LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2019, 04:26 AM   #16
business_kid
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware & Android

Rep: Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperFriborg View Post
I have found \b but don't understand \<blah>. But I gave up on "search and replace" after scasey wrote that I had to be done manually. And I have thousands of pages. What about considerations and questions in my last post.

Jesper
\<blah> = \<you look it up!> . \b sounds just fine. I reported a bug in LO, and I get arguments from them every 6 months or so but nobody's even done the basic test to confirm it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 AM   #17
JesperFriborg
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mint/MX

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Thank you Jan. I might do just that. To business kid and your irony over my incompetence. I can only confirm that it is so. I can't understand how a word-split, that I have been putting in myself, can be replaced by a CR and that that can be triggered by something else. I simply lack the sense of the context, being without programming skills. And if it is something that has to be done with every "-" apart it is, with scasey-concept, "too tedious". Will my reporting "this case" to LO be constituting the necessary documentation? Any second opinions? Shouldn't it be possible to address "my level"? Jesper

Last edited by JesperFriborg; 06-15-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #18
Jan K.
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 5
"Too tedious" is wildly understated!

I would downgrade to previous LibreOffice version...
Then I would raise the issue in LibreOffice forum, there's a danish here https://forum.liboforum.dk/

If no help, then I would file a bug report. Be sure you're able to recreate the issue.

Looking forward to hear the solution to this annoying behaviour.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #19
JesperFriborg
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mint/MX

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Bugzilla have received a report. And when they afterwards asked for specification I send a text written in lib5. I have had a post at the mentioned danish website for several days, but without response. The downgrading idea seems OK, doable with synaptic. But I find it difficult to find not-tar-, but debian-based older danish-based versions, for my MX, to reinstall- with gdebi I guess, right? The references on the same website doesn't work.

Last edited by JesperFriborg; 06-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #20
Jan K.
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperFriborg View Post
I find it difficult to find not-tar-, but debian-based older danish-based versions, for my MX, to reinstall- with gdebi I guess, right?
I'm only slowly dipping my toes in the Linux water and this is too deep for me!

You don't save old versions? Or have backups?

You can of course find older version in the LibreOffice archive and isn't language specified during install?

For deb package, perhaps pay a visit to MX Linux forum for help.

Sorry, I'm no better...

Old 06-17-2019, 04:42 AM   #21
business_kid
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware & Android

Rep: Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115Reputation: 1115
Yes, you generally can install packages from older versions.

The exception is inclined to be where you have something-2.x.x in the new distro, and something-1.x.x in the old, and the two are incompatible. This is rare.

3 members found this post helpful.