LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories Just spent four hours configuring your favorite program? Just figured out a Linux problem that has been stumping you for months?
Post your Linux Success Stories here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #16
greencedar

Distribution: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa & 19.3 Tricia

Rep: Reputation: 128Reputation: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
You may need to create some scripts for them to run, with simple GUI interfaces to collect the arguments. I remember that one of the librarians where I worked created a script that automated an update, compared the output with a stored standard one and then printed "OK" or "Ask for help". The staff used it without having the faintest idea what they were doing, but they liked it.
Hazel,

I think this is a good suggestion. It would help those individuals who are trying to use Linux but are not well versed with the command line.

Greencedar

Last edited by greencedar; 04-13-2019 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling