LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Arch
User Name
Password
Arch This Forum is for the discussion of Arch Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
R324D
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Forced permanent deletion on mount bind directory on GNOME Files (Nautilus)

Archlinux, Gnome, My partition scheme:
1. /efi
2. / xfs
3. swap
4. /data xfs

Partition #4 /data is shared data partition. It's contains of directory similar to home (documents, downloads, pictures, videos and music).
I mount bind it on home which is located on partition#2 /. It's successfully mirrored between /data and /home.
But whenever I try to delete from /home, it's forced to permanent deletion and can't send to trash.
Can someone point me out how to fix this? I asked this once on local forum, and no answer so far.

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
sevendogsbsd

Distribution: FreeBSD

Interesting - permissions in your /home? I want to say lack of gnome vfs, but Arch has a superb package manager and I have never known it to leave something like that out of a package install.

Just saw/understood your mount set up. If I had to guess, that is causing this but not sure how to resolve since I've never had a set up like that.

Last edited by sevendogsbsd; 02-13-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
R324D
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Arch Linux

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendogsbsd View Post
Just saw/understood your mount set up. If I had to guess, that is causing this but not sure how to resolve since I've never had a set up like that.
I have multiple distro on the same machine, rather than making it different home partition for each distro, I set one big size partition as a container for non-system data.

I don't think this setup that causing this, because I tried it on KDE once, it's just fine, deletion on home goes to trash properly.

Tags
arch linux, gnome, nautilus