-08-2020 06:49 AM

I'm noticing quite a concerning issue with the update I just made to 5.18.1, I've lost the permission to connect or disconnect from wireless networks, a pop-up just says org.freedesktop.NetworkManager-control request failed : not authorized

And I've got no bloody idea of how to fix that pesky error...

Anyone ?

cwizardone 03-08-2020 02:51 PM

The latest bux fixes and improvement,

https://pointieststick.com/2020/03/0...ess-bugfixing/

enine 03-09-2020 12:42 PM

I've noticed that Dolphin is still a little slow when working with NFS mounts. It will still freeze up for a while but seems to eventually come back where before it would sometimes freeze and never recover.

I'm still missing a lot of the KDE3 features I used to use, wish they could put some back.

enine 03-09-2020 04:11 PM

What is the trick to run a shell script from Dolphin? its a .sh, made executable, etc but nothing happens.

Mobile1 03-09-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svoboda (Post 6098353)
I'm noticing quite a concerning issue with the update I just made to 5.18.1, I've lost the permission to connect or disconnect from wireless networks, a pop-up just says org.freedesktop.NetworkManager-control request failed : not authorized

And I've got no bloody idea of how to fix that pesky error...

Anyone ?

Did you run slackpkg install-new ....as there is a new package NetworkManager requires: libnma-1.8.28-x86_64-1.txz

This is the NetworkManager GUI client library, which was previously
provided by network-manager-applet. It's now a standalone project, and
is required by network-manager-applet and other NetworkManager frontends.

gdiazlo 03-10-2020 03:26 AM

I have a problem with Kamoso application (using latest ktown). seems it requieres wrappercamerabinsrc gstreamer component, but the slackware provided gstreamer does not have it.

The error message I get from kamoso is:

$ kamoso
Icon theme "Papirus" not found.
Icon theme "Yaru" not found.
[W][000122080.800226][module-rtkit.c:499 idle_func()] could not make thread realtime: No such file or directory
new device "HP Webcam HD-2200: HP Webcam HD" "/sys/devices/pci0000:40/0000:40:01.1/0000:41:00.0/0000:42:08.0/0000:47:00.3/usb9/9-4/9-4:1.0/video4linux/video0" "/dev/video0"
Playing device changed "/dev/video0"
qrc:/qml/Mode.qml:5:28: Invalid property assignment: string expected - Assigning null to incompatible properties in QML is deprecated. This will become a compile error in future versions of Qt.
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:57:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "actions"
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:57:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "actions"
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/ToolBarPageHeader.qml:57:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "actions"
Icon theme "Papirus" not found.
Icon theme "Yaru" not found.
error: no element "bulge"
error: no element "frei0r-filter-cartoon"
error: no element "frei0r-filter-twolay0r"
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:126: TypeError: Cannot read property 'globalToolBarStyle' of null
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:71:17: Unable to assign [undefined] to QQmlListProperty<QObject>
file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:62:13: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
The webcam controller was unable to find or load wrappercamerabinsrc plugin; please make sure all required gstreamer plugins are installed.
Unrecoverable error occurred when initializing webcam. Exiting.

The webcam works in firefox.

The commands:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -m camerabin
gst-launch-1.0 -v -m wrappercamerabinsrc

Return an error like:

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "..."

Does it work for you?

Alien Bob 03-10-2020 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdiazlo (Post 6099052)
I have a problem with Kamoso application (using latest ktown). seems it requieres wrappercamerabinsrc gstreamer component, but the slackware provided gstreamer does not have it.

This is part of gstreamer-plugins-bad which will never be part of Slackware. You can install it yourself and recompile kamoso.

gdiazlo 03-10-2020 06:00 AM

Their documentation might be out of date, reading from https://github.com/KDE/kamoso, they say they depend on good and base only, but the component in gstreamer (https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/do...?gi-language=c) state it is from bad plugin package.

:(

bassmadrigal 03-10-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdiazlo (Post 6099088)
Their documentation might be out of date, reading from https://github.com/KDE/kamoso, they say they depend on good and base only, but the component in gstreamer (https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/do...?gi-language=c) state it is from bad plugin package.

:(

You bring up a good point. It's highly likely that the README is out of date since it hasn't been updated in 9 years and it looks like wrappercamerabinsrc started getting used in Nov 2014 (5 1/2 years ago).

cwizardone 03-15-2020 07:30 AM

The most recent bux fixes and improvement,

https://pointieststick.com/2020/03/1...tray-and-more/

Svoboda 03-15-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobile1 (Post 6098922)
Did you run slackpkg install-new ....as there is a new package NetworkManager requires: libnma-1.8.28-x86_64-1.txz

This is the NetworkManager GUI client library, which was previously
provided by network-manager-applet. It's now a standalone project, and
is required by network-manager-applet and other NetworkManager frontends.

Actually I did, turns out another package was missing, I installed it and it fixed the issue, although it was a week a go and I don't remember which one it was again, oh well...

cwizardone 03-15-2020 09:10 AM

AlienBob has outlined the latest changes to his KTown repository and a few other items,

https://alien.slackbook.org/blog/upd...jdk7-and-more/

cwizardone 03-22-2020 08:00 AM

The most recent bug fixes and improvements,

https://pointieststick.com/2020/03/2...rt-rolling-in/

cwizardone 03-29-2020 10:35 AM

This last week's bug fixes, improvements and new features,

https://pointieststick.com/2020/03/2...-new-features/

enine 03-29-2020 05:05 PM

I think there may be an issue in some of the latest. I updated AlienBoB's and then did a slackpkg upgrade-all (having AB's blacklisted) and got a hard lock trying to startx. I reformatted and reinstalled -current and AlienBob's latest and still locked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.