LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software > Linux - Kernel
User Name
Password
Linux - Kernel This forum is for all discussion relating to the Linux kernel.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
adhdluke
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu MATE 16.04

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

I'd like to thank you all for your support and for showing me places to start. Linux has interested me for a while, and after running several distributions in VMs, and on actual hardware (and experiencing the associated driver issues) it really piqued my interest. The idea of having a free and open world like this is great, and I'm excited to contribute to it some day.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #17
Mill J

Distribution: Several Ubuntu based OS, LFS,Tahrpup, Quirky on Rpi and many others

Rep: Reputation: 42
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdluke View Post
The idea of having a free and open world like this is great, and I'm excited to contribute to it some day.
That's great! But you don't have to wait, you can start right now by testing unstable software, reporting bugs, help with documentation,etc. There is a lot you can do even if you can't write code.

And you're at a great age to start(that's when I started...um not very long ago)

Best of Luck!