LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2023, 12:07 AM   #16
RandomTroll

Distribution: Slackware

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 270Reputation: 270Reputation: 270

When I went to bed last night I started transcription of a file with 2 processors and 4 threads. 7 hours later whisper had transcribed 562 seconds. I started whisper again at that point with 1 processor and 2 threads. whisper transcribed the remaining 2821 seconds in 5 hours - while I was using the computer for other purposes.

I thought it was slower with more threads and processors but this time I measured.

Old 03-06-2023, 10:36 PM   #17
RandomTroll

Distribution: Slackware

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 270Reputation: 270Reputation: 270
Last night's transcription took 3 hours and identified the whole program as music, which it isn't. The first 50 seconds is, which seemed to prime Whisper to expect music, or threw its synchronization off, or something. I started it again at 50 seconds and it did its usual job of transcribing the program.