LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

View Poll Results: On 9/11, who and what brought down the World Trade Center?
Al Qaeda terrorists flying hijacked planes, following only Al Qaeda's plan 21 60.00%
Something else. 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #181
dugan
LQ Guru

Distribution: distro hopper

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319Reputation: 5319

Uh, Sundialsvcs, can you give us a point-by-point summary of what you think happened, focusing on the "Ws" (who, what, when)?

I have a good idea of what you think did not happen, but only a vague idea of what you think did happen (a private company planted explosives in buildings 1, 2, and 7 without anyone noticing, the fire department followed orders to stay away, etc).

Last edited by dugan; 11-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #182
sundialsvcs
LQ Guru

Distribution: Gentoo, LFS

Rep: Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938Reputation: 3938
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
Uh, Sundialsvcs, can you give us a point-by-point summary of what you think happened, focusing on the "Ws" (who, what, when)?

I have a good idea of what you think did not happen, but only a vague idea of what you think did happen (a private company planted explosives in buildings 1, 2, and 7 without anyone noticing, the fire department followed orders to stay away, etc).
Quite honestly, Dugan, "I don't have any idea."

Furthermore – "obviously, the Totality of this whole thing was So Much BIGGER than New York!" We had multiple simultaneous hijackings by people who had learned something about how to fly an airplane. We had clearly military targets as well as civilian ones. And, two airplanes "just happened" to crash into two (out of three) buildings that had been rigged with explosives. And the officials sure did seem to be acting strangely. And, oh yeah, "FEMA just happened to have arrived the day before."

I don't understand it all, and I will not profess to try.

My very-candid take on the matter is that there is quite-likely to be even more(!) to this awful puzzle that none of us have "a cucking floo" about. I sense that we are now peering, from the outside, through a veil of Secrecy which is able to conceal some things but of course not everything. And I am actually in support of that secrecy in this case.

And no, "this isn't a 'cop-out.'"

Last edited by sundialsvcs; 11-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.