LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Synderesis
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 24

Rep: Reputation: 0
ADB on Slackware


Just wondering if anyone else is developing apps for Android on Slackware? I'm hoping to try my hand at it soon, but for some reason, I can't get "adb devices" to show my device. It just displays a blank line.

When I use lsusb, my device is shown though so I don't see what's wrong. Mounting on Slackware has always been somewhat of a nightmare for me, so that might be what's going wrong here. Anyone have any idea?
 
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
MS3FGX
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2004
Location: NJ, USA
Distribution: Slackware, Debian
Posts: 5,852

Rep: Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361
Have you added the appropriate lines to the UDEV rules, or else started the ADB server as root? By default, the device will not be accessible by a normal user account, so it wouldn't show up under "adb devices" even if it was properly detected.
 
Old 05-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
skriatok
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3FGX View Post
Have you added the appropriate lines to the UDEV rules, or else started the ADB server as root? By default, the device will not be accessible by a normal user account, so it wouldn't show up under "adb devices" even if it was properly detected.
have same problem... adb running on multilibrary system... lsusb is showing my phone but adb devices is clear
udev rules applied
 
Old 05-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Alien Bob
Slackware Contributor
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 8,559

Rep: Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095
You have to start the adb server as root if you are unable to get a device listing using "adb devices". I have to do so myself.

For instance, when I run "adb devices" I get this output:
Code:
$ adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached 
????????????    no permissions
Then, run this:
Code:
$ adb kill-server
$ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
SH226TJ00810    device
Eric
 
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
skriatok
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Bob View Post
You have to start the adb server as root if you are unable to get a device listing using "adb devices". I have to do so myself.

For instance, when I run "adb devices" I get this output:
Code:
$ adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached 
????????????    no permissions
Then, run this:
Code:
$ adb kill-server
$ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

$ adb devices
List of devices attached 
SH226TJ00810    device
Eric
aye! done that... so again:

phone htc desire s (saga)
is showing different lsusb when fastboot or when conected normaly running (that's normal)
when normaly running adb does notice the phone, once in fastboot mode adb devices is blank not even permission problem
 
Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
Alien Bob
Slackware Contributor
 
Registered: Sep 2005
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 8,559

Rep: Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095Reputation: 8095
Ah, you did not give us dull details in your first post then!
The "adb devices" does not work for devices which are in fastboot mode. Instead you should use the commmand "fastboot devices" to get a listing of the attached device when it is in fastboot mode.

Eric
 
Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
skriatok
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 23

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Bob View Post
Ah, you did not give us dull details in your first post then!
The "adb devices" does not work for devices which are in fastboot mode. Instead you should use the commmand "fastboot devices" to get a listing of the attached device when it is in fastboot mode.

Eric
Erick cheers... Thank you... Once again detailed info is a detailed info... I'll improve thank you...

SOLVED for me
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help installing HTC MAGIC for adb evrgreen Linux - Hardware 0 07-24-2009 07:52 PM
LXer: Making Slackware and Slackware Derivative Linux Distros Speak Your Language LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 01-29-2009 01:30 AM
About Slackware 9.1 boot disk?? ftp://ftp.kpn.be/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-9.1-is AL3OMDAH Slackware 4 04-18-2007 10:54 AM
adb mouse-yes/usb mouse-no. Why? jgoforth Linux - Newbie 0 03-22-2006 12:17 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration