LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > 4MLinux
User Name
Password
4MLinux This forum is for the discussion of 4MLinux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #16
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1234 View Post
Hi,

Menu > Extensions > NetApps > Mozilla > Firefox

.
Thanks. I should have looked around more. It's been a while since I fired up my 4MLinux VM and I'm a little rusty with it.

Can I uninstall Chromium?
 
Old 01-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #17
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
Quite easily:
Code:
rm -fr /opt/chromium
This is somewhat brutal but effective :-)


When you install a new web browser in 4MLinux, it will be automatically setup as the default one.
You can also use this: Menu > Settings > DefaultApps > Browser

.

Last edited by zk1234; 01-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #18
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1234 View Post
Quite easily:
Code:
rm -fr /opt/chromium
This is somewhat brutal but effective :-)


When you install a new web browser in 4MLinux, it will be automatically setup as the default one.
You can also use this: Menu > Settings > DefaultApps > Browser

.
Cheers Zbigniew.
 
Old 01-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #19
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by linustalman View Post
Cheers Zbigniew.
See you!


 
Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #20
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
TheSSS 27.2 released.

This is a minor (point) release based on the 4MLinux Server 27.2, meaning that the components of the LAMP server are now: Linux 4.14.94, Apache 2.4.37, MariaDB 10.3.12, and PHP (both 5.6.40 and 7.2.14).

You can update your TheSSS by executing the "zk update" command (fully automatic process).

More:
http://4mlinux-releases.blogspot.com...-released.html

.
 
Old 02-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #21
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
4MLinux 27.2 released.

This is a minor (point) release in the 4MLinux STABLE channel, which comes with the Linux kernel 4.14.94. The 4MLinux Server now includes Apache 2.4.37, MariaDB 10.3.12, and PHP 7.2.14.

You can update your 4MLinux by executing the "zk update" command in your terminal (fully automatic process).

More:
http://4mlinux-releases.blogspot.com...-released.html

.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:50 AM   #22
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1234 View Post
This is a minor (point) release in the 4MLinux STABLE channel, which comes with the Linux kernel 4.14.94. The 4MLinux Server now includes Apache 2.4.37, MariaDB 10.3.12, and PHP 7.2.14.

You can update your 4MLinux by executing the "zk update" command in your terminal (fully automatic process).

More:
http://4mlinux-releases.blogspot.com...-released.html

.
Hi Zbigniew. Smooth update as usual.

I notice that when I go to 'Firefox' >> 'Help' >> 'About Firefox', then it downloads the newest Firefox that it does not restart. Also it won't launch from the wbar. The only fix I found was to remove FF and reinstall. Why was FF not updated to the latest version with 'zk update'?

Last edited by linustalman; 02-03-2019 at 05:51 AM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #23
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by linustalman View Post
Why was FF not updated to the latest version with 'zk update'?
4MLinux updates the contents of the /opt directory only for major releases (26.0, 27.0, 28.0, ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linustalman View Post
I notice that when I go to 'Firefox' >> 'Help' >> 'About Firefox', then it downloads the newest Firefox that it does not restart. Also it won't launch from the wbar. The only fix I found was to remove FF and reinstall.
It looks that the newest Firefox is not fully compatible with the 4MLinux 27 series. You must wait till the next major 4MLinux release, which will fix that (at least I hope so :-). In the meantime you should disable automatic updates of Firefox:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...ux-4175647554/

Thanks for reporting this problem !

.

Last edited by zk1234; 02-03-2019 at 09:47 AM.
 
Old 02-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #24
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Exclamation

Unfortunately the FF issue persists. I ran the code from https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...nux-4175647554. I installed Chromium and it works fine but I much prefer FF. As it stands, I cannot launch FF.
 
Old 02-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #25
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1234 View Post

...

Thanks for reporting this problem !

.
You're welcome my friend.
 
Old 02-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #26
zk1234
4MLinux Maintainer
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Location: Poland
Distribution: 4MLinux, Slackware
Posts: 905

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 170Reputation: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by linustalman View Post
Unfortunately the FF issue persists. I ran the code from https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...nux-4175647554. I installed Chromium and it works fine but I much prefer FF. As it stands, I cannot launch FF.
1) Restore the default version:
Code:
4mlinuX getfirefox
2) Now run the code:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...nux-4175647554

Done!

.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM   #27
linustalman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Location: Ireland
Distribution: Debian 9 Stable (Stretch) x64
Posts: 3,284

Rep: Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354Reputation: 354
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1234 View Post
1) Restore the default version:
Code:
4mlinuX getfirefox
2) Now run the code:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...nux-4175647554

Done!

.
Perfect!
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 4MLinux 25 series. zk1234 4MLinux 31 12-01-2018 03:08 AM
The 4MLinux 23 series. zk1234 4MLinux 19 06-03-2018 07:18 AM
The 4MLinux 16.0 series zk1234 4MLinux 9 03-01-2016 05:42 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > 4MLinux

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration