LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2019, 03:32 AM   #1
gregors

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Thumbs down xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin doesn't work anymore

Hi there,

I knew there would be something that doesn't change with pulseaudio: It seems that there still is no documentation for pulseaudio. Except for

https://freedesktop.org/software/pul...#documentation

which states that there must exist a tool "paprefs", which - of course - doesn't exist on my Slackware system.

Since the volume control via the panel and the keys on my keyboard (Cherry Stream 3.0) stopped working some day (I really can't imagine why) I would like to make it work again. In /etc/pulse/* I didn't find anything that looks like it could help.

Do you know what I can try?

TIA

Gregor

Old 03-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
orbea

Distribution: Slackware64-current

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
No idea if this will help, but paprefs is available at SBo.

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/audio/paprefs/

Old 03-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
Tonus

Distribution: Slackware-15.0

Rep: Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514Reputation: 514
xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin doesn't work anymore

If you have a tool to assign a command to the keys, you could launch the appropriate commands

Code:

amixer -D pulse sset Master 5%+
 amixer -D pulse sset Master 5%-

Last edited by Tonus; 03-24-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #4
freemedia2018

Distribution: various automated remasters

Rep: Reputation: 208Reputation: 208Reputation: 208
I often just run ps aux, check the command line that runs it, then run the same command line as the same user to restart it.

In Lennart's world, nothing works with the reliability of a server, and you fix everything by restarting it. If that doesn't work, you file a bug report and they tell you "it's a feature" and mark it WONTFIX. It's a lot like the good old days with Bill, except with endless updates instead of subscriptions. Special thanks to Mozilla for making the only application I need that requires this garbage.

Code:
ps aux | grep puls