LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2019, 04:50 AM   #1
Ogly213
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Unhappy need help with programming

okey.. i will try to resume my problem

i have 2 network's cards with different Internet providers
one is on 192.168.1.38 and another is on 192.168.8.1 (most likely a ppp0)

i access through Squid to 192.168.1.38 public ip but we are not going to work with that ethernet we are going to work on
192.168.8.1 public ip

my question is how we can redirect all the traffic and then access through 192.168.1.38 public ip and get redirected as 192.168.8.1 public ip

i have been working on this 2 weeks, i made it on local, but somehow on external doesn't work very well, could you mind lend me a hand?

Old 09-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
berndbausch

Distribution: Redhat/Centos, Ubuntu, Raspbian, Fedora, Alpine, Cirros, OpenSuse/SLES

Rep: Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902Reputation: 902
While I doubt I can help you with network programming, I have suggestions how to ask a better question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogly213 View Post
my question is how we can redirect all the traffic and then access through 192.168.1.38 public ip and get redirected as 192.168.8.1 public ip
This is confusing. You want to access what from where? Do you mean all traffic that comes in via one NIC should be rerouted to the other NIC? Have you investigated whether netfilter (iptables command) allows you to do that?

Quote:
i have been working on this 2 weeks, i made it on local, but somehow on external doesn't work very well, could you mind lend me a hand?
I don't think anybody will lend you a hand unless you state a few fundamental facts, such as the programming language(s) you use, the program that works "on local", and what the symptoms are when it doesn't work "on external".

Old 09-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #3
Ogly213
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndbausch View Post
While I doubt I can help you with network programming, I have suggestions how to ask a better question.

This is confusing. You want to access what from where? Do you mean all traffic that comes in via one NIC should be rerouted to the other NIC? Have you investigated whether netfilter (iptables command) allows you to do that?

I don't think anybody will lend you a hand unless you state a few fundamental facts, such as the programming language(s) you use, the program that works "on local", and what the symptoms are when it doesn't work "on external".

okey, let's be more clear

i have tried all this.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 20000 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.8.1
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp --dport 20000 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -o eth1 -s 192.168.1.0/16 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/16 -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -j ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.1.38 -p tcp --dport 20000 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.8.100

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.1.38 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.8.100
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/16 -i eth1

^
|
this worked on local
i'm trying to redirect the traffic that comes to NIC to another NIC on port 20000