LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General > LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Success Stories Just spent four hours configuring your favorite program? Just figured out a Linux problem that has been stumping you for months?
Post your Linux Success Stories here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Aughey
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Newbie but Im finding Mint amazing

I bought a Toshiba N100 NB270 10" netbook the seller had installed with Mint 19.1. I originally intended to restore XP onto it. I started playing about with Mint 19.1 and the penny dropped this was a fantastic OS. I had a 500gb 2.5 HDD Win 7 from a 15" Dell laptop which went west for other reasons many moons ago. I also own an E Machines 10" netbook so to be safe I removed its 160 gig XP drive popped the 500 gig and connected a USB cd rom drive with a CD ISO of Mint 19.1. It went like clockwork and the little netbook is now back on the net (I wouldnt dare put it online with XP) I even installed Teamviewer 14 (eventually) from the Teamviewer website. The 1st attempt I found a video online copied the script and entered it into the terminal. It dsidnt work at first but I was prompted by the terminal to add "sudo" to the copied commnands and that worked. However it was Teamviewer 12 which turned out to be incompatible with the current version 14 on my PC and an Imac I regularly use. The Debian 32 bit version on Teamviewer page kept ending in a not avaiilible page. Somehow I went to the page on my PC and it downloaded a file which was still coming up empty on my EM250. I put the file on a usb stick transferred it to the netbook and hey presto I now have a working version of Teamviewer 14 on it. I even tested this on the Imac and was able to run Imac softaware remotely from my Linux netbook. How cool is that!Success!

Old 02-20-2019, 02:57 AM   #2
l0f4r0

Distribution: Debian

Rep: Reputation: 290Reputation: 290Reputation: 290
Greetings Aughey
I'm glad you enjoy Linux

Old 02-24-2019, 05:28 PM   #3
greencedar

Distribution: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa & 19.3 Tricia

Rep: Reputation: 128Reputation: 128
Glad to know that you like Linux Mint 19.1. Interesting story of how you got Teamviewer 14 to work. Thanks for relating your success story.