LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2022, 08:00 AM   #1
propcuser

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question I need help installing APFS-FUSE in Cubic

https://github.com/sgan81/apfs-fuse

Cubic is a ubuntu application to create custom ubuntu images...

https://ostechnix.com/how-to-create-...ge-with-cubic/

If I follow the conventional way ( apfs-fuse-install.sh ) to install Apfs-Fuse in Cubic as if it was an ordinary system it throws errors...

I somehow cannot find any guides on the internet concerning this.. Please Help!

Last edited by propcuser; 03-22-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:13 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by propcuser View Post
https://github.com/sgan81/apfs-fuse

Cubic is a ubuntu application to create custom ubuntu images...

https://ostechnix.com/how-to-create-...ge-with-cubic/

If I follow the conventional way ( apfs-fuse-install.sh ) to install Apfs-Fuse in Cubic as if it was an ordinary system it throws errors...I somehow cannot find any guides on the internet concerning this.. Please Help!
Since you don't tell us what version/distro of Linux you're using (guessing Ubuntu), or what these errors actually are, what do you think we can tell you?? Provide details, and we can try to help.

In your other thread, you claim to be "Linux illiterate":
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...al-4175709289/

...yet have been using Linux for nine years now.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
propcuser

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Since you don't tell us what version/distro of Linux you're using (guessing Ubuntu), or what these errors actually are, what do you think we can tell you?? Provide details, and we can try to help.

In your other thread, you claim to be "Linux illiterate":
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...al-4175709289/

...yet have been using Linux for nine years now.
Yes it is Ubuntu Latest (version 20)
I was first introduced to Linux since nine years and registered in this forum.. This doesnt mean that I actively maintain advancement regarding any linux distro, I simply use it for exactly what I need and then forget about it.. Why the negative thoughts??
I do not remember the errors, all I know is that I'm probably doing it wrong because I saw a tutorial video about Cubic and when installing packages he used the command
Code:
wget -q -0
which isn't associated with the conventional way of installing it according to the link I provided..
But since you insist on the error I will reproduce it for you:

Quote:
Unable to resolve host Cubic: Temporary failure in name resolution
E: Unable to locate package fuse3
E: Unable to locate package libfuse3-dev

Old 03-22-2022, 10:02 AM   #4
propcuser

Original Poster
At the moment I am following this

guide

Ill let you know how it turns out..

Old 03-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by propcuser View Post
Yes it is Ubuntu Latest (version 20)
I was first introduced to Linux since nine years and registered in this forum.. This doesnt mean that I actively maintain advancement regarding any linux distro, I simply use it for exactly what I need and then forget about it.. Why the negative thoughts??
No 'negative thoughts' at all...but someone who has been using Linux for nine years certainly isn't 'Linux illiterate'.
Quote:
I do not remember the errors, all I know is that I'm probably doing it wrong because I saw a tutorial video about Cubic and when installing packages he used the command
Code:
wget -q -0
which isn't associated with the conventional way of installing it according to the link I provided..
But since you insist on the error I will reproduce it for you:
Code:
Unable to resolve host Cubic: Temporary failure in name resolution
E: Unable to locate package fuse3
E: Unable to locate package libfuse3-dev
We 'insist' on the error, because we aren't going to guess as to what may or may not have occurred. That is like calling an auto mechanic and saying "I have a light on the dashboard, what could be the problem?" Without knowing what kind of car/model or what light, what do you think anyone is going to be able to tell you??? Since you just use Linux and 'forget about it', it's odd that you want to create a custom bootable ISO image.

Again, you aren't telling us what you typed in to actually produce the error, and we still can't guess. We have no idea what video you watched (or why, since you posted a clear how to guide), or how wget comes into play. Follow the steps in the document you already posted a link to, and it should work. It tells you what to type in to add the repositories, and how to use the program.

If not, you (again) need to tell us what you typed in, what the message(s)/error(s) you got after you tried that command, etc.

Old 03-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #6
propcuser

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
No 'negative thoughts' at all...but someone who has been using Linux for nine years certainly isn't 'Linux illiterate'.

We 'insist' on the error, because we aren't going to guess as to what may or may not have occurred. That is like calling an auto mechanic and saying "I have a light on the dashboard, what could be the problem?" Without knowing what kind of car/model or what light, what do you think anyone is going to be able to tell you??? Since you just use Linux and 'forget about it', it's odd that you want to create a custom bootable ISO image.

Again, you aren't telling us what you typed in to actually produce the error, and we still can't guess. We have no idea what video you watched (or why, since you posted a clear how to guide), or how wget comes into play. Follow the steps in the document you already posted a link to, and it should work. It tells you what to type in to add the repositories, and how to use the program.

If not, you (again) need to tell us what you typed in, what the message(s)/error(s) you got after you tried that command, etc.
Thanks for your follow up..
The guide did actually work , I only used this one too after an error came up.. cubic

Tags
ubuntu