LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - Installation
User Name
Password
Slackware - Installation This forum is for the discussion of installation issues with Slackware.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 12:26 AM   #91
koroki

Distribution: Arch Linux

Rep: Reputation: Disabled

What about the sound, no news ?

When I have some time, probably I reinstall Arch in my machine.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #92
Ilgar

Distribution: Slackware64 15.0, Slackwarearm 14.2

Rep: Reputation: 234Reputation: 234Reputation: 234
Hi folks,

Today I had some success with my Bay Trail tablet. For those interested, here is the link to the thread where I tell my story:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...et-4175552014/

I will be eyeing this thread too , we seem to have common unresolved issues.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #93
ElfShotTheFood

Distribution: Slackware

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
ok, some progress in other areas, got multitouch enabled, two finger scrolling and pinch to zoom work nice.

found a nice little script that will rotate the screen AND the input, made a button for it on the xfce panel, eventually it will be bound to the tilt sensor, but that seems like such a low priority thing right now.

currently using the linux-next kernel that will be 4.3-rc1 next weekend. still has issues with the stylus and touch killing each other, if you can keep from touching the screen the stylus is great, if you touch the screen with your palm or finger while the stylus is close, they both die. anybody know how to make xorg reload the input drivers without reloading the whole server? if i could make a script that would do that i could bind it to the windows button on the side of the tablet that reads as keycode 133. i haven't yet found any sign that the volume keys work, but the windows button will wake up the blanked screen.

audio still doesn't work but lots of modules get loaded. same with bluetooth.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #94
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
not a lot of difference with 4.3-rc1. make oldconfig only asked about one option.

i found out that the windows button on the side of the tablet is keycode 133, i also found out that udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
will reload the touch and stylus when they drop out. now i just have to find time to research xmodmap or xkb to tie the two things together so that when the input gets borked, in theory i can just press the windows button to fix things.

still no luck with audio, or volume keys.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:19 AM   #95
swex
LQ Newbie

Hello there, just purchased that tablet. Specially for Linux installation on it.
The best price/performance combination for today I guess. Thinking about Fedora.
Can somebody give me link to complete how-to. Booting, flashing efi, installing on internal ssd etc.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:19 AM   #96
Didier Spaier
LQ Addict

Distribution: Slint64-15.0

Hi swex, welcome to LQ.

The best advice I can give you is to carefully read this thread and follow the links in it.

As you will see, installing Linux on this tablet is not really a piece of cake.

Also, as this is a Slackware forum, you won't probably get much answers from Fedora users here.

Good luck.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #97
swex
LQ Newbie

First day of usage and I've managed to boot fedora 23 live usb!
It comes with kernel 4.2.0.
Kde 5 gui works pretty smooth, battery status works fine. No wifi yet (probably need some modules to install).
Stylus stop to work after a while, but if I restart sddm login manager(restart X etc) I've got it to work again.
Mb problem in X driver?
And one more annoying thing: there is no backlight control.
Some advice how to fix wifi, stylus, backlight?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #98
ElfShotTheFood

Original Poster
with slackware, all i had to do to enable wifi was to put the attached txt file in /lib/firmware/brcm/ it worked fine on the next boot.

i haven't tried anything with the backlight, but the stylus and touchscreen should work fine with kernel 4.2, kernel 4.1 had the magic gpio irq fix that was needed. maybe it just needs to be enabled by fedora somehow.

the stylus will stop working if you touch the screen with your hand and use the stylus at the same time.

does audio work with fedora?

good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: txt brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt (3.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by ElfShotTheFood; 09-26-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #99
swex
LQ Newbie

thx, for wifi, I'll tell you about audio later... didn't test yet.

Did you managed to get manipulate backlight? Backlight - main problem for now, need to dim light to save battery...

And maybe some other sensors?

cameras?
gps?
bluetooth?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #100
koroki

For the backlight, there are a dirty way to do it. Now I'm not at home, it's possible by commands.

No camaras, GPS or bluethoot. No sound neither.

I'm interested in the button. @ElfShotTheFood, only the windows button is working? It can be a good option for rEFInd...

Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #101
koroki

For down the brightness:

xrandr --output DSI1 --brightness 0.4

Where 0.4 is the power, from 0 to 1

Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #102
koroki

The new version of gnome includes support for light sensor and orientation. If someday these drivers was founded for vivotab, gnome-shell can be a really good option for this tablet (and other more).

Old 11-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #103
swex
LQ Newbie

I've managed to install fedora 23 and get wifi and gpu working, anyway I've got full system freeze after some random time. I've heard that caused by i915 module.
Also I tried vanilla kernel and failed to get wifi working on it. I've got brcmfmac module in lsmod but it cant see wifi device... Can somebody provide good kernel .config?

ps: koroki xrandr brightness is only gamma tuning, you can't make power consumption lower that way.

Last edited by swex; 11-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #104
koroki

I know, but it is he unique way to prevent burning your eyes XD

The support is really bad in general, I've had the frozen bug during many kernel versions...

Old 11-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #105
swex
LQ Newbie

I found a way to control backlight, you can do it like this:
echo 0 > /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip0/export
cd /sys/class/pwm/pwmchip0/pwm0
echo 20000 > period
echo 200 > duty_cycle

I also find patch series to add backlight support to i915 drivers but it was not applied in mainline.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.f...rs.intel/59348