LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Red Hat
User Name
Password
Red Hat This forum is for the discussion of Red Hat Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2018, 01:30 AM   #1
wags2272
LQ Newbie

Distribution: RHEL

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
How to configure Vino for VNC session to local user desktop

I have a laptop with a broken display the but the vga out is still working. I've loaded it with Centos 7 and want to use it as a media player - vnc and netflix. I'm trying to set it up for remote access using VNC. I can access it via virtual desktops, but not the local user desktop that shows on the monitor. Last configuration steps I made progress with was to disable encryption on Vino, but still can't get to the local user desktop.

Thanks for any assistance you're able to provide.

Wags

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off