LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Mobile
User Name
Password
Linux - Mobile This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Mobile Linux. This includes Android, Tizen, Sailfish OS, Replicant, Ubuntu Touch, webOS, and other similar projects and products.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
penguinator
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
android adb push to external sdcard fails

hello all,

I installed android SDK to check it out. So far, so good.

I am using adb to pull and push files. So far I can:
  1. push and pull files to the internal sdcard storage.
  2. pull files from from the external card
But I cannot push files to the external card.
I get permission denied error.

Here are the mount settings for the internal sdcard card and extermal sdcard

Quote:
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/extSdCard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,uid=1000,gid=1023,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utim e=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
I also have USB debuuging enabled on the phone in case you're wondering.

Android 4.0.4 has dropped USB Mass storage support. Right now, I am using a card reader to write files to the external card and it gets tedious removing it back and forth just to write to it.

Anyway, if you know a solution let me know. Thanks

Last edited by penguinator; 12-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
MS3FGX
LQ Guru

Distribution: Slackware, Debian

Rep: Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361Reputation: 361
I assume you are able to create files on the SD card from within Android normally? What if you try and place a file on the SD card from the Android command line (using "adb shell")?

Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
penguinator
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I still get permission denied on the external card within the adb shell, I also did a chmod 777 on the extSdCard folder to no avail. However I was able to write a file on the internal sdcard within the adb shell. Very weird.

At least I have two ways I can write to the external card, one way is by removing it and using a card reader.

The second way is Airdroid. It interacts with the phone and desktop wirelessly. This method I don't have to remove the card.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Last edited by penguinator; 12-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.