LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro New to LinuxQuestions.org? Been a long time member but never made a post? Introduce yourself here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
dangrmoose
LQ Newbie

Distribution: UbuntuMATE

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Hi, newbie testing out forums!

Hi there,

I am new here! Switched from Windoze after I bought a netbook with linux on it about 10 years ago and was blown away by the customisation options and how powerful the OS could make older/lower end hardware. I stayed with the netbook form and now use Raspberry Pi & GPD Pocket as my main computers.

I still know how to do very little on linux after all these years and when I have tried to reach out for help in the past, was generally underwhelmed by what I call "nerd tribal responses" - expert linux users who look down on you for not using CLI or generally lacking people skills.

I am looking forward to giving these forums a try for a different experience!

Old 01-12-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
linustalman
LQ Guru

Distribution: Debian 12 Bookworm

Rep: Reputation: 479Reputation: 479Reputation: 479Reputation: 479Reputation: 479
Smile

Greetings dangrmoose. 🦌