LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2021, 02:00 AM   #31
cynwulf

Rep: Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367Reputation: 2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltree View Post
When you start looking inside OpenBSD you find a lot of code which comes from Linux. For example I am presently doing arm on a nanopi-neo-air and all the firmware, u-boot, dtb, etc comes from Linux. Applications are developed on/for Linux and patched/compiled for Openbsd. The gigantic kernel and some of the surrounding cruft where Linux sucks.
I have to wonder how long you've been using OpenBSD as you seem to know next to nothing about the OS, the project, it's goals, nor the difference between the base system and ports, nor in fact what constitutes "Linux"...