LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware
User Name
Password
Slackware This Forum is for the discussion of Slackware Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #16
Slackware_fan_Fred

Distribution: Slackware64-14.2 Multilib

Rep: Reputation: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander666 View Post
or

Episode I: The phantomjs Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Cloned Object
Episode III: Revenge of the GiST
Episode IV: A new LTS
Episode V: ivandi Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the GitEye
Episode VII: The Brute Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last python3-jedi
Episode IX: The Rise of pipewalker

Or something.
lol I love those
Thought Episode V would be "The Terminal strikes Back"

Old 09-22-2019, 08:35 PM   #17
ricky_cardo

Distribution: Slackware64-Current

Rep: Reputation: 76
If you like the ambigram like I do:
Here is a lilo image for you

http://lehcar.no-ip.org:8080/~rich/w...k_ambigram.bmp

-- need to read about how to make an elilo image

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:09 AM   #18
bassmadrigal
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656Reputation: 6656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackware_fan_Fred View Post
I wonder why he doesn't use Amazon to sell Slackware stuff? Since most people have an Amazon account, imo it would be convenient for people, and you can just buy using a gift card. I see some Slackware products on Amazon but as far as I know he gets nothing from the sellers on there.
Because he'd have to supply those products to Amazon so they can distribute it (or sell through Amazon and distribute the products himself, which is more difficult and makes things not "Prime Eligible"). And to supply the products, he'd need to have a manufacturer lined up.

CafePress makes, sells, and distributes the products on their site. The "owners" just send in the logos they want and what products they want it on and that's all they do. CafePress will then send the owner a cut of the proceeds when someone buys something on the site. It's not as lucrative as selling things yourself, but it also frees up a lot of time that can be better used in making Slackware better.

Pat previously stated that when he set up the CafePress site, the Slackware Store had full distribution rights to the original Slackware logo, so he used the flippy logo. There's been many suggestions that he switch CafePress to the original logo as many would like to purchase something officially supporting him with the original logo, but this obviously hasn't happened yet. I hope it's yet to come and Pat is just focused on getting -current closer to a beta release and, ultimately, a new stable 15.0 release.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #19
Slackware_fan_Fred

Distribution: Slackware64-14.2 Multilib

Rep: Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmadrigal View Post
Because he'd have to supply those products to Amazon so they can distribute it (or sell through Amazon and distribute the products himself, which is more difficult and makes things not "Prime Eligible"). And to supply the products, he'd need to have a manufacturer lined up.

CafePress makes, sells, and distributes the products on their site. The "owners" just send in the logos they want and what products they want it on and that's all they do. CafePress will then send the owner a cut of the proceeds when someone buys something on the site. It's not as lucrative as selling things yourself, but it also frees up a lot of time that can be better used in making Slackware better.

Pat previously stated that when he set up the CafePress site, the Slackware Store had full distribution rights to the original Slackware logo, so he used the flippy logo. There's been many suggestions that he switch CafePress to the original logo as many would like to purchase something officially supporting him with the original logo, but this obviously hasn't happened yet. I hope it's yet to come and Pat is just focused on getting -current closer to a beta release and, ultimately, a new stable 15.0 release.
Ah ok I didn't know it was that much trouble, good thing then he doesn't since he shouldn't be troubled with all that, so he can focus on Slackware.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:34 AM   #20
average_user

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 220Reputation: 220Reputation: 220
Have you also received 'Data Security Incident' e-mail from 'CafePress onotreply@cafepress.com>'? It looks legit in comparison to multiple spam e-mails I get each day.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:02 AM   #21
Lysander666

Distribution: Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470Reputation: 2470
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_user View Post
Have you also received 'Data Security Incident' e-mail from 'CafePress onotreply@cafepress.com>'? It looks legit in comparison to multiple spam e-mails I get each day.
It's genuine.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0..._to_customers/