LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Linux Power User Bundle
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 06:35 AM   #16
TheEzekielProject

Distribution: Devuan+lxde

Rep: Reputation: 189Reputation: 189

@tofino_surfer

"Jack of all trades, master of none, but often times better than master of one".

Yes, thank you for your contribution to the post. It was entirely helpful to the Original Poster.

I am a hobbyist who works here voluntarily, this is not my trade, just as many others here. I have never had a need for mass file conversion, as I only work on my home network.

And I know enough that for you to pretend that a google search (or whatever your preferred engine) isn't your first line of of problem solving for something you don't already know, is a lie.

I merely presented this as a possible solution, indicating in my initial post "But take that with a grain of salt I'm no expert"

I had googled for file conversion solutions, and adapted them to the situation at hand. My file manager showed a different file type. My initial conclusion was that it had worked. But I kept testing to make sure. And looked for more concrete solutions. Because from my experience gui tools aren't as trustworthy. So I dug deeper, because I like to learn. And I found my mistake, and admitted it as such. And afterward have let more knowledgeable people reply.

“It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.”

Forgive me for my mistake. I will now unsubscribe from this thread as I cannot help the Original Poster, and we are getting off topic.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #17
jefro

Rep: Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778Reputation: 2778
Members are reminded to address the OP's topic and to maintain a business like conversation.

Please don't enter into flame wars.