LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
belbinbenny1@gmail.com
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2018
Posts: 3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question Read-only Problem


I use Linux mint as a server and the system used in my network as windows when i open some of the files in multiple system, the second system doesn't give me the warning as the file is opened. When i try to save the file in the first system i can't save it that shows read only.
also when i try to open office documents it shows a warning that "can't be accessed. The files may be corrupted, located on a server that is not responding, or read-only. The second problem will happens when file is not accessed by any other system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	28593   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUTOCAD ERROR.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	28594  
 
Old 09-14-2018, 04:34 AM   #2
business_kid
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Slackware & Android
Posts: 9,343

Rep: Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977Reputation: 977
It's a mistake, imho, to open the same file in two systems simultaneously. What are you trying to achieve by doing that? You're lucky all it does is complain.
 
Old 09-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,644

Rep: Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068
Quote:
Originally Posted by belbinbenny1@gmail.com View Post
I use Linux mint as a server and the system used in my network as windows when i open some of the files in multiple system, the second system doesn't give me the warning as the file is opened. When i try to save the file in the first system i can't save it that shows read only.
also when i try to open office documents it shows a warning that "can't be accessed. The files may be corrupted, located on a server that is not responding, or read-only. The second problem will happens when file is not accessed by any other system.
And aside from what business_kid says, you're not giving us any details at all, to let us even guess as to why. How are you mounting that drive in Windows? NFS? Samba? SSHFS? FTP? These things have bearing on file locking and how things are done. Version of Mint? Windows?
 
Old 09-14-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
syg00
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Distribution: Lots ...
Posts: 17,068

Rep: Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595Reputation: 2595
See the OPs other thread.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #5
belbinbenny1@gmail.com
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2018
Posts: 3

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
And aside from what business_kid says, you're not giving us any details at all, to let us even guess as to why. How are you mounting that drive in Windows? NFS? Samba? SSHFS? FTP? These things have bearing on file locking and how things are done. Version of Mint? Windows?
Sometimes we need to access the file multiple device with read-only. Otherwise the WORK can't be saved.
 
Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,644

Rep: Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068Reputation: 5068
Quote:
Originally Posted by belbinbenny1@gmail.com View Post
Sometimes we need to access the file multiple device with read-only. Otherwise the WORK can't be saved.
...and you **STILL** don't answer any of the questions asked, or provide any details. Read the "Question Guidelines" link in my posting signature. Either provide details, ask a clear question, and participate in the conversation, or there is not much point in posting.

This thread and your other both have no information, and you haven't answered any questions, despite being asked.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raid disk problem : Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read ElmPie Linux - General 5 08-26-2008 05:21 AM
'Read Only' Problem me! Linux - Software 4 06-26-2006 02:53 AM
SD Card Read Problem (Not Mount Problem) GNewbie Linux - Newbie 0 06-21-2006 12:44 AM
Cd Read Problem Bill J. Linux - Software 1 10-11-2004 05:22 PM
Read chinese problem ust Linux - General 3 09-21-2004 12:09 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration