Thanks for uploading it so quick. I still ran into some problems building on the stable branch. However, I figured out why libva was failing to build. At the end of the build for libva, it failed with this error:
/usr/lib/libGL.so could not read symbols file in wrong format
I remember having that issue with some other package before and it ended up being caused by the NVIDIA binary driver. Most of the time, I chose to include the 32-bit library which is what causes the issue. I went ahead and remove libGL.so from /usr/lib to another location and now libva built correctly. The vlc script is still running with no errors so far. I am pretty sure that it will build now.
Anyway, just wanted to pass that along for any other users that run into the same problem.