LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #16
xray55

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Alright, so I think:

Code:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REGEX_REPLACE(...)
-> REGEX_REPLACE( message , '(https://domain1.com/forums/)showthread\\.php\\?[0-9]+)-([\\w-]+)' , '\\1index.php?threads/\\3.\\2' )
-> ;
or test first

Code:
-> SELECT message , message2=REGEX_REPLACE(...) FROM xf_post WHERE message LIKE '%domain1.com/forums/showthread.php%' LIMIT 0,10
-> ;

Last edited by xray55; 02-17-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
boughtonp

Distribution: Debian

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by scasey View Post
I'll leave it to a mod to explain why such things (private solutions to questions) are frowned on at LQ
I don't do private solutions - I charge for my time and focused attention, but the results being published is a condition of anything I do.

Quote:
PM is not available in either direction until one has a certain number of posts (I believe its 100, but you can find that in the FAQs yourself).
Searching the FAQ suggests it's only available to subscribers - though based on this other FAQ section its (also) available after making 1,000 posts.

Since I've been able to turn PMs on in Edit Options, I suspect both of the above are outdated and your 100 posts is more accurate.

*shrug*

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
boughtonp

Distribution: Debian

Rep: Reputation: 147Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray55 View Post
Alright, so I think:
Code:
-> REGEX_REPLACE( message , '(https://domain1.com/forums/)showthread\\.php\\?[0-9]+)-([\\w-]+)' , '\\1index.php?threads/\\3.\\2' )
-> ;

Generally "..." means "insert something here" - i.e. change "REGEX_REPLACE(...)" to "REGEX_REPLACE( message , '(https://domain1.com/forums/)showthread\\.php\\?[0-9]+)-([\\w-]+)' , '\\1index.php?threads/\\3.\\2' )" not put one after the other.

However, I'm not sure you even need to be writing your own queries - according to this community XenForo vB4 importer there's now an official importer available - in which case that tool should be what you use, and it should handle updating link for you. (If it doesn't, that's a bug in the importer which should be reported to XenForo.)

Old 02-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #19
scasey

Distribution: CentOS 7.7.1908

Rep: Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563Reputation: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by boughtonp View Post
I don't do private solutions - I charge for my time and focused attention, but the results being published is a condition of anything I do.

Searching the FAQ suggests it's only available to subscribers - though based on this other FAQ section its (also) available after making 1,000 posts.

Since I've been able to turn PMs on in Edit Options, I suspect both of the above are outdated and your 100 posts is more accurate.

*shrug*

Yes. I wasn't speaking to you, but to the OP. Sorry that wasn't clear.

I'm not sure where I found the 100 posts thing, but the subject has come up before with relative newbies, who usually also need to be educated about how LQ works.

To xray55 (again): You need to just experiment until you get the results you want. You have the data, we don't.
boughtonp showed you how to do that in #6
Quote:
But before you do that, it's often a good idea to test these types of things with by previewing the result in a select statement, e.g:

Code:
SELECT message , message2=REGEX_REPLACE(...) FROM xf_post WHERE message LIKE '%showthread.php%' LIMIT 0,10
Then you can check that the replace works as expected.
Broken down:
SELECT just prints output to the screen
First, print the contents of the message column
Second, print the contents of the column after applying your code
FROM the xf_post table
WHERE the message column contains the string "showthread.php" within it.

Last edited by scasey; 02-19-2020 at 10:46 AM.