LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Containers
User Name
Password
Linux - Containers This forum is for the discussion of all topics relating to Linux containers. Docker, LXC, LXD, runC, containerd, CoreOS, Kubernetes, Mesos, rkt, and all other Linux container platforms are welcome.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
jr_bob_dobbs

Distribution: Bedrock, Devuan, Slackware, Linux From Scratch, Void

Rep: Reputation: 188Reputation: 188
runc won't start a container

Trying to get my head around containers and I'm trying to start simple, by using just runc.

There is a directory: /hsc/first_run. In it is a directory called rootfs, which contains an unzipped "image" of a small OS. I can do things like "chroot rootfs busybox sh" and get results. This indicates that the image is good.

According to my reading, the following should work, as root:
Code:
cd /hsc/first_run
runc spec
runc start makeupanameanynamejustpickoneandstickwithit
Nope. Every time:
Code:
container makeupanameanynamejustpickoneandstickwithit does not exist
one or more of container start failed
I tried using the directory name "rootfs" instead of "makeupanameanynamejustpickoneandstickwithit" but that does not work either. I looked inside the config.json file for a container name. Could not find anything.

What am I missing? What crucial thing is overlooked in all man pages, web pages and tutorials that I need to know?

Thank you.