LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Slackware > Slackware - Installation
User Name
Password
Slackware - Installation This forum is for the discussion of installation issues with Slackware.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
pruitthall
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Slackware 14.0 and VMWare 5

Newbie here and slightly intimidated by Slackware's installation. Have VMWare, running three distro's (Mint, Debian and Fedora) and never had a problem. Trying to install Slackware 14.0 (2.4Gb ISO) with VMWare Player 5.0.2. VMWare sure doesn't recognize Slackware and the only tutorials I've seen are VirtualBox-based (99%) or one Mac-based one on YouTube where the guy / gal just flies through the installation.

Are there any good VMWare / Slackware installation guides anyone could point me to? I don't want to dork up my sole hard disk by doing something crazy...funny, isn't it? Mint, Debian and Fedora never intimidated me, but Slackware just DOES.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
onebuck

Distribution: SlackwareŽ

Rep: Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159Reputation: 3159
Member response

Hi,

Welcome to LQ!

You can look at: Slackware Doc Project for Slackware installation instructions;
Quote:
Slackware installation: a guide through the whole process of installing and configuring
You will find other helpful information there and at SlackwareŽ-Links.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
FeyFre

Distribution: Slackware

Rep: Reputation: 30
Do strictly the same as when You installing Slackware into real hardware. There is no difference expect Post-Intall steps like to remove unused X video and innut drivers(and strictly speaking, yet it is no different then on real hardware).