LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro
User Name
Password
LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro New to LinuxQuestions.org? Been a long time member but never made a post? Introduce yourself here.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2019, 03:09 AM   #1
qwebb1965
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Mint 18.3

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Thanks for choice

Thanks so much for giving me choices. Started with Mepis, around 2000, on a p-4 pc, replaced windows 98 se on one of our computers.I was amazed how this could be much faster install than 98,(cd and floppies)Then came xp, sp1 then 2 and 3.Vista,Windows 7 and some Windpws 8 and 10.On all of our stuff. Linux eventually replaced all those on different desktops, laptops, at different times to present, for my wife,children and educational things for all. Our Gateway GT 5636e core2 quad had vista 32, still runs with mint 18.3 ssd and hd configuration,Laptop acer 17 inch laptop had Windows 7 now has ubuntu 16.04, and Hp 6200 mt had windows 7 ended up with Linux Mint 19.1 with new ssd. These machines have been tweaked with different Windows and Linux based OS overtime. Linux Os I have tried are to name mostly are Debian, PClinuxOS, Manjaro, Fedora,Ubuntu,Kubuntu, Big Dog linux,Puppy,Mepis, Antix,MX Linux, Elementary OS, all these choices, apps, desktops,, themes and so much more made possible by so many for everyone to enjoy and learn. Thanks everyone for continually making my experience better , unlike with Windows it was not.I have a win 7 quad core laptop in closet, in case my kids need for school, but with the cloud Google docs and Live 360, with the responsiveness of of Linux and all those choices, will probably end up With Linux OS as well. I have 3 android devices, 4 linux devices and 1 Windows.Thanks to all those who have made it possible for choices and freedom.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
greencedar

Distribution: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
freemedia2018

Distribution: various automated remasters

Rep: Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwebb1965 View Post
Thanks to all those who have made it possible for choices and freedom.
Awesome. I love that you care about the freedom part, too.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
linustalman

Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64

Rep: Reputation: 357Reputation: 357Reputation: 357Reputation: 357
Smile

Greetings qwebb1965.