LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Laptop and Netbook
User Name
Password
Linux - Laptop and Netbook Having a problem installing or configuring Linux on your laptop? Need help running Linux on your netbook? This forum is for you. This forum is for any topics relating to Linux and either traditional laptops or netbooks (such as the Asus EEE PC, Everex CloudBook or MSI Wind).

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 AM   #1
ZombyWoof
LQ Newbie

Distribution: Ubuntu 12.04 on eeePC

Rep: Reputation: 0
Simplicity16.07/Puppy15,06 32Bit on Asus eeepc1000: how to load a saved session

Decided to wake up my old eeePC, from which I had dropped Xandros and installed Ubuntu, by doing a full install of Puppy15.06 on sda1. All good with set-up until it came to shutting down, when I was prompted to save session. Did so: folder is present on sda1: LxPupsave-ZombyWoof. However, any time I shut down and then restart I have to go through set-up all over again and have not found a way to load the session. Some checks on this forum and on Youtube etc reveal a wealth of good advice and tutorials on how to install Puppy, including up until that 'First shutdown' and saving your session point, but tantalisingly no tutorial on how to spark it up again. Advice gratefully received: please bear in mind that despite my profile age on this forum I am a total newbie...