LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Mobile
User Name
Password
Linux - Mobile This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Mobile Linux. This includes Android, Tizen, Sailfish OS, Replicant, Ubuntu Touch, webOS, and other similar projects and products.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
mark_alfred

Distribution: Ubuntu Linux 16.04, Debian 10, LineageOS 14.1

Rep: Reputation: 210Reputation: 210Reputation: 210
gMTP no longer shows my Download files

gMTP no longer shows my Download folder. Instead it now simply says "Connected to N/A". Same with the Music folder.

I have a Galaxy Nexus phone, running Lineage. The Android version would be 6.0.1. The Lineage version is 13.0-20180211-NIGHTLY-maguro (last available version of Lineage for this phone that I'm aware of). My desktop is Debian 9, 6G RAM.

Anyone know how I can get it back to showing the Download and Music files? I was messing around with Developer options in the phone recently, so maybe I changed something that caused this. Anyway, showing files as "N/A" means I can't copy music or recipe files (or other files) to the phone.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
mark_alfred

Original Poster
I installed a backup from two days ago, and that fixed it. So, I now see the files. Meaning that it is an issue on the phone. I would like to get the backup from just now returned, however. I'm wondering what caused this. As I mentioned, I was messing around with the Developer options, so perhaps this caused it.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
mark_alfred

Original Poster
Well, I restored the phone to it's most recent incarnation. I can access the Downloads (and Music) folders, and upload files there, but I can't see previous files that exist there. Odd.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
mark_alfred

Original Poster
This seems fixed now. LineageOS for Galaxy Nexus (maguro) stopped being maintained in February. I had been worried about keeping the phone updated, and so in June I found an unofficial rom online and installed that (which only sorta installed with some errors). I then reinstalled the official rom from Feb 11, but I encountered this difficulty with gmtp that I described above. However, recently I built a rom myself as per instructions on the Lineage wiki, and after installing this, it seems to have fixed things with gmtp.

Tags
debian, gmtp, lineage