LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password
LQ Suggestions & Feedback Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #76
jefro

Rep: Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623Reputation: 3623

Now the sound they make in the old Dragnet TV show. Dummm dum dummm dumm.

Might wish to argue with root in a PM and not in public?

Old 05-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #77
cynwulf

Rep: Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367
Well unlike some, this forum factors pretty low in my list of priorities, so at this stage I'll just bow out. It's been entertaining...

Old 05-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #78
dugan
LQ Guru

Distribution: distro hopper

Rep: Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trihexagonal View Post
Remember my friend pompus ninja? I haven't seen him around for quite a while here or the FreeBSD forums where we're also friends.

I'm sure everybody is familiar with his threads here and in other forums. Nobody liked him and most thought he was a bot. I knew he wasn't and playing a game called Bait the Trap. Not malevolent, just irritating people for the fun of it. Doing a bang-up job of it, too.

I called him on it, told him he was really a pretty smart guy IMO and wasting his time and talent on this. All true. I do like him and can relate to him. He has potential. A kind word and a little friendly guidance was what he needed, and once he got it seems to have moved on to more productive endeavors.

Which isn't applicable in every situation by any means.
Oh, speaking of pomous_ninja....

he's back.

My guess is that he received a long suspension and it just expired.

I can't believe he wasn't permbanned.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #79
Trihexagonal

Rep: Reputation: 334Reputation: 334Reputation: 334Reputation: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
Oh, speaking of pomous_ninja....

he's back.

My guess is that he received a long suspension and it just expired.

I can't believe he wasn't permbanned.
I saw his post to ChuangTzu on May 30th. I don't know what that's over and personally I like ChuangTzu.

I did not speak with him till a post in the FreeBSD forums June 1st and I think his response most relevant. I won't post a link, but he only has a few posts and it's in the Off-Topic sub-forum if you're interested.

He has told me he will not troll any Linux forums again, has never lied to me and always treated me with the same courtesy and respect I've shown him. He has not posted anywhere I'm aware of since the 1st and kept his word to the best of my knowledge.

I see redeemable qualities in him other do not, possibly because I can relate to him on a level others can't. He has agreed to allow me to mentor him, provide advise and guidance to further his development as a person, enhance his ability to deal with people on a more effective level and hopefully benefit from my experience.

I speak with him daily. He is receptive to advise, asks interesting and relevant questions and is quite reasonable. I am hoping to make a FreeBSD user out of him. He is most welcome among our Daemon clan and I plan to do everything in my power to help him as much as possible.

I don't hold any of his past deeds against him, don't pick my friends based on their popularity with others and would still be his friend no matter what else he does, as long as he treats me with the same respect I show him.

I am not, however, his boss and he has free will to make his own choices. I can only offer guidance. Yes, he had a little slip-up, but that was before I spoke with him the 1st and even I have my bad days.

Time will tell. I will not debate the issue further and don't mean to argue, I just wanted to make you aware apparently I was right all along:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trihexagonal View Post
A kind word and a little friendly guidance was what he needed...

2 members found this post helpful.