LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro New to LinuxQuestions.org? Been a long time member but never made a post? Introduce yourself here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Distribution: slackware

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
A forest ranger dreaming like a ForestBOFH

Hello all.
My name is Alfonso (my nick... You can see it).
I'm from Spain. I'm a happy forest ranger in the North of León, in the middle of the Cantábrica Mountains (with a bad network connection, by the way).
I'm not a newbie in Linux (I use GNU/Linux since about ten years ago), but I am a simple forest guard, not a programmer or a sysadmin. I can speak with trees, but computers don't understand me (in fact, I can't understand them). But I like it, even if I have a issue (perhaps, I like it more if I have an issue, because I learn a lot).
I began with some ubuntu based distros powered here in Spain (GNU/Guadalinex was the first), but I met Slackware right away, and I loved it. I tested another distros (even I tried with Gentoo, I learned a lot only installing and configuring it, but rolling distros are not for me).
Now I have Slackware in my desktop, in my little home server, in several pcs of friends and family... (you know: configure a good GNU/Linux and forget it). And I am now using kali Linux (another rolling distro) in my own laptop (and another pending task, learning pentesting). (It is possible to "cron" my short free time in order to keep learning??
So, I'm nice to register here, in LQ, and I am happy to edit my first post.
Thank you very much for the site, for the great community, for all.

Last edited by ForestuX; 10-31-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #2
Lysander666

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114Reputation: 2114
Hi ForestuX. I liked your opening post. Feel free to post your comments, questions, concerns, opinions over in the Slackware forum here at LQ:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/

Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander666 View Post
Hi ForestuX. I liked your opening post. Feel free to post your comments, questions, concerns, opinions over in the Slackware forum here at LQ:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/
Hello Lysander666.
I'm glad you to like my post, and I'm nice to meet you.
In fact, I have "re-solved" my first question in Slackware-installation.

In honor of the truth I was registered here several years ago (I can't remember why I registered here, sure I had a question that I can't remember now). I can't remember my old user, my old password here, neither the email acount I used at that time.
So, I am here again, whit a new nick, and lots of desire to enjoy here onwards.
Thank you for your words.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
rokytnji
LQ Veteran

Distribution: AntiX 17

Rep: Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935Reputation: 2935
Howdy and Welcome . /bin/bash ? Spanish Barrio? That would be cool beans. A colonia named /bin/bash.

I've already been to the underneath on a drunk night. As usual. Don't remember much.

As you can tell. I like to kid when feeling good.

Old 11-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
Howdy and Welcome . /bin/bash ? Spanish Barrio? That would be cool beans. A colonia named /bin/bash.

As you can tell. I like to kid when feeling good.
Thank you very much for your wellcome, rokytnji!!
Well I dream with living in /bin/bash (that would mean that I was a bash guru, but there is a long way to that point). I am learning bash and C now (sure now I can do a shabang), but I'm very bad, so the way is slow... (And the the student is too stubborn)
I don't mind saying where I live: a little city called Cofińal (yes, with ń, very spanish ). You can search it in www (it perhaps appears).
Quote:
I've already been to the underneath on a drunk night. As usual. Don't remember much.
I've been too, and I don't remember anything!!
I like your joke!!
Thank you for your words.

Last edited by ForestuX; 11-01-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
linustalman

Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64

Rep: Reputation: 389Reputation: 389Reputation: 389Reputation: 389
Greetings Alfonso.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:42 AM   #7
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by linustalman View Post
Greetings Alfonso.
Greetings from here, linustalman!!

Old 11-02-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
greencedar

Distribution: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver & Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa

Rep: Reputation: 60
Hi Alfonso and welcome to the LQ forum.

It is our hope that you do not lose your current LQ registration and participate in the forums on a regular basis.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:41 AM   #9
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Hello, greencedar, and thank you for your wellcome.
I've just lockep up my credentials for LQ in my " encrypted.NOT.never.lose.gpg" file, as you can see in this image:
My.credentials.
I hope not lose that notebook (I have saved a lot of passwords there), and I'll try to participate in the forums, although I can contribute a little, excepting my jokes, because I'm just only an end-user (dreaming in a ForestBOFH, but only dreaming)

Old 11-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #10
maheshn0205
LQ Newbie

Hello Alfonso,

Welcome to the community. love your intro dude.

nice to e-meet you.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Old 11-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #11
ForestuX
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Nice to e-meet you too, and graceful that my intro would like you.
Thanks for your words, Mahesh.

Tags
gnu linux, learn, newbie, slackware