LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #31
wpeckham

Distribution: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, DSL, Puppy, CentOS, Knoppix, Mint-DE, Sparky, Vsido, tinycore, Q4OS

Rep: Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149Reputation: 1149

I really do not mind if you do not care to answer the question, it was just an idle thought.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:23 PM   #32
jsbjsb001

Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: CentOS at the time of this writing, but some others over the years too...

Rep: Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
As soon as Pres. Trump was elected the Democrats not only said they would not work with him, they have been trying ad nauseum to have him kicked out.
You're confusing two different things; whether or not Trump should be the president is a separate issue to the "border wall" funding. Whether the Democrats work with him or not is another issue. They wouldn't even be meeting with him if they were "refusing" to work with him.

Quote:
Even before the election Pres. Trump (then candidate) was asked in a debate if he would accept the results of the election if Hillary Clinton won. What a wonderfully telling and prophetic question.
What does this have to do with the "border wall" funding ?

Quote:
PS: Please don't forget that the real election fraud was committed by the Democrat Party when they rigged the primaries for Bernie Sanders to lose and Hillary to be the nominee no matter what the vote count tallies were.
Which is another issue again...

Did you vote for Trump or something?

Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #33
ondoho
LQ Addict

Rep: Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570Reputation: 2570
it's funny if the best one can say about trump is that "other presidents were also bad".

i can only shake my head at how the USA handles immigration, the fearmongering and misconceptions, the whole process probably gone off the rails sometime in the early last century.

things aren't rosy in Europe either, but at least people are dealing with it. meaning the immigrants, not how to shut them out.

and by the way, it is southern europe that often has to deal with the fallout of america's expansionist agressive politics.

Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #34
Sid95
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post
I tend to agree with you for the very most part. From what I can see; Trump "creates" a "crisis" and acts like he's the "savor", that's solved the "crisis" - that *HE* created to begin with.

He even said he'd shutdown the government if he didn't get his own way. That's not proper negotiation, that's blackmail. He's an idiot.
How true.

A fetus in a woman's womb has more maturity than Donald Trump

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #35
ChuangTzu

Distribution: Slackware/Salix, Devuan, FreeBSD

Rep: Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbjsb001 View Post

Did you vote for Trump or something?
No I did not, I stopped voting decades ago.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #36
ChuangTzu

Distribution: Slackware/Salix, Devuan, FreeBSD

Rep: Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoho View Post
it's funny if the best one can say about trump is that "other presidents were also bad".

i can only shake my head at how the USA handles immigration, the fearmongering and misconceptions, the whole process probably gone off the rails sometime in the early last century.

things aren't rosy in Europe either, but at least people are dealing with it. meaning the immigrants, not how to shut them out.

and by the way, it is southern europe that often has to deal with the fallout of america's expansionist agressive politics.
ondoho, its not to stop immigration, it is to slow down and try to prevent "illegal" immigration, theres a big difference. And yes, Europe has a similar problem, perhaps an even bigger problem since the welfare state provides more "free" things in the EU then it does in the US. How would the EU member states handle (just to throw out a number) providing services for 25 million people who never paid into them? What methods does the EU have/utilize to prevent/slow down the problem of illegal immigration? I am honestly curious.

Old Today, 12:54 AM   #37
jsbjsb001

Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: CentOS at the time of this writing, but some others over the years too...

Rep: Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid95 View Post
A fetus in a woman's womb has more maturity than Donald Trump
That's probably the best description of Trump I've seen not only in this thread, but probably anywhere...

Good description!

PS: I don't say any of what I've said above because I support the Democrats - I don't support any of the major parties where I live. I even told the government where I live that.